What's new

Question GL Tourney Players??

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
@Ashenar @NRF Crimson Panther

Here, if you guys think the matchup isn't that bad, I'll put an offer out there.

If you are going to EVO or SCR I will MM you my scrub Superman vs you guys' main GLs for 50$
lol 50 dollars. Ok come to CEO and we will run it considering I can't really go to Cali in the middle of a full time job and school. btw I'll do a ft100 for free after I take that twenty and buy you some water to wash that salt down sir.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
lol 50 dollars. Ok come to CEO and we will run it considering I can't really go to Cali in the middle of a full time job and school. btw I'll do a ft100 for free after I take that twenty and buy you some water to wash that salt down sir.
You aren't coming to Evo?

Ashenar

You aren't coming to Evo?
Money is a problem considering Full Sail University is ultra expensive. If the money was there and I wasn't going to School full time yeah I would be there in a heartbeat. My EVO this year will be CEO unfortunately.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Money is a problem considering Full Sail University is ultra expensive. If the money was there and I wasn't going to School full time yeah I would be there in a heartbeat. My EVO this year will be CEO unfortunately.
I'm trying to go to CEO this year, so if I can make it, we are on.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Anyone I say other than Theo I'm sure will be followed up by something about I'm not playing top Superman players or something along those lines.

However, I play @xQUANTUMx and @NRF Everlast mostly. I won't bother naming some of the really good "randoms" because that's all they are to some people no matter their skill level.

And sorry, but I don't consider a main, or even a character being played "consistently", if you play them at least one match. But hey, that's just my scrub, unknown, mediocre, random opinion.
It's a patience game IMO. Lanterns oki game works very well here since superman has booty butt cheeks wakeups. Of course, you have to knock him down first. 9f low starter means you control the space in melee a lot of the time. Superman needs to stay out of the pocket and condition the lantern to do something unsafe where he can use his 8f mid to punish. I don't feel that either char really edges the other one out. Mid screen it's anyone's game. If lantern gets cornered he has to guess just like everyone else.

It's a patience game IMO. Lanterns oki game works very well here since superman has booty butt cheeks wakeups. Of course, you have to knock him down first. 9f low starter means you control the space in melee a lot of the time. Superman needs to stay out of the pocket and condition the lantern to do something unsafe where he can use his 8f mid to punish. I don't feel that either char really edges the other one out. Mid screen it's anyone's game. If lantern gets cornered he has to guess just like everyone else.
Sounds 5-5 to me.

EGP Wonder_Chef

since superman has booty butt cheeks wakeups.
I'm sorry, are we talking about the same character...?

9f low starter means you control the space in melee a lot of the time.
That would make sense if Superman didn't have an almost just as far reaching

If lantern gets cornered he has to guess just like everyone else.
That is when the match goes from not so good to baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

187x

Noob
i disagree with the wakeup part man. He has a billion wakeups not ass either

I'm sorry, are we talking about the same character...?

That would make sense if Superman didn't have an almost just as far reaching

That is when the match goes from not so good to baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
His wake-ups are bad. Lantern's NJ3 stuffs his wake up options except of rising grab which it actually trades with. Not to mention they're all very punishable so, bait and punish.

And "almost just as far reaching" is the point...almost.

And of course it's no good in the corner. With combo damage like that it's bad for everybody. But hey...there's pushblock.

EGP Wonder_Chef

His wake-ups are bad. Lantern's NJ3 stuffs his wake up options except of rising grab which it actually trades with. Not to mention they're all very punishable so, bait and punish.

And "almost just as far reaching" is the point...almost.

And of course it's no good in the corner. With combo damage like that it's bad for everybody. But hey...there's pushblock.

Of course if you NJ3 on his wakeup to make his wakeups miss he can just D2 combo you for 39% or MB B3 for huge damage. I think he can also dash punch away on wakeup.

Calling his wakeups bad is pretty insane, I don't even know how to argue that.

And F23 / B1 are almost the same range, PLUS every time you do B13 you have the risk of Superman backdashing and full combo punishing it for way more than you get for baiting that backdash.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
My biggest problem with this matchup is Superman's zoning. It's leaps and bounds better than Lanterns. Even if the GL is perfect and gets in only taking chip the Superman has gained meter, a health advantage and all GL did was make it even by getting to midscreen. This matchup isn't the death sentence it was pre patch but in my opinion it's 6-4 Superman.

Of course if you NJ3 on his wakeup to make his wakeups miss he can just D2 combo you for 39% or MB B3 for huge damage. I think he can also dash punch away on wakeup.

Calling his wakeups bad is pretty insane, I don't even know how to argue that.

And F23 / B1 are almost the same range, PLUS every time you do B13 you have the risk of Superman backdashing and full combo punishing it for way more than you get for baiting that backdash.
Dash punch gets stuffed.

But anyway, I'm really tired of debating whether a MU is 5-5 or not. Especially with a pseudo Lantern main. No matter what everyone will continue believing what they believe.

Time will either tell, or not.

lol why are you calling my GL into question

I got 17th out of almost 700 people at Evo with him, which is way better than you have ever done and probably ever will do.
Making it personal? Real nice.....

Of course it's better than I've ever done, I've yet to go to any tournament. Don't have a local scene and frankly things like jobs and families come before seeing who's better at a fighting game so traveling has been out of the question for quite some time. It's my hobby, but it's not my life.

Not only have you not played my Lantern, but you've never even seen it. Quite a bold statement, me not doing better than you, given that.

Seriously dude, brush the salt off. This started because I said a MU was even where you think differently. How petty.

By the way, I'm not calling your Lantern into question, I said you're a pseudo Lantern main. Sorry if you disagree with this as well, but I consider a main being the character you only play while in competition. Not one match here and there. That just makes you a sort of...jack of all trades I guess.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
haha the truth!

I still use him quite a bit, but there are a lot of matchups that I don't like using him in at all.

I used him in both of my games against Nubcakes at WNF last week (which I should be uploading right now!)

I've been thinking about going back to mainly using him now that I have some of his oki down better, but I'm scared of some matchups.
Who is this Nubcakes I keep hearing about. I heard his Batman is on the same level as mine. Is this true?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Who is this Nubcakes I keep hearing about. I heard his Batman is on the same level as mine. Is this true?
He gets top 3 at WNF almost every week and wins a lot of the time.

I would say he's on the same level as yours, but not a lot of people have played both of you guys in tournament (except for Scumbag Theo who uses Aquaman anyway!) so technically I can't prove it... YET!

Ashenar

He gets top 3 at WNF almost every week and wins a lot of the time.

I would say he's on the same level as yours, but not a lot of people have played both of you guys in tournament (except for Scumbag Theo who uses Aquaman anyway!) so technically I can't prove it... YET!
For your sake I hope he delivers. The last person who talked that much got mopped up. Btw I still see sbb on the back of milk cartons