What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

a set with Nick Cymru (Aquaman) absolutely hate this match up, was very hard work. give it a watch and critique away

Great set, loved watching it. Love that b2, 3, stinger string, gonna try and incorporate that into my playstyle. Had two questions:

-Any idea why he didn't wake up on you more? I feel like players who don't make arrow respect their wakeup options are kind of asking to get blown up by his pressure.

-Why no super reset?

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Me and Nick have played a few times in tournament so i think he knows not to wake up, plus i would rather not pressure on wake up too much, if i know he will wake up more i will just savage blast and get a free arrow shot. He probably should have woken up in the corner i was pretty relentless with the pressure and he would have caught me :)

No super reset because i felt like i could spend the meter on something a bit more efficient, like stinger MB in the corner seems to crank that damage up nicely. Plus im starting to use savage blast MB a bit more to set up zoning. Maybe not so much vs aquaman but its part of my game now.

Also i try not to rely on d1 xx ice arrow too much as its so easily punished by players who know its coming(its taken a while for players to defend it) I had trouble freezing him so didnt want to rely on a reset to win the game.

Eric Z19

jonogunn

Noob
I agree that that b23 xx MB Stinger is awesome. It's a good high low mix up that most people won't expect! Gonna try it. I hardly use stinger.

Question. Do you guys play with standard controls or alternate?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I agree that that b23 xx MB Stinger is awesome. It's a good high low mix up that most people won't expect! Gonna try it. I hardly use stinger.

Question. Do you guys play with standard controls or alternate?
I used to use Alternate but it doesn't allow you to wake up with slide off of certain knockdowns that pick you up quickly.

jonogunn

Noob
I used to use Alternate but it doesn't allow you to wake up with slide off of certain knockdowns that pick you up quickly.
I do too. I also notice that doing a slide off wake up is difficult. I almost always mess it up and cost me the match.

Hell sometimes just trying to do it normally while under pressure is hard.

It's nice that they include the sf style controls but I also wish they included the shortcut controls that we were all spoiled with in sf4 :p

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I do too. I also notice that doing a slide off wake up is difficult. I almost always mess it up and cost me the match.

Hell sometimes just trying to do it normally while under pressure is hard.

It's nice that they include the sf style controls but I also wish they included the shortcut controls that we were all spoiled with in sf4 :p

That's what I meant. Doing the slide is harder to do after knockdowns that pick you up quickly (ie: on wake up)..

I wouldn't slide when being attacked... Pressure in this game doesn't really bugg me. I don't ever really feel pressured in traditional sense.

I would prefer the ability to switch half circles to BF.

ando1184

Noob
I'm glad you agree because this is one of the most even matchups in the game imo.
Well, the reason I say it's 5-5 is because they both have good OH/low mix up options that require fuzzy guarding. Arrows zoning is just as good, if not better than GL when he doesn't have trait activated. They both have punishable wakeup options and GL does slightly better DMG combos off of 1 meter. It really can go in either one's favor in this match up. This match up is very balanced IMO.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Well, the reason I say it's 5-5 is because they both have good OH/low mix up options that require fuzzy guarding. Arrows zoning is just as good, if not better than GL when he doesn't have trait activated. They both have punishable wakeup options and GL does slightly better DMG combos off of 1 meter. It really can go in either one's favor in this match up. This match up is very balanced IMO.
yeah they can both lame each other out or go on the offense etc. I 1000% agree on it being a balanced even mu.

ando1184

Noob
Does anyone know how to blow up MMH's overhead teleport as GA? I've tried back dashing, forward dashing, MB b3, but none of this works.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Does anyone know how to blow up MMH's overhead teleport as GA? I've tried back dashing, forward dashing, MB b3, but none of this works.

MB B3 but hold it. Or walk forward and make him kross you up...

You kan also J3 him out of it. And I haven't tried it but I'm sure Sky Alert will get him.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Anyone think we'll get a trait buff? I keep feeling F2D13 is gonna get another nerf for some reason ...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Anyone think we'll get a trait buff? I keep feeling F2D13 is gonna get another nerf for some reason ...

No, and no..

I'm very pessimistic when it komes to Arrow. I have a feeling they'll give us buffs that don't really change anything and then people will say that he got buffed so why is he not good, etc...

The one buff I'm pretty sure we're going to get is the crouching arrow but that's because it's a fix. He was originally supposed to be crouching in the first place.

shaowebb

No, and no..

I'm very pessimistic when it komes to Arrow. I have a feeling they'll give us buffs that don't really change anything and then people will say that he got buffed so why is he not good, etc...

The one buff I'm pretty sure we're going to get is the crouching arrow but that's because it's a fix. He was originally supposed to be crouching in the first place.
I can see this. I only brought up the F2d13 because its comically been nerfed every time. NRS has seemed to treat Green Arrow as their poster child for "fine as is. Just fix infinites and things that are not working properly". He doesn't get touched much at all by them. I'd like to see him on the random as shit buff train because I like seeing him go crazy. I just dont think he'll get anything and thats what makes me wonder if all these buffs and changes to others may adversely effect him in some way. Who knows...it might buff him if certain other stuff changes in the game. We just dont know how its gonna go yet.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I can see this. I only brought up the F2d13 because its comically been nerfed every time. NRS has seemed to treat Green Arrow as their poster child for "fine as is. Just fix infinites and things that are not working properly". He doesn't get touched much at all by them. I'd like to see him on the random as shit buff train because I like seeing him go crazy. I just dont think he'll get anything and thats what makes me wonder if all these buffs and changes to others may adversely effect him in some way. Who knows...it might buff him if certain other stuff changes in the game. We just dont know how its gonna go yet.

Yeah.. He'll probably end up low tier after the low tiers get buffed.

That's why, as I've said on other threads, I'm not looking forward to the patch.

I just prefer not to think about Arrow anymore. I accept this thing I kannot change.

shaowebb

Suddenly out of nowhere Green Arrow gains the ability to cancel moves into 4 and gains a charged version of 4 that breaks armor. Zero buster cancels from hell.

Yeah this character is fucked lol. Dude's gonna need a few perks to stay in there if certain folks get buff crazy.

ando1184

Noob
what do you guys say is the Aquaman match up ? and reasons
I say either 4-6 or 3-7 because aquaman's trait hinders freeze arrow and his water shield eliminates effective zoning against him. Also after a successful block from aquaman's ground trident, GA's arrows can't punish it from 3/4 to full screen because of the long time it takes to draw and shoot. Jumping in with jmp3 gets beat a lot by d2 as well and sometimes the cross over version does too. Aquaman can bait GA's wakeups and full combo punish with MB b3's and ground trident into full combos if you savage blast. This is a tough MU for GA altogether but nobody's unbeatable. You just have to play this MU smart and be patient.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I say either 4-6 or 3-7 because aquaman's trait hinders freeze arrow and his water shield eliminates effective zoning against him. Also after a successful block from aquaman's ground trident, GA's arrows can't punish it from 3/4 to full screen because of the long time it takes to draw and shoot. Jumping in with jmp3 gets beat a lot by d2 as well and sometimes the cross over version does too. Aquaman can bait GA's wakeups and full combo punish with MB b3's and ground trident into full combos if you savage blast. This is a tough MU for GA altogether but nobody's unbeatable. You just have to play this MU smart and be patient.
I actually play Aquaman, i was just wondering for other opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.