What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
what is the timing for back 2 after the second spear in the void set up?
i know that you have do to do forward 4 almost instantly, but i can't get back 2 to work at all =/

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
what is the timing for back 2 after the second spear in the void set up?
i know that you have do to do forward 4 almost instantly, but i can't get back 2 to work at all =/
You're probably doing it to late. Watch scorpion as he pulls the opp toward them, you gotta hit it as soon as the recovery frames are over. What I did was hold back during the spear, then saw when he started to step back. Then it was all a matter of hitting 2, before he steps., its weird I know, but that's how I learned the timing.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Mothmonsterman0

You're probably doing it to late. Watch scorpion as he pulls the opp toward them, you gotta hit it as soon as the recovery frames are over. What I did was hold back during the spear, then saw when he started to step back. Then it was all a matter of hitting 2, before he steps., its weird I know, but that's how I learned the timing.
oh beef.....you never let me down =3 lol
thanks and scorpion is like my character of the week....i don't think i will ever have 3 set characters i play
and is it supposed to splat them? i can't get them to re lunch ='(

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
oh beef.....you never let me down =3 lol
thanks and scorpion is like my character of the week....i don't think i will ever have 3 set characters i play
and is it supposed to splat them? i can't get them to re lunch ='(
Don't use b2 in the first part.

11~ spear njp jk~tele dash f4 3~spear; b2

Lol you could have texted me and gotten faster results ;)

Mothmonsterman0

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
i feel dumb now...that was like an hour of my day going "what the fuck! i don't get this!" haha
thanks guys, and beef...get ready for scorpion mirrors ;)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
i feel dumb now...that was like an hour of my day going "what the fuck! i don't get this!" haha
thanks guys, and beef...get ready for scorpion mirrors ;)
Great.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Another set up I've been messing with is ending with f43~ tele. Creates a pretty interesting mix up situation in which you can go for a grab, crossover, f3 pressure, fuck up there wake up inputs,or go ballsy with d3 to see how they're blocking into b2(character specific). Or naked b2 as soon as you land next to them. Slips? Thoughts? Its gimmicky but hell, a lot of set ups are :REO

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Another set up I've been messing with is ending with f43~ tele. Creates a pretty interesting mix up situation in which you can go for a grab, crossover, f3 pressure, fuck up there wake up inputs,or go ballsy with d3 to see how they're blocking into b2(character specific). Or naked b2 as soon as you land next to them. Slips? Thoughts? Its gimmicky but hell, a lot of set ups are :REO
I use something similar that is 1,1,~spear~, njp, b2,jik,~teleport~, 3, ~teleport~, teleport. It puts me in much of the same situation with the same options. I personally don't mind using it sometimes. Slips told me when I presented him with mines that the void was better b/c it took the opponents option to wake-up, or roll. I personally like using things like this sub-zero or characters who's wake-up can be punished/blocked on reaction from roll distance. I did this once, but I think this builds less meter than mine.

Enenra

Go to hell.
What am I missing about the double spear vortex? I land he second spear, but do I have to wait to do the 50/50? I don't get why my F4/B2 whiff when it seems I execute the kombo successfully. Help?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
What am I missing about the double spear vortex? I land he second spear, but do I have to wait to do the 50/50? I don't get why my F4/B2 whiff when it seems I execute the kombo successfully. Help?

You have to do it right away, and it depends how they are blocking, i think. Set the AI to block high always, do F4 spear, njp jk tele F43 spear, F4 spear. That should work, and from there, you can learn the timing of the F43 spear, and apply that knowledge into different combos.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Youre most likely doing it too late. The timing can be kinda tricky at first, but once you land it once you'll get it. I know when I was learning, I was holding back while they were sliding on the ground, in attempts to hit 2 as fast as possible. But when I stopped doing that, and just started hitting b+2 as soon as possible, I started landing it every time. then I applied that to f4 and voila.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
How do you guys feel about ending a combo with 21? (eg. b2 JK into teleport 111 into spear JIP 21) I believe it creates the same 50/50 mixup as well. I just think it would catch people by surprise, most people only know the one that ends in teleport.

Thoughts?

SunnyD

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
How do you guys feel about ending a combo with 21? (eg. b2 JK into teleport 111 into spear JIP 21) I believe it creates the same 50/50 mixup as well. I just think it would catch people by surprise, most people only know the one that ends in teleport.
I dont understand, how will that make a 50/50?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I dont understand, how will that make a 50/50?
Well you can go for a f4 or b2 afterwards. I just mentioned this cause I thought it might surprise your opponent. I barely play Scorpion, so I wanted to know how everyone else felt about this kind of setup. I think f4 would catch them, and then you can go into a void setup.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Well you can go for a f4 or b2 afterwards. I just mentioned this cause I thought it might surprise your opponent. I barely play Scorpion, so I wanted to know how everyone else felt about this kind of setup. I think f4 would catch them, and then you can go into a void setup.
Why not just do more damage and go for the F21 teleport? i understand you're trying to catch opponents off guard with this, but the frame gap between 21 and any other follow-up is just to high. Ending with teleport allows you the frame advantage to do whatever you want, predictable or no having free license to all of Scorpion's pressure options is worth it.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Why not just do more damage and go for the F21 teleport? i understand you're trying to catch opponents off guard with this, but the frame gap between 21 and any other follow-up is just to high. Ending with teleport allows you the frame advantage to do whatever you want, predictable or no having free license to all of Scorpion's pressure options is worth it.
Squeaker101
What he said. A down poke will end that very fast, now what you can do , is after the teleport ender in the vortex go for a jump over punch and 21 and backdash. I like to do this to look for the opponents reactions plus you're still in f4/b2 range. Same premise as hitting the grounded tele and immediately stepping back instead of crossing over.,just another little mind game

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've been messing with f3 to end juggles cause it splats whenever it hits anyone airborn. It leaves scorpion with a ton of time to move around before the other player can wake up or tech roll regardless of screen position.

His basic bnb 11xx spear, njp, b2, JKxx teleport, f3 does 35%