What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main
I mean you guys don't feel trait being special cancelable is huge? I'm just thinking about whiff punishing or aa'ing wirh trait db2 mb similar to trait canceling into lanterns might. Maybe I'm missing something. I was hype enough to try out grodd again when it hits(not like the devs are giving me a reason to keep playing joker)
I really want to see how that looks. Can we now hit confirm into trait and continue with a combo with ease?

Skedar70

Noob
I mean you guys don't feel trait being special cancelable is huge? I'm just thinking about whiff punishing or aa'ing wirh trait db2 mb similar to trait canceling into lanterns might. Maybe I'm missing something. I was hype enough to try out grodd again when it hits(not like the devs are giving me a reason to keep playing joker)
Trait as always been 2in1 special cancelable. You can cancel in dd3 or bf2 directly from the trait. What they are doing is speeding up the activation. So when being zoned you can do trait canceled into projectile immunity and it will activate faster giving you a chance to trait in between projectiles. Currently you duck a projectile activate trait, duck a second projectile activate immunity the change may allow you to do it do trait into projectile immunity directly after ducking the first projectile. Depending on the speed maybe you can do it in between Deadshot projectiles (that would be sick) currently you can't deadshot will hit you before you activate projectile immunity and get you out of the animation with no activation.

Depending on the speed it may also be able to do what you suggested. But I doubt it will be that fast.

DeftMonk

Noob
Trait as always been 2in1 special cancelable. You can cancel in dd3 or bf2 directly from the trait. What they are doing is speeding up the activation. So when being zoned you can do trait canceled into projectile immunity and it will activate faster giving you a chance to trait in between projectiles. Currently you duck a projectile activate trait, duck a second projectile activate immunity the change may allow you to do it do trait into projectile immunity directly after ducking the first projectile. Depending on the speed maybe you can do it in between Deadshot projectiles (that would be sick) currently you can't deadshot will hit you before you activate projectile immunity and get you out of the animation with no activation.

Depending on the speed it may also be able to do what you suggested. But I doubt it will be that fast.
Ya I'm aware but depending on how fast it will be(think green lantern) this might be great. Can it cancel into db2?

so hype for the changes.
It seems like NRS doesn't want Grodd to be played around the resets and 50/50 after it.
I wonder how good stampede will be.
bane venom level type of damage? A man can hope
what do you guys think will be his pressure gameplan after the patch?

Depends if gaps were removed and numbers were changed. If not it will be pretty much how it is now with more damage on stampede. Also could be some new stuff with the trait buffs but Wont know until we get our hands on it.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Here we are:
Gorilla Grodd - base stats adjusted to have 50 less Ability, 50 less health, and 100 more defense
Gorilla Grodd - Slaughtering Humans (Light, Light), Cutthroat King (Medium, Medium), Salvation Run (Away + Medium, Light + Hard) base damage increased by 1
Gorilla Grodd - Low Bash (Away + Light) has 5 more frames of blockstun and 6 more hit advantage
Gorilla Grodd - Bloodthirsty Ruler (Away + Light, Light + Hard) and (Away + Light, Light + Hard Meter Burn) base damage increased by 1
Gorilla Grodd - Hyper-Intelligence (Towards + Medium, Light) base damage increased to 7 (from 5)
Gorilla Grodd - Carnivore Sweep (Down + Hard) has 2 more hit advantage, recovers 4 frames faster on block/miss, and has 3 more frames of blockstun
Gorilla Grodd - Secret Sweep (Down + Towards + Hard) has more 10 more blockstun
Gorilla Grodd - After using Leap 3 times during a combo Savage Kick (Jump + Hard) will cause a splat knockdown
Gorilla Grodd - Fixed bug that prevented meter build from occurring when exiting Psionic Lift then canceling into Primal Lunge, Savage Strength, or Mind Control
Gorilla Grodd - The window for canceling into Psionic Push or Savage Strength from Telekinesis now starts 14 frames sooner
Gorilla Grodd - Telekinesis recovery reduced by 4 frames
Gorilla Grodd - Stampede base damage increased to 9 (from 5)
Gorilla Grodd - Stampede Meter Burn base damage increased to 18 (from 10)
Gorilla Grodd - Stampede Carcass Toss Gear Ability Meter Burn base damage increased to 25 (from 18)
Gorilla Grodd - Primal Lunge into Head Bash damage increased to 11 (from 10)

Skedar70

Noob
Good stuff. We got damage buff across many moves and our sweeps are safer. Our trait is also faster for dealing with zoners. Generous patch. Lets just hope our gaps are not exploited.