What's new

Match Footage - Goro Goro Battle Footage

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Probs wouldn't realistically play this matchup but I need halp! What do against Full Auto Jackie? Sometimes I played impatiently, which I understand is the last thing I want to be doing. All advice is welcome!

First set is Goro, after that you can disregard.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
More match videos! First video contains matches against CSZ, Hellfire Scorp and Assassin Kitana. I'm DF the whole way through.

I was in a talkative mood when I recorded these, so these vids should pretty clearly explain my mentality through the match and the reads I'm making at each point in time.

Second set is ft5 with Dvorah. One of the matches I had to brb during tho, so just skip that one.

Enjoy!

Espio

Kokomo
More match videos! First video contains matches against CSZ, Hellfire Scorp and Assassin Kitana. I'm DF the whole way through.

I was in a talkative mood when I recorded these, so these vids should pretty clearly explain my mentality through the match and the reads I'm making at each point in time.

Second set is ft5 with Dvorah. One of the matches I had to brb during tho, so just skip that one.

Enjoy!

I watched the Goro versus Kitana set in full since that's the dream team for me lol. First of all, I would like to say that you played it extremely well. You were patient for the most part and you capitalized on most of your corner game. I have some feedback though that you may find useful.

Use Back 3 to punish parry, it loses to that normal and you can launch her for full combo for being parry happy. Back 3 is the proper punish for when she parries ex punchwalk. You can get a clean/pristine 19% or you get a throw depending on what you wanna do. For punishing Assassin strike, use 2,1 (fang spin/punchwalk) or Back 3 (punchwalk) as those are your ranged options that are fast enough to do so. You can get a nice 40% combo off 2,1.

I'd also incorporate more plus/stagger strings. I feel like cancelling into punch walk, while it is very good hampers your ability to sustain offense at times. You wanna show people to fear punch walk, but also let them know you've got 2,1 variants and etc. One of Goro's undersold assets is stagger pressure in my opinion. Fun matches, keep it up and hope my advice helps!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I watched the Goro versus Kitana set in full since that's the dream team for me lol. First of all, I would like to say that you played it extremely well. You were patient for the most part and you capitalized on most of your corner game. I have some feedback though that you may find useful.

Use Back 3 to punish parry, it loses to that normal and you can launch her for full combo for being parry happy. Back 3 is the proper punish for when she parries ex punchwalk. You can get a clean/pristine 19% or you get a throw depending on what you wanna do. For punishing Assassin strike, use 2,1 (fang spin/punchwalk) or Back 3 (punchwalk) as those are your ranged options that are fast enough to do so. You can get a nice 40% combo off 2,1.

I'd also incorporate more plus/stagger strings. I feel like cancelling into punch walk, while it is very good hampers your ability to sustain offense at times. You wanna show people to fear punch walk, but also let them know you've got 2,1 variants and etc. One of Goro's undersold assets is stagger pressure in my opinion. Fun matches, keep it up and hope my advice helps!
Punishes are definitely welcome, I was just feeling things out at that point. I typically do play a stronger stagger game, but I was getting comfortable because I understand Castiel fairly well so I typically knew the right times to cancel into PW. To top that off, he wasn't really contesting the blocked punchwalk so I had somewhat free reign to do what I like. I'm definitely integrating b1 into my close up game more at the moment too, since once people respect +2 into 6f d1/3 they tend to hesitate and you can catch them with the delayed mid string if they try to hit buttons. Always got things to work on though so the perspective is much appreciated. Ideally I'll have more similar footage to share soon. I always feel hearing the player communicate their mindset is a more beneficial way to understand their choices and make clear what they do and don't understand rather than no commentary.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S

Oh one more thing to highlight about the stagger situation is that I feel more comfortable abusing low pokes against castiel because he notoriously tries to counter poke with highs. I've been trying to tell him to break the habit but these things take time. So in that regards sometimes I just lean towards the low pokes because they're the more risk free option typically.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Me getting bopped by Foxys Mileena

Starts at 15:34. (Also you might want to lower the volume)
https://www.twitch.tv/evb_gaming/v/54770331

Go easy on me now, I haven't played the game in a week and really haven't played Goro too much when I did play.

But my idea was that Mileena B12 would have a hard time due to reversal PW, since it is 10 frames advancing. Low and behold Foxy being the god that he is adapted on the fly and just learned that D3 after B12 counters EVERY option Goro has.

So GGs @A F0xy Grampa you beat me 50-1. lol I suck

My face the entire set.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Me getting bopped by Foxys Mileena

Starts at 15:34. (Also you might want to lower the volume)
https://www.twitch.tv/evb_gaming/v/54770331

Go easy on me now, I haven't played the game in a week and really haven't played Goro too much when I did play.

But my idea was that Mileena B12 would have a hard time due to reversal PW, since it is 10 frames advancing. Low and behold Foxy being the god that he is adapted on the fly and just learned that D3 after B12 counters EVERY option Goro has.

So GGs @A F0xy Grampa you beat me 50-1. lol I suck

My face the entire set.
Update.

Goro does not counter B12 at all. Goro gets bopped.

If you want honest feedback, it's not the match up at all that is at play here. I watched the Goro/Mileena set and you jumped constantly in a lot of matches from far ranges and all Foxy did was react. If you pick any character to not recklessly jump at, it's Mileena. Goro is not and has never been an air character, he's meant to be played mostly on the ground as that's where his kit shines brightest, there's rarely a need to go airborne unless you have a reason in mind for doing so. When it comes to jumping, armoring or poking, there should always be a reason why you're doing it.

You didn't establish any type of meta at all with Goro. You literally just kept trying to punch walk and do other things that clearly weren't working. It's not that Mileena counters everything, it's that Foxy figured out your gameplan/strategy and adapted whereas you never did so of course it felt like you had minimal control and options.

Why not walk back and whiff punish with forward 3, jump in if you scout a down 3 and catch her in pressure or if there's not significant pushback due to back 1,2 spacing, you can reverse pressure with down 1 or down 4. There were a lot of punchwalks at such far out ranges that there was literally no possible way he couldn't just block on reaction and even full combo punish if he wanted to do that.

When you corner pressured Foxy, he never had to block anything because he just delayed wake up and your 3,down 3 whiffed a lot etc. You didn't seem to really adapt to the fact he was doing that. He also barely woke up in general so you could have used that to frustrate with cihp/pressure and force a situation.

When you haven't played a character in a while, played what I think we would both agree is a more skilled player and didn't play the match up correctly, it's more of a time for reflection, not a time to focus on saying it's the match up. Back 1,2 is the same as it has always been except for now it's -1 and if it's not done at far out ranges, there's not enough pushback for you down 1 or down 4 to not hit. And if it is done with enough pushback for your pokes not to hit, her pokes won't hit either.

In that Goro versus Cyrax set I posted, I outplayed the Cyrax player. It's not the match up being bad for Cyrax and I think we need to be able to make these clear distinctions when we fight someone that it's not necessarily the match up, maybe it's just us or our opponent that are not doing something they should be doing correctly.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
If you want honest feedback, it's not the match up at all that is at play here. I watched the Goro/Mileena set and you jumped constantly in a lot of matches from far ranges and all Foxy did was react. If you pick any character to not recklessly jump at, it's Mileena. Goro is not and has never been an air character, he's meant to be played mostly on the ground as that's where his kit shines brightest, there's rarely a need to go airborne unless you have a reason in mind for doing so. When it comes to jumping, armoring or poking, there should always be a reason why you're doing it.

You didn't establish any type of meta at all with Goro. You literally just kept trying to punch walk and do other things that clearly weren't working. It's not that Mileena counters everything, it's that Foxy figured out your gameplan/strategy and adapted whereas you never did so of course it felt like you had minimal control and options.

Why not walk back and whiff punish with forward 3, jump in if you scout a down 3 and catch her in pressure or if there's not significant pushback due to back 1,2 spacing, you can reverse pressure with down 1 or down 4. There were a lot of punchwalks at such far out ranges that there was literally no possible way he couldn't just block on reaction and even full combo punish if he wanted to do that.

When you corner pressured Foxy, he never had to block anything because he just delayed wake up and your 3,down 3 whiffed a lot etc. You didn't seem to really adapt to the fact he was doing that. He also barely woke up in general so you could have used that to frustrate with cihp/pressure and force a situation.

When you haven't played a character in a while, played what I think we would both agree is a more skilled player and didn't play the match up correctly, it's more of a time for reflection, not a time to focus on saying it's the match up. Back 1,2 is the same as it has always been except for now it's -1 and if it's not done at far out ranges, there's not enough pushback for you down 1 or down 4 to not hit. And if it is done with enough pushback for your pokes not to hit, her pokes won't hit either.

In that Goro versus Cyrax set I posted, I outplayed the Cyrax player. It's not the match up being bad for Cyrax and I think we need to be able to make these clear distinctions when we fight someone that it's not necessarily the match up, maybe it's just us or our opponent that are not doing something they should be doing correctly.

I agree with what you said, alot of it was sloppy play because I really only play one time a week now. So the jumping is apart of that and just some bad footsies by me. Also understanding the range on Mileena B1.

If I were to block a B12 and walk back and try to press F3 I would get beat out, I extend my hit box out and the startup is too slow, either mileena's D3 would go under or her B1 would hit me.

What I mean I guess by saying Goro gets bopped, is that his options against a blocked B12 are very very limited and predictable. Also with Mileena small hitbox, he managed to crouch block and make my D1xCG whiff.

I know I'm not good at this game and Foxy is godlike to say the least (I mean he beat me 50-1) I see my self in this game as a lab person now, not really a fighter. But honestly Mileena D3 is no different than Johnny D4 I'm this particular match up.

So just from what I have seen, and I very well may be wrong, but to me Goro struggles against Mileena. B12 is a problem just like it is for everyone. The D3 can counter all of my viable wakeup options. The Zoning is tough as she recovers quickly.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Probs wouldn't realistically play this matchup but I need halp! What do against Full Auto Jackie? Sometimes I played impatiently, which I understand is the last thing I want to be doing. All advice is welcome!

First set is Goro, after that you can disregard.
Don't be afraid to use meter burn Stomp it is a good Gap closer

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Awesome set man. If your looking for tips here's what I got
1.dont be afraid to throw stomp in blocked strings once they respect punchwalk you'd be surprised how it's works as a mindfuck D4 stomp FTW!
2.with blade spin you don't have to RC into b12u2 but a slight walk but if your hardwired to that don't worry about it
3. I love mixing D1 Shokan grab and D1 punch when they start trying to jump the grab.
4. Shokan grab,Shokan grab, and of course Shokan grab!
seriously abuse the hell out the move

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
1.dont be afraid to throw stomp in blocked strings once they respect punchwalk you'd be surprised how it's works as a mindfuck D4 stomp FTW!
D'Vorahs run speed/ forward dash is too good, to just throw that move out, Telestomp is really only worth it if you have a breaker, or a really huge life lead.

Let's talk about Goro's sweep
Well the input is B4, seems to have good start up on it, decent recovery. I like it, seems to be a good neutral tool.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
D'Vorahs run speed/ forward dash is too good, to just throw that move out, Telestomp is really only worth it if you have a breaker, or a really huge life lead.

Well the input is B4, seems to have good start up on it, decent recovery. I like it, seems to be a good neutral tool.
Yea telestomp is not that good against her, especially on training stage where you can see the shadow falling lol. She can also run after blocking the first hit of ex stomp.

Espio

Kokomo
I played a FT5 with my buddy @Chongo last night, very close set of Goro versus Johnny Cage with some good back and forth.

You'll notice in this FT5 that I use sweep to beat out down 4 and a couple different options and some other little nuances.

Part 1

Part 2

These are some fun little matches of Purp Smoke and CSZ (second one) versus Dragon Fangs.

Part 1 (Smoke)

Part 2 (CSZ)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Nothing has been posted here since April? Come on guys.

Here are tons of matches I played tonight. This was my first time playing in about a week so go easy on me please.

vs Cr Dragon ( I do not know the Alien MU at all)

ESL Matches:
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

ft5 w/ Emperor Genocide

39 Matches with @BunLantern in the Mirror

My youtube channel is:
https://www.youtube.com/user/XbLMindGamez/videos

Last edited:

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Haven't watched much of it yet, but just wanted to say that against Tarkatan we can armour OS the rekka's every time with EN PW. If he leaves a gap, PW will blow it up. If he doesn't not, he'll be punishable on the last rekka (which conveniently is punished by EN PW also, or you could go for meterless punish). EN SG is also an option.

Just with general stuff, I've noticed you don't tend to change up the midscreen bnb much depending on screen position (from what I've watched, if you do typically do this then my bad, ignore me :] ). Especially with DF, I'm always opting for the corner. If I get an EN PW moving away from corner, I'll typically do the b121, run under, 121xxpw to get the corner back. Particularly in matchups like Alien, I think maintaining the corner would be crucial. If you can do that, I can't see Tarkatan being too ridiculous for goro to handle considering we can theoretically punish him every time he rekka's.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Haven't watched much of it yet, but just wanted to say that against Tarkatan we can armour OS the rekka's every time with EN PW. If he leaves a gap, PW will blow it up. If he doesn't not, he'll be punishable on the last rekka (which conveniently is punished by EN PW also, or you could go for meterless punish). EN SG is also an option.

Just with general stuff, I've noticed you don't tend to change up the midscreen bnb much depending on screen position (from what I've watched, if you do typically do this then my bad, ignore me :] ). Especially with DF, I'm always opting for the corner. If I get an EN PW moving away from corner, I'll typically do the b121, run under, 121xxpw to get the corner back. Particularly in matchups like Alien, I think maintaining the corner would be crucial. If you can do that, I can't see Tarkatan being too ridiculous for goro to handle considering we can theoretically punish him every time he rekka's.

Also I'm intending on focusing only on Goro for the next few weeks, so expect some content here from me. :]

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

Honestly I forget, that is something I never really practiced, so it is never a thought in my head. I really need to though, it would make some MUs a bit easier.