What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Start the disscussion with reasons you think this, because it's not the case. Might be even, maybe. Did an Arrow body your Grundy?? what does Body mean to you? 7-3??
His corpse walk can be countered by any fast string into savage blast, it seems to work very well when grundy is trying to get close. He does win the trade if he does ex swamp hands from afar but at least he needs meter. If you play within mid range it's tough for him to use swamp hands because you can jump in and corpse walk can be countered pretty easily on reaction. It could possibly be in arrows favor, maybe even. I'm not trying to throw out numbers anymore honestly, especially with the new patch coming out.

I can see why people could struggle with grundy but if you play that mid range right he has a hard time vs arrow. 7L actually helped me out with that match. He could probably give better info than I can on that match up.

LEGEND

YES!
i think the MU is fairly even, GA has more options but Grundy deals way more damage. Kinda like how Jax vs Cyrax was terrible for Cyrax but a single read and the match was over

also, a really nice thing about GA's backdash in this MU is that it covers basically no ground so you can wiff punish the attacks you backdashed

i wonder if the MB Stinger will be interruptable by WC on block. . .

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
MB Cleaver wrecks Arrow.

It catches all his wakeups and all his freaking shenanigans.

Then when he stops, you can start using normal tactics.

Grundy doesn't have to respect anything Arrow does at all ever at any point in the MU unless he has about at least a 75% health disadvantage.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
His corpse walk can be countered by any fast string into savage blast, it seems to work very well when grundy is trying to get close. He does win the trade if he does ex swamp hands from afar but at least he needs meter. If you play within mid range it's tough for him to use swamp hands because you can jump in and corpse walk can be countered pretty easily on reaction. It could possibly be in arrows favor, maybe even. I'm not trying to throw out numbers anymore honestly, especially with the new patch coming out.

I can see why people could struggle with grundy but if you play that mid range right he has a hard time vs arrow. 7L actually helped me out with that match. He could probably give better info than I can on that match up.

The thing is, most people don't corpse cancel with Grundy, once that starts happening, it gets fucky,

not being able to pressure him at all, and having to chip away at him with savage blast and lucky jumps when he just has to catch you a couple times and it's over, Grundy always has meter too.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
i think the MU is fairly even, GA has more options but Grundy deals way more damage. Kinda like how Jax vs Cyrax was terrible for Cyrax but a single read and the match was over

also, a really nice thing about GA's backdash in this MU is that it covers basically no ground so you can wiff punish the attacks you backdashed

i wonder if the MB Stinger will be interruptable by WC on block. . .

Thats the shitty thing about the back dash, cause it just gets eaten the fuck up by everything, it doesn't seem to have much invinc frames compared to other back dashes, when I do avoid shit with it, it feels like luck,

7L

Heads up!
For the grundy mu. Refer to the match Mikemetroid and I had at Kingdom come.

You have to know the mu and what you can do but GA does not lose this.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
MB Cleaver wrecks Arrow.

It catches all his wakeups and all his freaking shenanigans.

Then when he stops, you can start using normal tactics.

Grundy doesn't have to respect anything Arrow does at all ever at any point in the MU unless he has about at least a 75% health disadvantage.
MB Cleaver only wrecks arrow on wakeup and that is if he doesn't do mb b3 which in his case is super safe to do vs him on wakeup.

The big trick is to hit grundy's starter frames and cancel it in to savage blast. Not mindlessly savage blasting away. You're probably gonna end up using more fire arrows rather than ice arrows.

GA is always one or two CM away from grundy's moves. GA is also extremely hard to catch with swamp hands when he is in the mid range.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
MB Cleaver only wrecks arrow on wakeup and that is if he doesn't do mb b3 which in his case is super safe to do vs him on wakeup.

The big trick is to hit grundy's starter frames and cancel it in to savage blast. Not mindlessly savage blasting away. You're probably gonna end up using more fire arrows rather than ice arrows.

GA is always one or two CM away from grundy's moves. GA is also extremely hard to catch with swamp hands when he is in the mid range.
It wrecks him everywhere.
It makes him do very obvious movements to catch him with SH.

When you force his hand and just throw shit out to throw it out, sure you'll get waxed.

Every trade is in your favor.

I've never had a problem making GA do what I want. The only time I do is when he just reads every single move i'm going to do. That happens sometimes.

7L

Heads up!
It wrecks him everywhere.
It makes him do very obvious movements to catch him with SH.

When you force his hand and just throw shit out to throw it out, sure you'll get waxed.

Every trade is in your favor.

I've never had a problem making GA do what I want. The only time I do is when he just reads every single move i'm going to do. That happens sometimes.
On reaction you can mb b3 to punish ex cleaver. It's slow and predictable. I'm pretty sure punishable too.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I NEVER lose to arrows online. Maybe because I play both characters at a fairly decent level but at the end of the day, I helped invent arrow and I know what his options are. With grundy even if I am behind...just wait till your in the corner. Its a sad ending.

Mikemetroid why you say this? Grundy no agree

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
On reaction you can mb b3 to punish ex cleaver. It's slow and predictable. I'm pretty sure punishable too.
You're under teh assumption i'm just gonna let you sit there and predict it.

It is far from slow, and has deceptive range. Its +1 on block as well.

I mean, no offense, but Savage Blast is predictable and slow and is caught by MB SH for free as well. I also don't have to respect ANY of your frame traps, which make you have to play in a very predictable manner, which pushes you into the corner.

7L

Heads up!
You're under teh assumption i'm just gonna let you sit there and predict it.

It is far from slow, and has deceptive range. Its +1 on block as well.

I mean, no offense, but Savage Blast is predictable and slow and is caught by MB SH for free as well. I also don't have to respect ANY of your frame traps, which make you have to play in a very predictable manner, which pushes you into the corner.
Gooby please. I don't wiff the savage blast. You don't get the chance to catch it. Even if you get it started, your armor isn't on start up.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I NEVER lose to arrows online. Maybe because I play both characters at a fairly decent level but at the end of the day, I helped invent arrow and I know what his options are. With grundy even if I am behind...just wait till your in the corner. Its a sad ending.

Mikemetroid why you say this? Grundy no agree
I play with 7L a lot. At first I would body him with all of the moves like ex cleaver and swamp hands. WC on wake up and wcc to move around....

Ex Cleaver. Safe on block. Good wake up. However no armor on its slow start up. Which means its super easy to stuff.

Ex swamp hands. Very useful tool. Again it doesn't have armor immediately. It can only be used sparingly because Arrow should be shooting arrows immediately as opposed to holding the bow for a mix up. There fore grundy will not only take the hit but also GA can block the move. RARELY I am able to land the hands without getting hit by a fire arrow.

WC. Using WC as a wake up is dumb as shit. Instantly arrow can do a mb b3. Can also do 22 savage blast. Even with the cancel Grundy gets hit and blown back on the ground.

I feel this is a bad MU because Grundy uses all of his meter trying to catch GA and in the process is eating all of these mbb3s, fire arrows, and savage blasts.

So yeah.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Sorry for double posting but when grundy gets GA in the corner its really bad for GA lol. Its almost like the Cage and SZ MU. GA dominates everywhere except for when hes in the corner. Even then though Grundy has to have meter to really fuck GA up.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I play with 7L a lot. At first I would body him with all of the moves like ex cleaver and swamp hands. WC on wake up and wcc to move around....

Ex Cleaver. Safe on block. Good wake up. However no armor on its slow start up. Which means its super easy to stuff.

Ex swamp hands. Very useful tool. Again it doesn't have armor immediately. It can only be used sparingly because Arrow should be shooting arrows immediately as opposed to holding the bow for a mix up. There fore grundy will not only take the hit but also GA can block the move. RARELY I am able to land the hands without getting hit by a fire arrow.

WC. Using WC as a wake up is dumb as shit. Instantly arrow can do a mb b3. Can also do 22 savage blast. Even with the cancel Grundy gets hit and blown back on the ground.

I feel this is a bad MU because Grundy uses all of his meter trying to catch GA and in the process is eating all of these mbb3s, fire arrows, and savage blasts.

So yeah.
Well if mb b3 is your issue then I guess the whole cast beats him.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Sorry for double posting but when grundy gets GA in the corner its really bad for GA lol. Its almost like the Cage and SZ MU. GA dominates everywhere except for when hes in the corner. Even then though Grundy has to have meter to really fuck GA up.
I love this post.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
sorry for the tripple post...haha

but honestly, I will WCC 10 times in a row with 2 WCC until they are near the corner.

KABAL CANCELS ON THEM HOES! Really this destroys all MB b3 options till they stop doing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.