What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVh54SEU0AATiAS.jpg:large

Thats beautiful
let me sum it up
- Cancels are easy (but his combos and leap cancel are still damn hard)
- 2~SC is not 0 on block THANK YOU NRS WHAT A BUFF
- 22 has no gap, 22~SC now -3
- b2 is -1 on block
- 223 now has interruptible gap in it
- Mind control is faster and more unsafe.

Jesus thank you Grodd community thank you, you got Grodd much needed buffs in the end. Fuck you and NRS too.
Grow up dude....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVh54SEU0AATiAS.jpg:large

Thats beautiful
let me sum it up
- Cancels are easy (but his combos and leap cancel are still damn hard)
- 2~SC is not 0 on block THANK YOU NRS WHAT A BUFF
- 22 has no gap, 22~SC now -3
- b2 is -1 on block
- 223 now has interruptible gap in it
- Mind control is faster and more unsafe.

Jesus thank you Grodd community thank you, you got Grodd much needed buffs in the end. Fuck you and NRS too.
Not even that easy mind you, just easier

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Has anyone noticed since the patch in November that sometimes grodds f3 will splat even though the hit counter resets. Additionally b1 can also be clashed with a hit counter reset as well.

This seems to be worse since the patch. Anyone else having this problem?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Hey fellas, so I think we have arrived at the point where if you take this character seriously, you're fucked. If you don't play this game for fun, using Grodd you're done. I only play for fun, and fuck this patch. Ridiculous.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Jesus Christ what I have stumbled into.

The response from the Grodd community conflicted quite a lot with what I thought it would be.

Did NRS play themselves? Did they play the Grodd community?

Someone didn't get played through this patch though. And it was Grodd, cause ain't no one playing this character anymore.

I was trying to understand what they did but going through this is surreal. It's not even mean. Basically I think these guys have no fuckin idea what they're doing and surely I'm not involving myself in any NRS game anymore. And whoever says they don't deserve harsh critique is basically their bitch. And on top of it seeing that scrub trying to "cancel" 22 if I can even call it like that. From someone like me who was putting heart and effort to practice this character for hours, B2 cancel was the only thing he had...

"So we made the cancels humanly possible cause of bla bla connections bla bla some bs about people"-still can't cancel for shit on stream, fuckin ignorant. There were people able to do that, nice and easy before that you flippin scrub and that's not even hard about Grodd...

BTW how come they make such a major fuckin change now, it makes no fuckin sense to me, please ^^ It would be dumb for any character. As well Black Adam is for instance super fuckin plus of his trait without any execution whatsoever smh...

Last edited:
Is b1 faster? I dont remember it being 20 frames but didnt see that in the patchnotes.

Patch is just lazy.

Like did they fix his funky ass b1 whiffing problem. Strings 20 frames with dogshit range and wont work on hit unless you’re sat on their dick.
It was always 20 frames. It is beyond me why they didn’t fix this whiffing issue, especially because the follow up whiffs when the block overhead.