What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Wigy

There it is...
Minor thing to keep folks on their toes. If you do f3 d2 stampede if you time your f3 right after you slide out the corner at the very last second

If you delay the d2 a bit it doesn't crossup at the last second

Also, not sure why it would be useful but f3 d2 sc b2 restands them backwards

Minor thing to keep folks on their toes. If you do f3 d2 stampede if you time your f3 right after you slide out the corner at the very last second

If you delay the d2 a bit it doesn't crossup at the last second

Also, not sure why it would be useful but f3 d2 sc b2 restands them backwards
Do you have a video, or could you explain further? Sorry, I’m very visual

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Skedar70

Noob
Can someone explain, I am still struggling with air shields and d2. Help...

Patient gameplay. Lots of stampede cancel in the neutral just to keep up with the meter build while still getting in on her. If you block a ground or air shield but you are still too far from her, do a reversal stampede cancel to move forward and build a little bit of meter but don't over extend. If you are out of the range of her shield toss do more stampede cancels to get more meter. This will give you some meter to occasionally meter burn stampedes (armored) or flash parry in order to punish her when she spams to many shields. Once they get hit by this a couple of times you will condition them to not throw as many shields. Mix in some leaps from an unreactable distance once you get them scared to throw more shields.

A blocked shield and a d2 has a lot of recovery this allows you to safely do a stampede cancel to build some meter advance a little bit on her and depending on the distance you might be able to punish the a ground shield.

Patient gameplay. Lots of stampede cancel in the neutral just to keep up with the meter build while still getting in on her. If you block a ground or air shield but you are still too far from her, do a reversal stampede cancel to move forward and build a little bit of meter but don't over extend. If you are out of the range of her shield toss do more stampede cancels to get more meter. This will give you some meter to occasionally meter burn stampedes (armored) or flash parry in order to punish her when she spams to many shields. Once they get hit by this a couple of times you will condition them to not throw as many shields. Mix in some leaps from an unreactable distance once you get them scared to throw more shields.

A blocked shield and a d2 has a lot of recovery this allows you to safely do a stampede cancel to build some meter advance a little bit on her and depending on the distance you might be able to punish the a ground shield.
I assume this goes for scarecrow too. That matchup is maddening with those b3s

Skedar70

Noob
I assume this goes for scarecrow too. That matchup is maddening with those b3s

Yeah I tend to do the same against scarecrow also although I have never considered that mu bad since scarecrow also needs to get up close to get his damage so its a complete brawl against Grodd, while Wonder woman does her thing from a mid distance and walking back.

If you are having troubles with his b3 and wonder womans d2 is probably because you are leaping too much instead of walking or stampede canceling in on them. WW d2 even though it covers a lot of her air space its slower than many other d2. Once you are at a good distance you can either secret sweep her of just do a regular jump in. Even though Grodds jump in is floaty there is other stuff she as to be looking for so they might not be able to react in time and your in to do some stampede cancel pressure.

Yeah I tend to do the same against scarecrow also although I have never considered that mu bad since scarecrow also needs to get up close to get his damage so its a complete brawl against Grodd, while Wonder woman does her thing from a mid distance and walking back.

If you are having troubles with his b3 and wonder womans d2 is probably because you are leaping too much instead of walking or stampede canceling in on them. WW d2 even though it covers a lot of her air space its slower than many other d2. Once you are at a good distance you can either secret sweep her of just do a regular jump in. Even though Grodds jump in is floaty there is other stuff she as to be looking for so they might not be able to react in time and your in to do some stampede cancel pressure.
Yeah my grodd thinks he’s on a trampoline with all those leaps. I need to learn sc more. I do already but as reversal I need to practice more. Thanks

I really don’t see why batman is that bad. It seems I can get savage strength out pretty easy against him and it shuts down a good amount of stuff. I may just not have played any good Batmans, but maybe someone can explain

Skedar70

Noob
I really don’t see why batman is that bad. It seems I can get savage strength out pretty easy against him and it shuts down a good amount of stuff. I may just not have played any good Batmans, but maybe someone can explain

I hate batman but I don't consider that MU a losing one. Honestly I'm only certain a good aquaman is a nightmare and mostly because his traits nullifies any chance you have to vortex him to death when you finally land a hit on him.

Wigy

There it is...
Is the green latern matchup loosing?

B1 really checks grodd hard you can't jump on him and he wrecks you on oki.

Any advice?

Is the green latern matchup loosing?

B1 really checks grodd hard you can't jump on him and he wrecks you on oki.

Any advice?
Secret sweep him a lot and force him to use that sneaky low or jump. I do try to stay at range where you can whiff punish him with MC. Once you poke his gaps he ain't so happy to stay close, I mean that low has a huge gap, right? Anyway I do prefer to play Fate against him since he's pissing me off with that sneaky ass low attack ^^ And all his fuckin combos auto-correct as well smh