What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Belial

Noob
BELIAL I HATE TO SAY IT BUT REMOVING THE GAP IN 2,2 WOULD BE A HUGE HELP. IDK WHY U SAY IT WOULDNT HELP. IT WOULD OPEN UP WAY MORE MIND GAMES IN HIS PRESSURE.
How many people actually take advantage of the gap now? Like almost none and you still have mindgames off it. It would make his pressure better, but his pressure is already very good. Removing the gap will not make his bad matchups better, neither it will bring him to another tier of existance.

Things that would help IMO
1) remove gap in 112 - actually lots of adv on block and great pressure tool, force enemy to press
2) double damage off df3 - HUGE threat in neutral and easy punish of backdash (right now i have to WALK FORWARD to punish backdashers)
3) slightly more range on b2
4) Better trait (new moves, faster mc and push, better mindgames off trait etc)
5) much better d2 even at the expense of safety, so its on par with d2 of CW and Flash
6) Faster jump and leap startup
7) Make dd2 useful (for example making it launch on MB would allow to mixup with f3)
8) COMMAND THROW

Belial

Noob
Also Grodd worst MU is Aquaman

His bad mu are (4-6)
Catwoman
Batman
WW
and maybe
Scarecrow, Robin and Dr.Fate

Skedar70

Noob
How many people actually take advantage of the gap now? Like almost none and you still have mindgames off it. It would make his pressure better, but his pressure is already very good. Removing the gap will not make his bad matchups better, neither it will bring him to another tier of existance.

1) remove gap in 112 - actually lots of adv on block and great pressure tool, force enemy to press
2) double damage off df3 - HUGE threat in neutral and easy punish of backdash (right now i have to WALK FORWARD to punish backdashers)
5) much better d2 even at the expense of safety, so its on par with d2 of CW and Flash
7) Make dd2 useful (for example making it launch on MB would allow to mixup with f3)
8) COMMAND THROW
I don't want Grodd to be top tier I just want him to be ok. Because people aren't taking advantage of the 22 gap is the reason why we believe Grodd is fine. Once you have someone who is constantly punishing you everytime you go for a 22 you stop using it. So what are you left with after that? 112 is a high with no reach and it also has a gap, and b1 1+2 is slow and punishable. All you can do is b2 sc and nothing else. Doing 2 sc just to be safe is ridiculous and its also hard from an execution point.

I think removing the gap in 22 is more important than removing it from 112 since its a mid with better reach and the SC is either 0 or +1 so no biggie. Also 11 by itself is only -7 but 2 by itself is like -20 so you can just do 11 if you expect someone to challenge the gap and you are safe but going for a 2 has to be a full unsafe commitment.

All of the changes you suggest will make him better but he will still be bottom if that 22 gap stays because it basically means that he has no safe combo strings unless you can master SC like 2sc.

Belial

Noob
Not really, there are ways to punish people who go vs 22 gap and only people who think its a big deal are those spamming 22 all day, where they should use other tools instead. Like i said(and ive played vs alot of top players in eu) it wont make a big difference. If 22 gap is removed grodd position in tiers wont change at all.

112 gap removal will be much stronger (but still not so much) bc you will have a very strong pressure tool besides throw that opponent will have to respect. 22 on block leaves u with fairly poor mindgames anyway.

People coplaining about gaps are scrubs in my eyes, sorry thats how it is. Gaps are not why grodd is losing. Nvm fixing gaps will help ZERO in his bad mu's.

Are gaps losing u vs aqua or ww??? Are u gonna rape them once gaps are gone? Answer is no. You dont want Grodd to be good or "ok" , u want shitty buffs that wont matter and then keep complaining about top tiers, counterpicks and difficult execution. Bc thats what is going to happen if nrs and paulo listen to grodd community.

U need at the very least to get buffs that would work in aquaman mu so at least some good players will want to try grodd. Right now its just no point in using him in tournaments. And w/o top players using him he will never get good.

8) COMMAND THROW
Did you mean bf3?

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys

8) COMMAND THROW
JESUS BELIAL, WHERE NOT TRYNA BREAK THE CHARACTER DAMN.