What's new

Match Footage - Goro Goro Battle Footage

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Below are my latest Goro matches from our last MKX tourney which took place at GDA last Sunday.

My matches start at:

0:00 vs Hlunaticgr (A-List JC, Tempest KL)

23:15 vs SNK_ K-Top (DF Liu Kang)

42:50 vs Cimmerian (KJ Tanya)

Grand finals: 59:55 vs SNK_ K-Top (HQT Predator)

Hope you guys enjoy the matches, my Goro is a bit rusty since i m not playing the game anymore, i just joined the tournament to support the scene.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

Below are my latest Goro matches from our last MKX tourney which took place at GDA last Sunday.

My matches start at:

0:00 vs Hlunaticgr (A-List JC, Tempest KL)

23:15 vs SNK_ K-Top (DF Liu Kang)

42:50 vs Cimmerian (KJ Tanya)

Grand finals: 59:55 vs SNK_ K-Top (HQT Predator)

Hope you guys enjoy the matches, my Goro is a bit rusty since i m not playing the game anymore, i just joined the tournament to support the scene.

Good stuff man, we have a very similar play style.

If you don't mind I do see some things (and we can all work on something) that you can do to mix things up a bit more. So if you want I will post them if not I will not mention them.

Also when doing the Telestomp after F3, hit down right after F3 then hold up the entire time. Or to make it easier just use 4. Just make sure you hold up throughout the entire animation.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Good stuff man, we have a very similar play style.

If you don't mind I do see some things (and we can all work on something) that you can do to mix things up a bit more. So if you want I will post them if not I will not mention them.

Also when doing the Telestomp after F3, hit down right after F3 then hold up the entire time. Or to make it easier just use 4. Just make sure you hold up throughout the entire animation.
Sure thing, post them m8. What do you mean regarding Telestomp?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Sure thing, post them m8. What do you mean regarding Telestomp?
Go into practice and land a F3 and just hit down up (DO NOT HOLD UP) and see what happens.

Do the same thing and now hold up for the entire animation of F3 and it should come out everytime.

For the gameplay:

• Add some more F2s in the corner, that sting is a huge mind game. Depending on the character, I do F2 after a JIP.
  • Sweep, is a safe option to check the opponent in the neutral, I just started doing this and it's really nice.
  • Just like me and never use B3, because it is terrible.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Go into practice and land a F3 and just hit down up (DO NOT HOLD UP) and see what happens.

Do the same thing and now hold up for the entire animation of F3 and it should come out everytime.

For the gameplay:

• Add some more F2s in the corner, that sting is a huge mind game. Depending on the character, I do F2 after a JIP.
  • Sweep, is a safe option to check the opponent in the neutral, I just started doing this and it's really nice.
  • Just like me and never use B3, because it is terrible.
I was dropping Telestomp shenanigans cause i m not playing the game anymore. I just joined the tourney to support the MK scene in Greece. I had forgotten the timing.

Regarding gameplay:

I use F2 when my opponent does not have meter and always after a knockdown. F2 after a jp is not a good option cause it can be armor interrupted.

Sweep is godlike i agree, but if opponent jumps, you get punished with a full combo, thats why i dont use it often in footsies. I use it, but not too often, cause of the reason i posted. People tend to jump alot against Goro at that particular distance.

I use B3 in the corner only, cause my opponents respect 3d3 alot.

Thnx for the advice though.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
I gotta use b121 more, I forgot all about that string.
A lot of people don't for some reason,which blows my mind. It's his fastest standing mid, does excellent chip and is +2 on block. It's a universal tool and since his run and stuff are so good now even on hit you can chase them down as it pushes them to the corner and a nice run up puts you in range for it. It was really legit before, now it's great. The A.I. even gets punished for trying to jump away from those plus frames, which I love.

You can also cancel into punch walk/fang/low stab spin off back 1 or back 1,2 gapless.I only use back 1,2 up 2 on punishes because the gap is real and you're extremely punishable/not worth the risk when you have a bunch of safer options.

Then there's the fact that it gives you a 9 frame cancel into pw in case you're trying to chip someone out, but don't wanna risk being armored.

I think a lot of people would benefit from using 2,1,2 and Back 1,2, 1 for core pressure and chip strings (at least in Dragon Fangs). Canceling into punch walk isn't a bad thing, but it puts you in a defensive position even if you have a bar and those two strings on block give you another opportunity or on hit send people rolling towards the corner.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
A lot of people don't for some reason,which blows my mind. It's his fastest standing mid, does excellent chip and is +2 on block. It's a universal tool and since his run and stuff are so good now even on hit you can chase them down as it pushes them to the corner and a nice run up puts you in range for it. It was really legit before, now it's great. The A.I. even gets punished for trying to jump away from those plus frames, which I love.

You can also cancel into punch walk/fang/low stab spin off back 1 or back 1,2 gapless.I only use back 1,2 up 2 on punishes because the gap is real and you're extremely punishable/not worth the risk when you have a bunch of safer options.

Then there's the fact that it gives you a 9 frame cancel into pw in case you're trying to chip someone out, but don't wanna risk being armored.

I think a lot of people would benefit from using 2,1,2 and Back 1,2, 1 for core pressure and chip strings (at least in Dragon Fangs). Canceling into punch walk isn't a bad thing, but it puts you in a defensive position even if you have a bar and those two strings on block give you another opportunity or on hit send people rolling towards the corner.
For some reason I always remember it being -2 instead of +2 but because of your footage reminding me it existed I've been using and abusing those plus frames liberally.

I feel a lot more potent already. You can really pressure someone into the corner with it and it does good chip.