What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how do you guys think the green arrow vs lex match up? i only ran it a few times but it seems like lex actually has the advantage here.

I think so, although I've never fought a good Green Arrow before. They usually try and counter pick my Lex when they realize they are completely free. Pretty embarrassing that's the solution they come up with.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think so, although I've never fought a good Green Arrow before. They usually try and counter pick my Lex when they realize they are completely free. Pretty embarrassing that's the solution they come up with.
It's actually a really hard match for GA.

It's actually a really hard match for GA.
Oh I know it's a bad match up for GA but I wouldn't switch from Lex against Sinestro (a match up so in Sinestro favor it's insane. Possible the worst match up in the game) so I'm not gonna give a pass for GA players. Especially if they specifically pick a character who has a really good match up against Lex.

Scoot Magee

Oh I know it's a bad match up for GA but I wouldn't switch from Lex against Sinestro (a match up so in Sinestro favor it's insane. Possible the worst match up in the game) so I'm not gonna give a pass for GA players. Especially if they specifically pick a character who has a really good match up against Lex.
I just don't see why you or anyone else should be embarrassed about picking a character that plays the match up better. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean other players need some sort of pass for bettering their odds in a bad match. It's not something that should be looked down upon imo.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
I just don't see why you or anyone else should be embarrassed about picking a character that plays the match up better. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean other players need some sort of pass for bettering their odds in a bad match. It's not something that should be looked down upon imo.
Hes only trying to have a dig at me Scoot. Don't bother wasting your time trying to talk to him.

As much as I enjoyed reading that argument I would like to play your lex sometime so that I can learn the matchup, private message me if you wouldn't mind going through the MU with me

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Popping by to say I'm sorry I was absent over the weekend on my boards...very sorry. I'm cleaning this private argument out of here so people can get back to business as usual.

BTW after reading the Lobo, Joker, Cyborg, and Bane changes what are your thoughts on how those matchups may or may not change? Lobo supposedly has better wakeup viability (whatever that means) and some armor, and Bane has even MORE health thanks to venom changes and even more air control range since he can MB his Venom Uppercut raw into the dropkick now.

Movement in those matchups just got a few more hiccups to them.

ando1184

Noob
I'd say 6-4 at most, but it shouldn't be a blow up like that. GA's got the tools needed to get in on Sinestro. What happened at TFC looked like lack of MU knowledge.
I can agree with that but I'm no gonna state anything until I get MU knowledge myself. Since Sinestro isn't the most popular of characters, we don't see em as much and I definitely haven't fought a good one before.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I can agree with that but I'm no gonna state anything until I get MU knowledge myself. Since Sinestro isn't the most popular of characters, we don't see em as much and I definitely haven't fought a good one before.
I've been seeing a lot of Sinestro players pop up recently, and it's a frustrating match for GA, but he's definitely got worse MU's. But, I'll let you decide on that when you get the experience. Trait is what kills GA in the match. Without that, it'd be even imo.

Reactions: 7L

ando1184

Noob
I've been seeing a lot of Sinestro players pop up recently, and it's a frustrating match for GA, but he's definitely got worse MU's. But, I'll let you decide on that when you get the experience. Trait is what kills GA in the match. Without that, it'd be even imo.
Good to know, thanks

Scoot Magee

I just got ass raped by Woundcowboys Sinestro. The match is totally fucked up imo. After losing about 15 games in a row I just tried to stay mid range but GA's walk speed is way too slow for Sinestro. I'm not sure if it was because of delay but I couldn't block b13 (has a ton of range but is -9) on reaction so I would get hit by it a lot and knocked across the screen to deal with hell.

I never got beat that bad to the point where if I took 1 bar it was better than normal. Totally fucked up match imo
, at least as of now. Maybe when his low arrow stance doesn't get hit by high shit it will help him against sinestro mid screen.

Lol I don't even want to talk about the trait.

Reactions: 7L

7L

Heads up!
I just got ass raped by Woundcowboys Sinestro. The match is totally fucked up imo. After losing about 15 games in a row I just tried to stay mid range but GA's walk speed is way too slow for Sinestro. I'm not sure if it was because of delay but I couldn't block b13 (has a ton of range but is -9) on reaction so I would get hit by it a lot and knocked across the screen to deal with hell.

I never got beat that bad to the point where if I took 1 bar it was better than normal. Totally fucked up match imo
, at least as of now. Maybe when his low arrow stance doesn't get hit by high shit it will help him against sinestro mid screen.

You felt my pain in top 8...We know the meaning of fear...

7L

Heads up!
Wound plays much different than other sinestro's i've played. He was completely in my head lol.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

I still think this is a 4-6. It's def kinda like doomsday though were online is even more fucked.

I abuse the fuck outta J3 as it seems to stuff lots shit he can do, . Lotsa dashing to get in if he doesn't have trait up. Knowing when you can safetly dash and when you can't is key. His best wake up is the spider thing, and lots of them like to jump away and pull that damn axe up (jump 3 stops them from doing this shit). I haven't played a good one in awhile, but it's a match up I think we should all keep talking about.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I still think this is a 4-6. It's def kinda like doomsday though were online is even more fucked.

I abuse the fuck outta J3 as it seems to stuff lots shit he can do, . Lotsa dashing to get in if he doesn't have trait up. Knowing when you can safetly dash and when you can't is key. His best wake up is the spider thing, and lots of them like to jump away and pull that damn axe up (jump 3 stops them from doing this shit). I haven't played a good one in awhile, but it's a match up I think we should all keep talking about.
Yes, baiting that spider wake up is key. That's usually how I end up landing an ice arrow. And after taking a few of those, they'll be discouraged from using it. And as you said, that axe jump is easily read and punished with J3.

I feel like this is a MU where GA needs to play a lot more aggressively. But, once trait is out...good luck.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yes, baiting that spider wake up is key. That's usually how I end up landing an ice arrow. And after taking a few of those, they'll be discouraged from using it. And as you said, that axe jump is easily read and punished with J3.

I feel like this is a MU where GA needs to play a lot more aggressively. But, once trait is out...good luck.
Yah no doubt, once he gets it out then it's almost like you are on hold lol. Sometimes I just do random ass shit to try get them to waste it, and not let them lock me down with it. Kinda like, try to not let them play there game when they got it out, cause they are honestly going to do whatever the fuck they want anyways, so try and make it so they can't get big damage off you with it, or into a looped up fucked up full screen ball situation.

Honestly though, they have to be pretty careful charging it to me, cause the second I see them charge I'm dashing in, and we cover a fuck load of space super fast with 2 forward dashes. being baited into shackles can suck balls though lol.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Yah no doubt, once he gets it out then it's almost like you are on hold lol. Sometimes I just do random ass shit to try get them to waste it, and not let them lock me down with it. Kinda like, try to not let them play there game when they got it out, cause they are honestly going to do whatever the fuck they want anyways, so try and make it so they can't get big damage off you with it, or into a looped up fucked up full screen ball situation.

Honestly though, they have to be pretty careful charging it to me, cause the second I see them charge I'm dashing in, and we cover a fuck load of space super fast with 2 forward dashes. being baited into shackles can suck balls though lol.
Yeah, that happens to me A LOT when I get too dash happy. lol

ando1184

Noob
So how do you guys feel about the raven matchup post patch? As of right now it seems to be in her favor IMO since getting in is so hard

Scoot Magee

So how do you guys feel about the raven matchup post patch? As of right now it seems to be in her favor IMO since getting in is so hard
Right now I think it's even. Post patch it might go in arrows favor. I don't think arrows changes will affect the full screen game much because I believe her projectiles are mid, even if they aren't she has the one grab projectile that tracks. Up close he will have more though.

Scoot Magee

Right now I think it's even. Post patch it might go in arrows favor. I don't think arrows changes will affect the full screen game much because I believe her projectiles are mid, even if they aren't she has the one grab projectile that tracks. Up close he will have more though.
This is wrong.

Ravens normal projectile is high. This will allow post patch GA get an arrow on screen while Raven shoots her normal projectile. This will allow GA to dash in without the risk of eating her grab projectile that leads to full combo. Not having to respect that at times will be pretty huge.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Her projectiles are high. The match up will definitely change because of this. You kan also slide under projectiles so that Stinger buff will help if it works properly as it allows you to get in with frame advantage for a mix up.

Status
Not open for further replies.