What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So does the hell spark always do three fireballs from the ground up? When the opponent is blocking, do the fireballs push back? If not, this move seems very unsafe on paper. Also, I assume there is no full screen version, right?

Also, is the bone flick in the third variation a full screen attack?
On block, spark pushes back and if you MB once spark, the rest do actually come out but if they hit they don't.

The hand flick tracks.

That's 7.

Block
Stance Switch
Interact
Throw

IIRC, you can map interact, stance switch and throw into 2 buttons each.
Isn't throw defaulted to 1+3 as well? Also, is the block button still the button used for Enhanced/Meter Burn/X-Ray attacks?

Repulsar

Noob
I played some games today with Qwark. After about 30 games that i lost :p, i have to say that Grandmaster seems a better rushdown variation than cryomancer :D We played Cryo vs Grandmaster on all of the matches and corner pressure of grandmaster was very potent. I was loosing tons of punishes but still Qwark is a far better player than me. I was having a hard time getting in...just my thoughts on the match up.

Also netcode seems pretty good when connections are smooth. We had some hickups but i think that it was our fault.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I played some games today with Qwark. After about 30 games that i lost :p, i have to say that Grandmaster seems a better rushdown variation than cryomancer :D We played Cryo vs Grandmaster on all of the matches and corner pressure of grandmaster was very potent. I was loosing tons of punishes but still Qwark is a far better player than me. I was having a hard time getting in...just my thoughts on the match up.

Also netcode seems pretty good when connections are smooth. We had some hickups but i think that it was our fault.
Yes, worth noting that my connection got extremely slow a few hours before we played, haven't reset my modem in a week.

Rafiki

Noob
sorry for the terrible quality, whenever i try uploading to youtube from my ps4 all i get is a message saying "captures that cannot be used with this feature are selected"
Don't worry about that, thank you for posting it! especially the inputs. Have you found that you can safely set up clones the way you did in MK9? (in other words, block strings that end with clone?), or do you have to approach it completely differently?

Repulsar

Noob
Don't worry about that, thank you for posting it! especially the inputs. Have you found that you can safely set up clones the way you did in MK9? (in other words, block strings that end with clone?), or do you have to approach it completely differently?
You can end block strings with klone...just like in MK9.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
If the opponent reads that you'll cancel into Clone, they may punish your attempt.
The possibility and the punish itself will depend on the character.

If you saw Pig's recent stream with LotF, we saw Sub actually get hit with the Spirit Charge while attempting to cancel a safe blockstring~Clone.

Repulsar

Noob
@Qwark28 @Repulsar have either of you two found a 31% meterless midscreen for all variants of SubZero?
I cant find anything better than the one that you do in your video. To be honest im kinda disappointed with the damage numbers i can get so far. Ofc when more people get the game on their hands, better combos will be found.

Roob

CryoMaster

i found a way to upload guys, heres the best corner an midscreen combos i can come up with
i put in an overhead starter, low and mid for the corner

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I cant find anything better than the one that you do in your video. To be honest im kinda disappointed with the damage numbers i can get so far. Ofc when more people get the game on their hands, better combos will be found.
Combo numbers for no bar/1 bar are just less than that of MK9 and Injustice. Even Pig has only come up with 37-40% for 1 bar. If anyone wants more than 40%, it's gonna have to be a 2 bar combo.

Roob

CryoMaster
1,2, klone
f3,3 klone
1,2,3 klone
f4,2, klone

you can end all these with klone, am i missing something ?
f3,3 klone and f4,2 klone work great for the corner also with b3,3 klone
the 1,2,3's klone didnt come out in the corner but it does midscreen
thanks a bunch

Repulsar

Noob
f3,3 klone and f4,2 klone work great for the corner also with b3,3 klone
the 1,2,3's klone didnt come out in the corner but it does midscreen
thanks a bunch
np man, i thought that you were talking in general not corner specific my bad.

Rafiki

Noob

i found a way to upload guys, heres the best corner an midscreen combos i can come up with
i put in an overhead starter, low and mid for the corner
Thank you sooooo much for posting these videos! I really appreciate it. A few questions for you:

Is that low starter back 33? and does it connect to regular ice ball midscreen?
What frame advantage are you at when you hit F42 1+3 in cryomancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.