What's new

Match Footage - Goro Goro Battle Footage

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Playlist of my best Goro matches so far! I even got some people to rage!

That first Quan Chi video is excellent. Guy dodged the jump move just fine at the start and then for some reason forget how to dash and tried jumping instead. He was getting so mad haha and those nasty brutalities! Love it. Hilarious stuff, thanks for sharing.

regulas

Your Emporer
Liked the Shin in that last one.

RawDeals use of low Fireball is something that was also very well done.

A general thing I notice for a lot of people though is very limited use of the command grab, and very limited use of EX punchwalk.

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!
@ThaRawDeal, that guy was so SALTY!! I get that all the time with my Dragonfang Goro! I just think well if I use the same stuff why aren't you learning from it and adapt?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Set I played with my friend. Neither of us is great at the game yet, but we're learning. I'm trying out TF here, and I'm really feeling the FB traps. I've got more uploading now.

Last edited:
http://www.twitch.tv/zaelock/b/661959166

Battle footage of my Goro on our recent GDA tourney. Unfortunately i used him only once against D'vorah as i still dont feel entirely confortable against Raiden and KL, especially KL.

Match starts at 26:00.
that was pretty nice :D i think you went to GP too often in the first round but that second round was pretty free.
You delt with the adpatation well in the second game too, the third round in the corner was pretty godlike.

Thought id throw my own battle footage in :)
Not a great game, and im already super salty at this point haha but i wouldnt mind a critique :)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
that was pretty nice :D i think you went to GP too often in the first round but that second round was pretty free.
You delt with the adpatation well in the second game too, the third round in the corner was pretty godlike.
Yeah i used often gp cause i wanted D'vorah to commit into jumping. Plus gp completely shuts down her low bug projectile.

Set I had last night vs some decent Johnny cage player. There were more matches before this but PS4 only recorded 15 minutes.

Been lurking here a while. First post! I main Goro exclusively.

Set I had last night vs some decent Johnny cage player. There were more matches before this but PS4 only recorded 15 minutes.

Been lurking here a while. First post! I main Goro exclusively.
Hitting that b1, 2, u2 combo after the enhanced punchwalk seems tough. Is there a trick to timing it?

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Playlist of my best Goro matches so far! I even got some people to rage!

my advice would be start using the Flame Breath pressure even on block it leaves you at + 12 which gives you plenty of time for his mix ups including his command grab

Fermbiz

Noob
Some of my battle footage from last night and this morning. Trying to improve.

This is one hell of a fight against Kenshi. Hes tough, I was trying my best to get in. I thought I did pretty damn good.

Last edited:

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
You should do less raw punch walks and, instead, cancel it from your normals. That way you give the opponent another mixup to think about in d.1/d.3 PW , d.1/d.3 command grab or d.1/d.3 hit confirm into b.21u.2 if you're close or 21 if you're far.

Something I've figured out is when ppl try to jump over you constantly like that Sub was doing, just EX stomp. They have to wait until they're pretty deep to press a button or it'll whiff, so you have enough time to react and punish.

Last, you should be using f.3 and d.4 more. They're really good pokes and f.3 combos on hit into PW and is also a very good meaty.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
D1 a lot. Best advice for dragon fang. When in corner, db2 over punchwalk. I like 212 a lot in fangs, but it's up to you whether that's worth spamming

Decay

King of the Bill
If you watch my streams or watch 8 on the break tournaments you probably know already I picked up Goro. Here's a fun set against RM Cloud where I think I did really well in a matchup that even the commentators though I would get bodied in.
I almost made winners finals but lost to tanya 2 to 1. I also beat Riyo's shinnok and kitanna offstream using the shokan Prince.
Check the goro hate at the beginning of this match and watch it pan out ;)

Decay

King of the Bill
@Decay out of curiosity, did you fight any decent Kung Laos?
last week, I fighfought cdjr's KL and it was a close match, lost 2to1 in the match. I immediately switched to Kano however, because I wasnt as comfortable with Goro then. Now I would have stayed Goro but to answer your question, yes. It's not easy lol. He just jumps all over Goro

haketh

Noob
last week, I fighfought cdjr's KL and it was a close match, lost 2to1 in the match. I immediately switched to Kano however, because I wasnt as comfortable with Goro then. Now I would have stayed Goro but to answer your question, yes. It's not easy lol. He just jumps all over Goro
I'm still trying to figure out who I'm more comfortable with in this MU Reptile or Goro.