What's new

Question GL Tourney Players??

GGA Wafflez

the kid
no.....just....no he isnt top 10.
and you didnt even mention manhunter among those who give him trouble? or Superman, or.....nevermind[/quote

what tournaments have you been to and what comp do you play against that gives you any sort of cred to publish MU numbers? i think i have a little, and can make a right judgement when i see it. although i dont have that much MU exp, i dont see mmh to be that troublesome, as well as raven... but no1 has played those MU's offline extensively at a high level. every1 relies on their online numbers, where imo, zoning rules. u can discredit me all you want, but i think the majority respects my ruling

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
what tournaments have you been to and what comp do you play against that gives you any sort of cred to publish MU numbers? i think i have a little, and can make a right judgement when i see it. although i dont have that much MU exp, i dont see mmh to be that troublesome, as well as raven... but no1 has played those MU's offline extensively at a high level. every1 relies on their online numbers, where imo, zoning rules. u can discredit me all you want, but i think the majority respects my ruling
lol the classic "who are you?" answer. really?
the beauty of IGAU is its a new IP a brand new game this isnt MK so all those MK tourneys you went to won/lost mean nothing towards Injustice experience, ive been a GL main since April 17th you are no more knowledgable in this game or with this character than i am, you going to tournaments doesnt mean you know matchups better lol its just means you possible play high level competition more than i do. yes there is lag online yes sometimes online is shitty but every online match isnt so terrible that you cant figure out matchups based off of it (if you cant thats on you not the game or online). ive played thousands of matches with GL and it isnt hard to figure out which matchups are unfavorable, MMH is a bad matchup if you dont have the experience thats fine but its generally agreed upon that its bad. also ive seen your GL and its no better than mine, im not hyping myself up i dont train or practice this game im not in a team or clan im just being real.

dude im not trying to discredit you, just defending myself from you discrediting me or anyone else, can this stupid "im a tournament player so my opinion matters more than yours" mentality end please? thanks :)

GGA Wafflez

the kid
the beauty of IGAU is its a new IP a brand new game this isnt MK so all those MK tourneys you went to won/lost mean nothing towards Injustice experience, ive been a GL main since April 17th you are no more knowledgable in this game or with this character than i am, you going to tournaments doesnt mean you know matchups better lol its just means you possible play high level competition more than i do. yes there is lag online yes sometimes online is shitty but every online match isnt so terrible that you cant figure out matchups based off of it (if you cant thats on you not the game or online). ive played thousands of matches with GL and it isnt hard to figure out which matchups are unfavorable, MMH is a bad matchup if you dont have the experience thats fine but its generally agreed upon that its bad. also ive seen your GL and its no better than mine, im not hyping myself up i dont train or practice this game im not in a team or clan im just being real.

dude im not trying to discredit you, just defending myself from you discrediting me or anyone else, can this stupid "im a tournament player so my opinion matters more than yours" mentality end please? thanks :)
imo, until u can prove yourself in tournament/offline, you dont have the cred. i dont even practice the game, yet can do well... people dont know, but i am at fuckin school and can go to gga and still do well against people solely because gl does well against them. he is an easy ass character to play, his gameplan usually doesnt change in MU's. beat 16 bit, ppj. or slips then i will understand you as some1 who has any idea of GL MU's. i have played against wound offline, glass sword offline, max, 16 bit, slips, jeremiah, pl, reo, all of them offline. most not on a regular basis, but when i am at gga i try to play as much as i can against them. sorry not sorry, using sickness at KIT as an exmaple. he was an online player who EVERYONE hyped up... didnt make it out of pools. offline is another story. so far, gl's only great tourny performance was djt at evo. so technically, we all should shut the fuck up. but as far as i know, and what has worked in the past, players who play offline/attend offline tournaments and can do relatively well have more say that online players.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade

Wafflez might be the most successful GL player in recent history, just beating NEC champ PPJ a couple weeks ago at frosty faustings. He knows what he's talking about...leave it to Waffles to find the easiest character to play at high level again, just like MK9...lol

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Wafflez might be the most successful GL player in recent history, just beating NEC champ PPJ a couple weeks ago at frosty faustings. He knows what he's talking about...leave it to Waffles to find the easiest character to play at high level again, just like MK9...lol

This is wrong.

GL is relatively simple execution wise but he is far from the easiest character to play at high level.

GGA is just an EXTREMELY lucky meta for a GL player to be in.

No Superman, no Sinestro, no Raven, no Batgirl, no MMH, no Zod.

You guys' best player all use weird ass characters like Catwoman, Scorpion, Shazam, Lex, Bane, Hawkgirl, all matchups that are good for GL.

If you guys had a more normal Meta like maybe Cali or Atlanta, you wouldn't think of GL like that.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
This is wrong.

GL is relatively simple execution wise but he is far from the easiest character to play at high level.

You guys' best player all use weird ass characters like Catwoman, Scorpion, Shazam, Lex, Bane, Hawkgirl, all matchups that are good for GL.

If you guys had a more normal Meta like maybe Cali or Atlanta, you wouldn't think of GL like that.
ya i know sinestro is bad, but if it works at a regional with a few outside states GL might have something.

Fred Marvel

lol we do agree that GL is an easy to use character but he doesnt know what he's talking about...not in this situation at least

imo, until u can prove yourself in tournament/offline, you dont have the cred. i dont even practice the game, yet can do well... people dont know, but i am at fuckin school and can go to gga and still do well against people solely because gl does well against them. he is an easy ass character to play, his gameplan usually doesnt change in MU's. beat 16 bit, ppj. or slips then i will understand you as some1 who has any idea of GL MU's. i have played against wound offline, glass sword offline, max, 16 bit, slips, jeremiah, pl, reo, all of them offline. most not on a regular basis, but when i am at gga i try to play as much as i can against them. sorry not sorry, using sickness at KIT as an exmaple. he was an online player who EVERYONE hyped up... didnt make it out of pools. offline is another story. so far, gl's only great tourny performance was djt at evo. so technically, we all should shut the fuck up. but as far as i know, and what has worked in the past, players who play offline/attend offline tournaments and can do relatively well have more say that online players.
lol thats cute, about Syknis he had to play Max in Winners and lost....Max was in grand finals.....so you cant knock that he also lost to PPJ who was in top 8......seeding man you cant say he isnt good he just had to play Max who was arguably the 2nd best player in the tourney (and i dont think anyone was saying they think he's better than king or max) who was in GF and "the NEC Champ". about me, i would just say play me but us playing a stupid mirror would accomplish nothing, again im not saying im amazing or some online badass but your idea that "until your prove yourself in a tournament you know nothing of matchups" is laughable but hey you are entitled to your opinion (Murica). ive never been to an offline tourney so i cant say for sure but i really doubt offline is a completely different game like you and some others make it out to be, are there differences? of course. people get away with bullshit all the time online but you guys make it seem like its going from pop warner to the NFL lol.
Also not to discredit DJT at all because he is a great player but evo was when people still didnt know how to play IGAU and DJT was getting away with murder (hmm sounds like something that would happen online.....lol) so yes it was a big placing by a GL but he had tech that nobody had seen and GL is the kind of character that will beat you if you dont know how to play him. anyway i doubt ill change your mind ill just keep saying you dont know the game or character better than me...because well....you dont lol

GGA Wafflez

the kid
lol we do agree that GL is an easy to use character but he doesnt know what he's talking about...not in this situation at least

lol thats cute, about Syknis he had to play Max in Winners and lost....Max was in grand finals.....so you cant knock that he also lost to PPJ who was in top 8......seeding man you cant say he isnt good he just had to play Max who was arguably the 2nd best player in the tourney (and i dont think anyone was saying they think he's better than king or max) who was in GF and "the NEC Champ". about me, i would just say play me but us playing a stupid mirror would accomplish nothing, again im not saying im amazing or some online badass but your idea that "until your prove yourself in a tournament you know nothing of matchups" is laughable but hey you are entitled to your opinion (Murica). ive never been to an offline tourney so i cant say for sure but i really doubt offline is a completely different game like you and some others make it out to be, are there differences? of course. people get away with bullshit all the time online but you guys make it seem like its going from pop warner to the NFL lol.
Also not to discredit DJT at all because he is a great player but evo was when people still didnt know how to play IGAU and DJT was getting away with murder (hmm sounds like something that would happen online.....lol) so yes it was a big placing by a GL but he had tech that nobody had seen and GL is the kind of character that will beat you if you dont know how to play him. anyway i doubt ill change your mind ill just keep saying you dont know the game or character better than me...because well....you dont lol
i like u

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is wrong.

We have Sinestro and Zod in Cleveland. ;____________;

But yeah, I'd have to agree with Chef here. No offense at all to Wafflez, like that doesn't take away what you've done, but that's GGA's meta in a nutshell...very oddball characters that, fortunately for GL, don't fare as well vs him.

I'm starting to lose my "not top 10" vibe, though (Wonder how long this will last, though... XD).

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wafflez just beat a top Raven in tournament. He was going toe to toe with prepatch KDZ superman. Dude barely knows what's going on and can win your suppsed bad mu lol

THTB

really? that matchup is horrendus for GL theres no "supposed" to it lol
Even then, Raven is rare as shit in the first place. As are a number of GL's other harder matchups.

GL's out of top 10 on pure theory. In tournament play, he's easily top 10.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Even then, Raven is rare as shit in the first place. As are a number of GL's other harder matchups.

lol, this sounds like reptile all over again! :)

Fred Marvel

that about his matchups being rare is true, im not sure what him being "top 10 in tournament" even means though lol, he might not run into raven or cyborg but it doesnt make him any better as a character.

THTB

that about his matchups being rare is true, im not sure what him being "top 10 in tournament" even means though lol, he might not run into raven or cyborg but it doesnt make him any better as a character.
Because even though those matchups are disadvantage, they're not common choices at all in tournament. Which is a huge bucket of luck come tournament time. Especially considering how some of his better matchups are also more common picks. If you were to make a weighted tier list based on this knowledge, I wouldn't be surprised to see GL come extremely close to cracking top 5. But matchup numbers alone? GL is simply upper mid tier.

Also, I don't think Raven is worse than 4-6. Nor do I really think it's any easier. So it's still something that would come down to whose the better player. In the case of Swords vs Wafflez, that pretty much what happened there.