What's new

Game is Unplayable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm more interested in how someone gets their wife to 1. Watch them play videogames and 2. play said videogame. My wife hates videogames. One time I thought she was totally into watching me play Civilization IV, but it turned out she had actually fallen asleep on the couch.
My bride hates Mortal Kombat and can't really stand in the same room or watch while i'm playing, imagine her face in Jan 17 during the reveal event, she left the run once the first Baraka KB appeared on Screen.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Some things people claim to be guesses aren't even 50/50s either.
Throw techs have a clear risk/reward when near the corner of which side you're gonna tech, for example.
When you're bad at any fighting game it'll look scrubby. The problem isn't the game on that case.

3kCle

Noob
[QUOTE="TheReal-Ex_Matt, post: 2543375, member: 62331"
But the fact that several people in this thread agree with my OP goes to show that I'm not just spewing toxicity.
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it is likely that the people agreeing with you are lower-level players who aren't able to adapt to the game and shut down the options of their opponents. One look at Ninja Killa's 100+ winstreak should be enough evidence that MK11 is not a random guessing game that forces you to use "scrub tactics" and that it is actually a very solid game in terms of fighting game fundamentals

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
every blocked jump in street fighter is a 50/50 between attack and grab too because they are plus and you are not, that's how it works. That's literally how fighting games work. Jump attacks are not punishable on block, it doesn't work this way. If Zangief gets ya then you better watch out! Or You can get shimmied, or well just about anything really.

Please understand fighting games better.
ya but you can actually antiair in streetfighter reactively, because footsies are relevant lol. Jumping is high level footsies in mk11, thats the difference.

Last edited:

3kCle

Noob
ya but you can actually antiair streetfighter, because footsies are relevant lol. Jumping is high level footsies in mk11, thats the difference
Jumping is incorporated at high level in every SF game, too, so I don't think I understand. His point is that every fighting game has mixups between throws and strikes, only in this one you can hard punish the mixups attempts by ducking or even jumping. In SF, you can jump a throw and still get AA'd on the way down, so in that sense, the 50/50 aspect is even more prominent in SF games.

Edit: Not taking a stance either way about mixups in MK or SF, I am just saying that complaining about strike throw mixups is complaining about the entire fighting game genre.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
I thought i was reading an mkx post for moment there. Just another low level player who claims to know fighting games.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Jumping is incorporated at high level in every SF game, too, so I don't think I understand. His point is that every fighting game has mixups between throws and strikes, only in this one you can hard punish the mixups attempts by ducking or even jumping. In SF, you can jump a throw and still get AA'd on the way down, so in that sense, the 50/50 aspect is even more prominent in SF games.
ok but there’s context missing. he’s trying to compre this game to sfv by ignoring context. Because he doesnt play either game at high level. This game, mk11, is jump, jump, jump like never before seen. Its harder to score a jump in to mix someone in a game like sfv where you can actually antiair, understand? its like saying im a formula 1 race car driver because my car has a steering wheel too like their cars

And Ya you can still get antiaired for jumping a throw in sfv. Which is why you just tech them, without having to guess which side theyre throwing you like in mk11 on top of already guessing if theyre gonna throw in the first place lol

Mk9? Good online play? Now that is a damn lot of nostalgia glasses even by this site standards That shit was unplayable as fuck
I never said it was good online play I said it was the most fun I had online.

Half of the people on my friends list on both systems I met through mk9 where as on x and even 11 it just not the same, people are more concerned with being volatile trolls than playing sets and having a good time.

At least in my experience

Even when I win but it was close and I want to play someone in a set after the ranked match I either don’t get a response or get a hostile one.

This happened a lot less to me in 9.

3kCle

Noob
ok but there’s context missing. he’s trying to compre this game to sfv by ignoring context. Because he doesnt play either game at high level. This game, mk11, is jump, jump, jump like never before seen. Its harder to score a jump in to mix someone in a game like sfv where you can actually antiair, understand? its like saying im a formula 1 race car driver because my car has a steering wheel too like their cars

And Ya you can still get antiaired for jumping a throw in sfv. Which is why you just tech them, without having to guess which side theyre throwing you like in mk11 on top of already guessing if theyre gonna throw in the first place lol
Well there is still context missing, considering I can get 250 off a s1 AA with Liu Kang but I only get 140 with a Ryu shoryuken, which makes sense considering one is more consistent than the other. Characters also have universal d2 AA, some can low profile with d3. Jumpins are less + in this MK making the followup much easier to interrupt than SFV. Jumpins are more common in MK than SFV, but I fail to see why that is such a bad thing when you are given options to hard punish them.

He mentioned MK9 as the best online experience; look for him under the nearest bridge.
I said it was the most fun online I(as in me.) have had, as being two different people living on planet earth, we are going to have different experiences and different opinions.

Don’t know why this would make you defensive.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Well there is still context missing, considering I can get 250 off a s1 AA with Liu Kang but I only get 140 with a Ryu shoryuken, which makes sense considering one is more consistent than the other. Characters also have universal d2 AA, some can low profile with d3. Jumpins are less + in this MK making the followup much easier to interrupt than SFV. Jumpins are more common in MK than SFV, but I fail to see why that is such a bad thing when you are given options to hard punish them.
Only of one those things can be done on reaction. No, “baiting” something is not on reaction. Jab aa in mk11 requires certain spacing, which requires you to sit still doing nothing but wait for jump. In sf, ryu is constantly moving around with the threat of antiair anywhere on the screen. He can throw a fireball or buffer a normal and recover to antiair dp, happens all the time. Thats real antiairs, not low profiling. Jumpins arent less plus MK11. They literally jail into double digit strings on block lol. Jump kicks can be easily up to plus 7 and higher too, even crossups.

Jumping isnt bad in mk11 because you have damaging punishes? Sure you’re given options to punish them hard.... in training mode. I could set the ai to jump in training mode and do the sickest punishes. In a real match you’re lucky if you’re d2 works ( which is about equal damage to dp by ryu, without the invicibility, speed, or execution). Let’s chill on the theory fighter stuff. Jump kicks are way too fast and way too high priority to just aa jab in general outside of halfscreen predictible jump ins. AA Jab is def possible but loses more time than it works at a lot of spacings

Last edited:
I never said it was good online play I said it was the most fun I had online.

Half of the people on my friends list on both systems I met through mk9 where as on x and even 11 it just not the same, people are more concerned with being volatile trolls than playing sets and having a good time.

At least in my experience

Even when I win but it was close and I want to play someone in a set after the ranked match I either don’t get a response or get a hostile one.

This happened a lot less to me in 9.
That's not a MK11 Issue, but a general internet issues. Times have changed, and now more people take fighting game seriously, and that makes salt sprout around. If Mk9 was released now, it would have the same amount of trashtalk and trolls

That's not a MK11 Issue, but a general internet issues. Times have changed, and now more people take fighting game seriously, and that makes salt sprout around. If Mk9 was released now, it would have the same amount of trashtalk and trolls
Lol I never had this kind of salt on sf5 man.

Mkx-mk11 made every ranked opponent seem like low tier god.

Status
Not open for further replies.