What's new

Question GL Tourney Players??

GGA Wafflez

the kid
i went "toe to toe" w/ pre patch kdz at vxg, i am not even sure THAT is a bad MU and i didnt know half the things i do now... just sayin. i have under the radar cred... people barely know i play GL...

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Because even though those matchups are disadvantage, they're not common choices at all in tournament. Which is a huge bucket of luck come tournament time. Especially considering how some of his better matchups are also more common picks. If you were to make a weighted tier list based on this knowledge, I wouldn't be surprised to see GL come extremely close to cracking top 5. But matchup numbers alone? GL is simply upper mid tier.

Also, I don't think Raven is worse than 4-6. Nor do I really think it's any easier. So it's still something that would come down to whose the better player. In the case of Swords vs Wafflez, that pretty much what happened there.
hmm that is true, and fortunate (hopefully people dont start having pocket Sinestro's or Raven's lol) but the characters GL beats arent very common either, id say the most common matchups GL will see in tourney are either 5-5 or close and still up for debate but then things like stage come into play and it gets all wonky (can GL even backdash interactibles? lol). as for the wafflez v sword part yeah thats the best way to put it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
hmm that is true, and fortunate (hopefully people dont start having pocket Sinestro's or Raven's lol) but the characters GL beats arent very common either, id say the most common matchups GL will see in tourney are either 5-5 or close and still up for debate but then things like stage come into play and it gets all wonky (can GL even backdash interactibles? lol). as for the wafflez v sword part yeah thats the best way to put it.
Black Adam is not as common as before, but he's still a top tier you'll possibly see, and GL beats him. Aquaman, too. Most of the rest of top tier he also goes even with. Zod is still not common (and I doubt he will be, he's not "pick-up-and-play" friendly), and I'm slowly starting to ease off of MMH beating GL...I want to see that matchup run offline by like Jupiter and DJT.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Black Adam is not as common as before, but he's still a top tier you'll possibly see, and GL beats him. Aquaman, too. Most of the rest of top tier he also goes even with. Zod is still not common (and I doubt he will be, he's not "pick-up-and-play" friendly), and I'm slowly starting to ease off of MMH beating GL...I want to see that matchup run offline by like Jupiter and DJT.
Adam.....ill give you, Aquaman still seems even but has that even been played in tournament? and im so glad Zod takes skill lol that matchup is hell if they know what to do
also manhunter seems pretty decisive, from playing it and just looking at the tools he has i dont see a way it could be anything but Martian Favor, if b1 couldnt check teleports it would be damn near unwinnable lol

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
gl is automatic top 10, in tournament, there are only like 5 characters that really give him trouble (raven, sinestro, bane, cyrborg, and zod). rest are probably 4-6's. imo b1 and lift are really too good of tools for a character not to be considered top 10. he is easy as fuck to play too.
Lets not forget his is ridiculous 18 frame f3 that when you pay a bar rapes jumpins on reaction, or his no 1 spot for unclashable damage, or his insane 59 percent two bar mid screen combos, his safe 50\50 setups. Lbsh here in the right hands Gl is insane. Dude is a fuckin tank.

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
i feel GL vs MMH is heavily in MMH favor but ive never played one offline at a high level. just acouple lag abusers. could even be possibly even or slight mmh favor. GL's dashes are so unsafe making it easy to punish or keep him out. cant do instant air rockets due to threat of ex pillar or teleport. but mmh does HAVE to block after an oh tele on block. but thats really it. i rarely teleport in the mu.

THTB

Lets not forget his is ridiculous 18 frame f3 that when you pay a bar rapes jumpins on reaction, or his no 1 spot for unclashable damage, or his insane 59 percent two bar mid screen combos, his safe 50\50 setups. Lbsh here in the right hands Gl is insane. Dude is a fuckin tank.
Why are you paying a bar for AAs? And Lobo is better on unclashable damage than GL.

THTB

i feel GL vs MMH is heavily in MMH favor but ive never played one offline at a high level. just acouple lag abusers. could even be possibly even or slight mmh favor. GL's dashes are so unsafe making it easy to punish or keep him out. cant do instant air rockets due to threat of ex pillar or teleport. but mmh does HAVE to block after an oh tele on block. but thats really it. i rarely teleport in the mu.
It's been some time since I've played this, but online, that match is hell, but offline you have room to work with for getting in, since you should be able to dash in between regular pillars. I can't see the matchup getting much worse than slight MMH favor if the advantage really sticks.