What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Noob
You can throw an ice ball from behind your clone. In the Subzero pre release discussion thread, someone just posted a couple gameplays that show the ability to do so.

Roob

CryoMaster
(From Repulsar on the previous page .-.)
Damn i just noticed something for Grandmaster variation. If you make a klone and then use ice burst on it you break the clone and the pieces that shatter away are damaging the opponent from a solid distance!

EDIT: 12% damage btw
EDIT 2: You can create a very good amount of pressure with this. You can cancel a string into ice klone and then break it from upclose if the opponent tries to counter attack.
thats for ICE BURST not ICE BALL
Is it possible to throw ice balls from behind your own klone? will they continue past your own klone?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
thats for ICE BURST not ICE BALL
Apologies, I hate how MK changes wording on ex specials, and I don't have them memorized at all. Would be so much easier if it was just called ex ice ball .-.
Same thing with spirit push and spirit charge like cmon nrs.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Damn i just noticed something for Grandmaster variation. If you make a klone and then use ice burst on it you break the clone and the pieces that shatter away are damaging the opponent from a solid distance!

EDIT: 12% damage btw
EDIT 2: You can create a very good amount of pressure with this. You can cancel a string into ice klone and then break it from upclose if the opponent tries to counter attack.
Is this + on block? Can you get at least an estimate using the jumping method in the lab?

Roob

CryoMaster
So is there or is there not some sort of block breakers or push block or alpha counters are whatever it's called?
No but unlike street fighter and some other games, you receive chip on normals so you cant block forever

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
After the stream, I'm concerned Jaqui's machinegun is the new deathstroke.
What's the frame on that? How can you get in with people spamming it? Do you have time to dashduck like injustice? Doesn't seem jumpable, can you jump it?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
After the stream, I'm concerned Jaqui's machinegun is the new deathstroke.
What's the frame on that? How can you get in with people spamming it? Do you have time to dashduck like injustice? Doesn't seem jumpable, can you jump it?
Was worried, but most of the characters I plan to play have a teleport l0l

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Not sure if this been asked already but can someone tell me how punishable is raiden and kung laos teleport? I got a feeling theres going to be a lot of teleporting with these two.
raidens is a lot, kung laos is very obvious form the startup. raidens ex is not punishable.
Sweet, that could be rendered useful for executing a higher dmg combo that has better potential of pushing your opponent to the corner, or even just repositioning if youre the one closest to a corner.

Im skeptical now about using his xray at all since imo its not as great as it was in mk9, I'd rather save my meter for breaker or an ex slide or ice ball.

Especially ex ice ball since that will be the greatest tool for getting in on zoners or using its armor in a bait set up to pull off some dmg
Xray should be used to end a round, not thrown whenever at full bars. ex iceball doesnt do anything to help you get in, its just throwing a bar of meter if you think your opps gonna throw something.
could you please list the full frame data for the cut throat blade slice? Thank you.
19 start 4 act 23 reco -8 blk +10 hit 0 cancel
ex same but launches

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@Qwark28 is ice-ball limited to use once per single combo like in MK9? Or you can iceball ur opponent, start hitting him and then iceball him again?

Status
Not open for further replies.