What's new

Question GL Tourney Players??

JDM

Noob
Damn, no one knows me except my local buddy Macro ;_;

I need to start travelling and placing in Injustice... game is so stagnant for me though. I need to start playing good people on PSN again. Who here plays on PSN?

I need to start travelling and placing in Injustice... game is so stagnant for me though. I need to start playing good people on PSN again. Who here plays on PSN?
I do.

Can't wait until I start traveling again. I'm Rebeloing myself...you all just don't know bout my GL......:DOGE

Haze

Noob
gl is automatic top 10, in tournament, there are only like 5 characters that really give him trouble (raven, sinestro, bane, cyrborg, and zod). rest are probably 4-6's. imo b1 and lift are really too good of tools for a character not to be considered top 10. he is easy as fuck to play too.
would u consider him the smoke of igau? i learned my smoke watching youre vids on yt he was my fav 2 begin with,i dont like any characs from igau so i picked aquaman and just stick with him

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Jump or duck the Zap, block or jump the ground laser, block, jump or even air turbine punish the air laser.

It's 5-5.
i know what to do......but if he's good at zoning its not that easy to get through, not to mention mb laser pushes back a bit and if you get hit once you have to start over from fullscreen, and when you do get in you still have alot of work to do

i know what to do......but if he's good at zoning its not that easy to get through, not to mention mb laser pushes back a bit and if you get hit once you have to start over from fullscreen, and when you do get in you still have alot of work to do
I know. 5-5 doesn't mean it's easy. Just means it can go either way. Whoever can get their momentum going first usually wins.

Fred Marvel

I know. 5-5 doesn't mean it's easy. Just means it can go either way. Whoever can get their momentum going first usually wins.
id like to think 5-5 also would imply that one character doesnt have to work alot harder than the other to win and in this case it really feels like GL has to work harder than superman,

id like to think 5-5 also would imply that one character doesnt have to work alot harder than the other to win and in this case it really feels like GL has to work harder than superman,
That may be your perspective. What about theirs? I'm sorry it's not a 6-4 or 7-3 where you have an answer for everything he does. Just be patient and punish everything you can.

Fred Marvel

That may be your perspective. What about theirs? I'm sorry it's not a 6-4 or 7-3 where you have an answer for everything he does. Just be patient and punish everything you can.
good question id love to find out although ive never seen a superman player (a decent one) complain about GL, and all they have to do is backdash and laser or breath to put you at fullscreen lol

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
lol we do agree that GL is an easy to use character but he doesnt know what he's talking about...not in this situation at least

lol thats cute, about Syknis he had to play Max in Winners and lost....Max was in grand finals.....so you cant knock that he also lost to PPJ who was in top 8......seeding man you cant say he isnt good he just had to play Max who was arguably the 2nd best player in the tourney (and i dont think anyone was saying they think he's better than king or max) who was in GF and "the NEC Champ". about me, i would just say play me but us playing a stupid mirror would accomplish nothing, again im not saying im amazing or some online badass but your idea that "until your prove yourself in a tournament you know nothing of matchups" is laughable but hey you are entitled to your opinion (Murica). ive never been to an offline tourney so i cant say for sure but i really doubt offline is a completely different game like you and some others make it out to be, are there differences? of course. people get away with bullshit all the time online but you guys make it seem like its going from pop warner to the NFL lol.
Also not to discredit DJT at all because he is a great player but evo was when people still didnt know how to play IGAU and DJT was getting away with murder (hmm sounds like something that would happen online.....lol) so yes it was a big placing by a GL but he had tech that nobody had seen and GL is the kind of character that will beat you if you dont know how to play him. anyway i doubt ill change your mind ill just keep saying you dont know the game or character better than me...because well....you dont lol
Offline vs online are two entirely different games. Online has it's value for matchup learning but there are sooooo many things with every character that work online and don't play out irl. Random example: I still can't block batman multi crossups online so I try to yolo air to air to stop him. Offline I don't take those risks because I can see where his hitbox will land. Just a few frames difference completely changes how things play out. Matchup numbers only apply to two players of equal skill at a high level so when the game plan changes due to slight lag compensation it's no indication of how the actual match would've played out. Just my opinion

Fred Marvel

Offline vs online are two entirely different games. Online has it's value for matchup learning but there are sooooo many things with every character that work online and don't play out irl. Random example: I still can't block batman multi crossups online so I try to yolo air to air to stop him. Offline I don't take those risks because I can see where his hitbox will land. Just a few frames difference completely changes how things play out. Matchup numbers only apply to two players of equal skill at a high level so when the game plan changes due to slight lag compensation it's no indication of how the actual match would've played out. Just my opinion
im pretty sure ive answered this in stuff ive said before. i see what youre saying tho

Haze

Noob
lmao that was godlike.

i wouldn't consider him the smoke of injustice... he has no counter zoning, but can play just as lame. so similar game plan, just have adjust to zoning hah
igau aint poppin here in EU. mk9 has like triple amount of players online, so im still on mk my smoke aint lame lots of shake cancel setups and showing off just fucking around loving it, dont even know my framedate correct would like 2 smoke 1 good with u sumthime and have sum casuals

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
im pretty sure ive answered this in stuff ive said before. i see what youre saying tho
My issue is if a character is rebalanced and gains 2 extra frames recovery it can absolutely change their entire tier. If a good online connection is 2-3 frames different (and wavering back and forth) you're playing with rebalanced characters that aren't honest.

Fred Marvel

My issue is if a character is rebalanced and gains 2 extra frames recovery it can absolutely change their entire tier. If a good online connection is 2-3 frames different (and wavering back and forth) you're playing with rebalanced characters that aren't honest.
i get that....i understand online shenanigans that dont work offline but people get away with shit that shouldnt work offline too ive seen it in tournaments...even majors lol
as far as matchups yes that can change some things, batmans j2 is unstoppable with lag, so is fullscreen deathstroke/superman, but if online and offline were as different as people make them seem then success would never translate and it often does, also part of it is on the player to be able to determine what wouldnt work offline.
eh i forgot where this was going.......anyway im not basing matchups/characters off online bs and lag enabled wins lol

Haze

Noob
lmao that was godlike.

i wouldn't consider him the smoke of injustice... he has no counter zoning, but can play just as lame. so similar game plan, just have adjust to zoning hah
just 1 question,i swear 1 time onine i did on accident a corner combo with smoke with a shake cancel into a d1 i never did it again in practice . u know if its possible?

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher

I dropped online igau due to not running into anyone decent in so long and my regular friends list are never on when I am. But I'd definitely love to play a solid player on psn to revive my salt.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I play the best Superman players in the world and I have beaten them multiple times with many characters, but I can tell you that matchup is NOT a 5-5.

Sure you can somewhat equal him in the footsie game, but Superman can zone way more safely with more reward. Also he has WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better mobility.

Superman also benefits WAY more from interactables.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
just 1 question,i swear 1 time onine i did on accident a corner combo with smoke with a shake cancel into a d1 i never did it again in practice . u know if its possible?
not too familiar w/ shake canceling w/ smoke. sorry dewd

GGA Wafflez

the kid
I play the best Superman players in the world and I have beaten them multiple times with many characters, but I can tell you that matchup is NOT a 5-5.

Sure you can somewhat equal him in the footsie game, but Superman can zone way more safely with more reward. Also he has WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better mobility.

Superman also benefits WAY more from interactables.
yeah, pretty much the only problem in that MU is the zoning imo.