What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for checking out all these things, you are awesome :)

Any chance you can check how much Lio Kang's buff in FLAME FIST variation adds to his damage?

I m not sure if it was done before but :

From checking on sub-xero i came up with this :

Jip--b12~freeze..( walk back a bit ) jip--242-- run ~ f42~throw "" 30% except in grand master 34% ( i have no idea why )

Repulsar

Noob
Damn i just noticed something for Grandmaster variation. If you make a klone and then use ice burst on it you break the clone and the pieces that shatter away are damaging the opponent from a solid distance!

EDIT: 12% damage btw
EDIT 2: You can create a very good amount of pressure with this. You can cancel a string into ice klone and then break it from upclose if the opponent tries to counter attack.

Last edited:

Roob

CryoMaster
Damn i just noticed something for Grandmaster variation. If you make a klone and then use ice burst on it you break the clone and the pieces that shatter away are damaging the opponent from a solid distance!

could this be considered useful in the corner rather than keeping the klone an using it to safely 50/50, or chip away at your opponent till the klone breaks, then combo into another klone?

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
one more thing, regarding Sub's x-ray,
how far is the distance it covered? Is it as far as MK9 Sub's x-ray?
Also does it have armor?

Thanks again:D

Repulsar

Noob
could this be considered useful in the corner rather than keeping the klone an using it to safely 50/50, or chip away at your opponent till the klone breaks, then combo into another klone?
For sure Roob...man i thought that Cryo was my best variation so far but damn...dat Grandmaster!

Roob

CryoMaster

EDIT 2: You can create a very good amount of pressure with this. You can cancel a string into ice klone and then break it from upclose if the opponent tries to counter attack.
What are some potential counters after an ice klone (correct me if im wrong) if they cannot jump over or projectile through a klone?

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
His x-ray is not like MK9. Its for up close...it has about 1 character space distance and it has armor, but you dont slide forward like MK9
still alright, it's a parry that can be delayed and used as a close contact x-ray,
kinda hoping it can travel far forward like the old x-ray

Roob

CryoMaster
one more thing, regarding Sub's x-ray,
how far is the distance it covered? Is it as far as MK9 Sub's x-ray?
Also does it have armor?

Thanks again:D
SubZero's xray in mk9 was the best xray imo, the range and speed on it seems far less in mkx.

From what i read it can be used as a parry, while holding it, to freeze your opponent which confirms youll land the execution.

but if the xrays can be canceled like in mk9 the moment youve frozen your opponent could set you up for a higher dmg combo, only down fall will be that they can break, while in a xray they cant

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
SubZero's xray in mk9 was the best xray imo, the range and speed on it seems far less in mkx.

From what i read it can be used as a parry, while holding it, to freeze your opponent which confirms youll land the execution.

but if the xrays can be canceled like in mk9 the moment youve frozen your opponent could set you up for a higher dmg combo, only down fall will be that they can break, while in a xray they cant
It can be canceled after the freeze for a combo

Status
Not open for further replies.