What's new

Match Footage - Goro Goro Battle Footage

Espio

Kokomo
With the game's release looming, I think it's time to make this. This thread will be for posting Goro match up footage from offline and online matches, I'm super curious to see how the character evolves from start to finish. I will be keeping this up to date as much as I can.

REO

Fermbiz

Espio
Corzz 1

Corzz 2

Corzz 3

Corzz 4

Clark Luthor 1

Clark Luthor 2

Clark Luthor 3

Theo 1

Theo 2

Theo 3

Theo 4

AOK Ryan 1

AOK Ryan 2

McDrizzle 2 (Goro at the beginning)

Ruff321

Last edited:

Fermbiz

Noob
I have footage of my Goro play from this weekend. Im no expert by any means, still learning.

Heres a play list:

Also, please excuse the missing sounds. I have a 5.1 set up, my capture only gets 2.1 :(

Fermbiz

Noob
Here is some battle footage. Yesterday was pretty much first time in sat down and play online with randoms. Never seen so much hate before...

MK Salt 2:

This one is my fav against Ferra/Torr:

MK salt 3:

ruff321

Noob

This is TF Goro vs Bojutsu KJ. I lost the first 6 matches because I initially picked KW variation against Kung Jin. I then switched to Tigrar Fury and it was a world of difference.

Some notes:
At the beginning of the match I like to do D4 then punchwalk since the range on that D4 is absurd, not to mention it's a low.

In this variation KJ has limited options against Goro's fireballs. He will most likely try to get in using his "flying grayson" move which you can punish with the reversal 7f command grab or other fast punishes. I believe his EN version is also unsafe as well.

He has a low starter and I believe he has an overhead starter as well and one of his specials where he swings his staff the last hit is an overhead which is easy to react to.

At 209 I started doing some TF midscreen pressure.

I should REALLY stop throwing out punchwalks like that. It's definitely one of my flaws as a goro player. This is only Day 2 TF so it'll take me a while before I familarize myself with the variation.

What are some ways you guys are utilizing the low fireball? It's one of my least used move and I should use it more often

Espio

Kokomo
@ruff321 I like your pressure and I personally feel like Tigrar Fury seems to be very effective against Bojutsu so far. A bettter full screen presence helps more than o e would think.

I have some Goro versus Kung Jin footage from a fairly decent length set if interested.

Also, @CoRzz Jin <3

P1

P2

P3

P4

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
@ruff321 I like your pressure and I personally feel like Tigrar Fury seems to be very effective against Bojutsu so far. A bettter full screen presence helps more than o e would think.

I have some Goro versus Kung Jin footage from a fairly decent length set if interested.

Also, @CoRzz Jin <3

P1

P2

P3

P4

We need to get some Goro Mirrors in.

ruff321

Noob
@Espio Was the D1 into low fireball accidental? For some reason when I try to do D1 into punchwalk half of the time I get punchwalk and other half I got the low fireball.

Regardless those were some good matches!

Espio

Kokomo
We need to get some Goro Mirrors in.
lol at some point, sure. I'm more or less trying to learn and play a variety of character match ups so why not?

@Espio Was the D1 into low fireball accidental? For some reason when I try to do D1 into punchwalk half of the time I get punchwalk and other half I got the low fireball.

Regardless those were some good matches!
I usually never have issues with down 1 punch walk versus accidental down 1 fireball and I think I did that to mess with his head. I like to sometimes do shenanigans after conditioning people to block a certain way. Might just have to slow down your inputs to get more consistency. I had to do that with command grab and now I'm good on that.

People don't wanna block after pokes so I find myself not getting command grab mix ups as much as I would like at least against people I played last night. I got like three in a row on someone today though haha.

Thanks, I have some matches versus Quan Chi and Kung Lao with Goro coming up in the future to upload as I'm gonna try to post something with me versus the whole roster at least. Fighting Quan annoys me to tears though lol.

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
I played some Goro matches earlier, none of my opponents were particularly good, but I'm no pro Goro either.

This was probably the best series

Goro players? Need literally all the Possible tech available? Look no further.. . Check out these videos, I also have more on my channel.

Why you should use Tigrar Fury part1 (50/50)
Why you should use Tigrar Fury part2 (option selects)
Goro 48% universal
Jugglenaut (meterless and fullscreen juggles)
GOROWNED (high damage, spending bars)
Enter the Dragon Fang (Goro variation movie)
Proof the day1 technology was mine

SPY

Noob
Nice matches guys!
But I see that no one punishes moves that leaves opponent at distance on block, like Kung Jin exBoSwing, Kung Lao exSpin, Reptile exSlide etc. Just F3~BF4 for foolproof punish(safe on block, ok damage, no gaps) or else you can use F3~DBF3 for damage(untechable, will wiff if blocked) , F3~FB2(Kuatan var. untechable, good advantage, reverse postions, but unsafe on block; Tigrar var. leaves standing, good advantage on block\hit, but gap on block) or F3~DB2(DragonF var. safe on block, good damage, but techable). Cheers!

SPY

Noob
Goro players? Need literally all the Possible tech available? Look no further.. . Check out these videos, I also have more on my channel.
In first video you cannot 50\50 with 3~exLow FB, it have like 25 frames gap, so opponent just need to stand block 3D3 or just standblock 3 and react to exLow FB, plus 3D3 mid screen combo ability is limited.

In first video you cannot 50\50 with 3~exLow FB, it have like 25 frames gap, so opponent just need to stand block 3D3 or just standblock 3 and react to exLow FB, plus 3D3 mid screen combo ability is limited.
That is very true, if the opponent guesses right and can react fast enough to reversal it can be stuffed, it can be used to somewhat of an advantage though to mix-up your opponent. In some instances you can bait the reversal and reverse a reversal if you read that it is coming.

Reactions: SPY

Espio

Kokomo
This is a set versus Emperor Theo's Scorpion.

I wasn't quite sure how to approach this character, but I think I did okay.

regulas

Your Emporer
@Espio

Havn't gone through everything but two observations, first it does seem that dragon fangs might be more useful against a teleporter like scorpion. While he does have moves to trade with the risk of tele combo looks more then the ranged benefit?

Secondly I've noticed you don't use command grab much (in fact I think you use regular grab far more often). This is particularly notable because it seems a lot of the time you already poke in a tick throw manner just without the link into throw.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Played about a 50 game offline set last night with FourWude (really high rated Scorpion on PSN). He was using Hellfire. Some notes:

1. I don't think Goro gets much out of Tigrar in this MU. Low fireball is decent, but far doesn't really reach well enough to be useful. Scorpion has a gdlk d.4 and he gets really good pressure off of it because he can cancel into his fireball, which he can also cancel. And he's at a lot of advantage when he does it. This makes it sort of hard to play footsies with Goro's long (but slower) pokes like f.3 and st.4 because he just doesn't get many opportunities to throw it out. And this sucks for Tigrar because it makes Flame Breath pretty bad in neutral.

2. His anti-PW tech was to mix in neutral jumps with his blockstrings. Very effective against Tigrar and KW. But with Fangs, you can interchange PW for fang spin and you now have a pretty viable AA that leads to more damage and protects you from that anti-PW tech. So I think there is some merit with fangs. But with essentially the basic moveset, you really have to have your footsie game on point for this variation to be worth it over KW IMO. And I'm just not there yet haha.

3. KW was the most effective I found. In TF and Fangs, Scorps ground teleport is a universal punish against fireballs and stomp. But in KW, he has to start mixing in air teleport to deal with quake. And that opens him up for quake/stomp/fireball mixups. Goro's zoning still isn't too effective full screen, but KW makes Scorps approach to dealing with that zoning a litlle less braindead.

SPY

Noob
Art vs Gwarmy

Me vs Raiden

Me vs Liu Kang and Max

d1 into f3 is not a thing lol I tried to do the grab but due to input error I got f3 instead.
Well played! Nice jip and njp wiff punishers. I noticed you both dropped alot of combos - i think you should go for easier\realible ones for online, but I love yours mid screen corner carry PW combos. Obviously Sabin was unfamiliar with Goro - low blocking 112, not interrupting b12u2, not backdashing\runnig out of random Stomps. That very reasonable that you switched from b12u2 to safe 21 string in Max video.
Keep it up!