What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roob

CryoMaster
Thank you sooooo much for posting these videos! I really appreciate it. A few questions for you:

Is that low starter back 33? and does it connect to regular ice ball midscreen?
What frame advantage are you at when you hit F42 1+3 in cryomancer?
not a problem man
and the answer is no it doesn't :[ only in the corners
F42 1+3 in cryomancer is -10 on block and 0 on hit

i forgot to add that the low starter is indeed back 33 and only connect to normal ice ball in corners

Rafiki

Noob
not a problem man
and the answer is no it doesn't :[ only in the corners
F42 1+3 in cryomancer is -10 on block and 0 on hit

i forgot to add that the low starter is indeed back 33 and only connect to normal ice ball in corners
Perfect, thank you! two more for you (for now), what is his fastest normal and what's the fastet normal he has that hits crouchers?

Roob

CryoMaster
Perfect, thank you! two more for you (for now), what is his fastest normal and what's the fastet normal he has that hits crouchers?
fastest standing normal is his 1 at 6 frames start up
and his fastest standing mid normal is his f3 at 8 frames start up and -4 on block

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
For future questions, any frame data related questions can be searched via the search function. Been re-posting the same stuff for the last 10 pages.
1,2, klone
f3,3 klone
1,2,3 klone
f4,2, klone

you can end all these with klone, am i missing something ?
sorry for the terrible quality, whenever i try uploading to youtube from my ps4 all i get is a message saying "captures that cannot be used with this feature are selected"
f3,3 klone and f4,2 klone work great for the corner also with b3,3 klone
the 1,2,3's klone didnt come out in the corner but it does midscreen
thanks a bunch
Any string that isn't F4 clone can be armoured through if your EX is fast enough.

F42 ex clone is also a true blockstring.

@Qwark28 I think I have read everything you have posted about Shinnok and I have some questions:
so standing one is 8frames start up and -1 on block? D1 is -8 on block?
His shoulder breaks armor??? Really!??? Does it have a quality to break armor or is it just because of a multihit?!? What is Ex Shoulder on block????
And I also wonder about Impostor a lot: can he do an Ex Mimicry? If yes what does it do? And can he Ex /MB the stolen moves?????? Thank you

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I played some games today with Qwark. After about 30 games that i lost :p, i have to say that Grandmaster seems a better rushdown variation than cryomancer :D We played Cryo vs Grandmaster on all of the matches and corner pressure of grandmaster was very potent. I was loosing tons of punishes but still Qwark is a far better player than me. I was having a hard time getting in...just my thoughts on the match up.

Also netcode seems pretty good when connections are smooth. We had some hickups but i think that it was our fault.
I have to ask. Is this because of familiarity of the way most play sub or is it that specific variation is more requited for just as much offense as well as defense in your matches? What sort or characters you played against. I really want to know because I think the same could be said about Commando Kano.

i found a way to upload guys, heres the best corner an midscreen combos i can come up with
i put in an overhead starter, low and mid for the corner
Can you then use meter to command grab? To keep them in the corner. Further punish if possible.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I have to ask. Is this because of familiarity of the way most play sub or is it that specific variation is more requited for just as much offense as well as defense in your matches? What sort or characters you played against. I really want to know because I think the same could be said about Commando Kano.

Can you then use meter to command grab? To keep them in the corner. Further punish if possible.
The "better rushdown variation" part applies to this specific variation matchup. A clone is much more potent in the mirror than anything Cryomancer has and it's the best variation to play the mirror in.

EX throw is almost useless in that situation.

villainous monk

The "better rushdown variation" part applies to this specific variation matchup. A clone is much more potent in the mirror than anything Cryomancer has and it's the best variation to play the mirror in.

EX throw is almost useless in that situation.
Ok. Might be a stupid question but I have to understand. So with all of Sub's variations you are still playing the turtle game? Because the way I was thinking he broke out of that mold in Cyro but it seems I am wrong. Is the clone in all variations?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok. Might be a stupid question but I have to understand. So with all of Sub's variations you are still playing the turtle game? Because the way I was thinking he broke out of that mold in Cyro but it seems I am wrong. Is the clone in all variations?
Clone is grandmaster exclusive.

Unbreakable chases heavy zoners with aura, Cryomancer rushes down certain chars and Grandmaster lames out/corner traps the rest.

villainous monk

Clone is grandmaster exclusive.

Unbreakable chases heavy zoners with aura, Cryomancer rushes down certain chars and Grandmaster lames out/corner traps the rest.
Argh!!! *faceplam* *deep sigh* OK. I usually play my sub with a alot of rush. I like the clone. Greatest thing since MK3. If you can. tell me how you find this sub in this game with 3 differnt variations of him if you can. Oh and if it fits the variation that the game play is for like for example. Grandmaster is exelecnt rushing variation over Cyro when dealing with projetiles or tele's. Please if you can. Thank you for going ham on all the info. From page 1 to 39. Thank you.

I. I cant wait till Tuesday.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Argh!!! *faceplam* *deep sigh* OK. I usually play my sub with a alot of rush. I like the clone. Greatest thing since MK3. If you can. tell me how you find this sub in this game with 3 differnt variations of him if you can. Oh and if it fits the variation that the game play is for like for example. Grandmaster is exelecnt rushing variation over Cyro when dealing with projetiles or tele's. Please if you can. Thank you for going ham on all the info. From page 1 to 39. Thank you.

I. I cant wait till Tuesday.
I've been answering questions for the last days all day long, I have barely played any variation long enough to know more than the basics and definitely haven't played vs a proper player considering it's the middle of the holidays and pre release.

@Qwark28 I think I have read everything you have posted about Shinnok and I have some questions:
so standing one is 8frames start up and -1 on block? D1 is -8 on block?
His shoulder breaks armor??? Really!??? Does it have a quality to break armor or is it just because of a multihit?!? What is Ex Shoulder on block????
And I also wonder about Impostor a lot: can he do an Ex Mimicry? If yes what does it do? And can he Ex /MB the stolen moves?????? Thank you
@Qwark28 come on!!! please !!!!!!!throw Shinnok forums a BONE:/

villainous monk

I've been answering questions for the last days all day long, I have barely played any variation long enough to know more than the basics and definitely haven't played vs a proper player considering it's the middle of the holidays and pre release.
I know. It's a bit much and i do appreciate everything you and everyone else as done.

I can wait a few more days. Thanks though. I'm just really excited to play this game. You should take the time and enjoy the game for a while no?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...

i found a way to upload guys, heres the best corner an midscreen combos i can come up with
i put in an overhead starter, low and mid for the corner
you can end combos with 1 into b12 slide for 1% more damage

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Is there anyone else who doesn't have this game yet? This game still comes out on Tuesday, right? Holy Fuck.

(so jealous)

Last edited:

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Better hard knockdown and for more frames. There are setups afterwards.
i dont understand what you trying to say. all i said is subtitute the jab into 123 slide in the corner combo with b21 slide. does 1% more. has nothing to do with set ups lol

Status
Not open for further replies.