What's new

Game is Unplayable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
i mean, mk11 has plenty of 50/50s just of a different variety, are they gonna finish that string or stagger it, are they gonna MB or not, guess wrong and your eating a combo or Crushing blow, they just switched the guessing game from being overhead/Low :p
But that‘s every fighting game, guessing and making reads is a big part and most of the „guessing“ in mk11 comes down to not knowing the matchup or having bad reactions.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I've played fighting games online since they have existed, this is my first MK game that I made an effort to try and learn and it is by far the WORST online game I have ever played in my entire life. Fighting games are supposed to be about reactions and making reads on your opponent. This game is 100% guessing and 50 / 50 scenarios which is complete garbage. Basically skill level is irrelevant its all about who can get the first knockdown and guess correctly from there on out. My wife watches me play, never touched a fighting game in her life nor does she play video games. She actually beat someone by picking baraka and mashing buttons without a clue. Why is this possible? Because it was so unpredictable her opponent had no idea what to do and by the time he realized she was clueless it was too late. He guessed wrong a few more times and by then it was over.

There are literally 0 mechanics of a fighting game at play here. Its literally just an advanced version of rock paper scissors, but I guess thats what the modern fighting game is since you have to cater to people who are mentally challenged just so people will play your game. I tried to approach this game objectively and patiently as possible but its straight up trash.

Add all this up and combo it with the cesspool servers that support online play and I nearly put my arcade stick threw my TV. Seriously some of the crap I experienced in the last hour of online has been unbelievable that I actually have a headache from it.

I wish i knew some people that actually showered who I could play this game offline with, but I am not that fortunate.
wow what a total shit post. Your either the worst troll of all time or you know so little about fighting games that we should feel sorry for you and try to teach you rather than just laugh are arses off at the pure bullshit you are spewing.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
And every blocked jump kick is a 50 50 between mid and grab. It’s honestly hilarious that so many people think this game is some neutral masterpiece when it’s still a guessing game just better hidden.
every blocked jump in street fighter is a 50/50 between attack and grab too because they are plus and you are not, that's how it works. That's literally how fighting games work. Jump attacks are not punishable on block, it doesn't work this way. If Zangief gets ya then you better watch out! Or You can get shimmied, or well just about anything really.

Please understand fighting games better.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
This thread is a waist of time. I'll try to make it productive.
This game us not only about guess its about, Footsie, reads, wiff punishing, staggers, number of hit mix. The guess in this game compared to MKX is very honest. Literally every fighting game is built around mind games, reads and mix. That's what a fighting game is.

I'd take number of hit mix with heavy footsie focus over OH/Low unreactable mix that was in X any day of the year.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This game is 100% guessing and 50 / 50 scenarios which is complete garbage. Basically skill level is irrelevant its all about who can get the first knockdown and guess correctly from there on out.
He guessed wrong a few more times and by then it was over.
Its literally just an advanced version of rock paper scissors, but I guess thats what the modern fighting game is
I know you're a new member so I'll help you out. Let me direct you to the correct forum.

https://testyourmight.com/forums/mortal-kombat-xl.195/

I want to weigh in on this too, I personally have never taken NRS games "seriously" as fighting games, they're gimmicky and obscenely unbalanced, but they're fun as hell to play. In casual play (which is where I consider myself to be) the game is a blast to pick up with a friend and mash out simple chains at each other, with canceling into special moves adding some easy meat to the experience. Where these games fall apart is on the competitive level, where a few characters have easily exploitable moves that are spammed for the win (like Erron's shot in MKX). That being said, as unbalanced as the games are, strong fighting fundamentals will still get you through a large chunk of your matches.

I went into MK9 after being dedicated to Street Fighter IV, and my fundamentals there were a huge help in MK, even if the fighting system was completely different. There were still footsies, there was still zoning, you still had to play the same mind games of attempting to read and bait your opponent.

Every game has 50/50s, but one thing MK isn't is a button masher. If your wife beat someone while mashing with Baraka, then I believe that she must have been playing someone as new to the game as she was.

I have to agree that some mechanics feels underdeveloped (same with some characters). Flawless Block want to be the third strike parry, but still it's hard to land and i have to admit that i rarely use it and rearely i see my op using it. Maybe my rank is low, but by now pro players should just go flawless block the most known strings, but this is not happening yet.
The balance is ok between character in the same league, but there is too mutch difference between the tiers. And this is totally shit.
Hitboxes , whiffing etc, all true.. but overall, i am enjoing the game faaar more then "i am always in your face"mkx

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I want to weigh in on this too, I personally have never taken NRS games "seriously" as fighting games, they're gimmicky and obscenely unbalanced, but they're fun as hell to play. In casual play (which is where I consider myself to be) the game is a blast to pick up with a friend and mash out simple chains at each other, with canceling into special moves adding some easy meat to the experience. Where these games fall apart is on the competitive level, where a few characters have easily exploitable moves that are spammed for the win (like Erron's shot in MKX). That being said, as unbalanced as the games are, strong fighting fundamentals will still get you through a large chunk of your matches.

I went into MK9 after being dedicated to Street Fighter IV, and my fundamentals there were a huge help in MK, even if the fighting system was completely different. There were still footsies, there was still zoning, you still had to play the same mind games of attempting to read and bait your opponent.

Every game has 50/50s, but one thing MK isn't is a button masher. If your wife beat someone while mashing with Baraka, then I believe that she must have been playing someone as new to the game as she was.
you can't just say that every nrs game is unbalanced though. yes, mk9 was horrible in that aspect but you can't deny that mk11 is really well balanced for a launch version of a game. getting your win cheesed away by some bullshit happened wa more often in mk9 or mkx where you could loose even though you where the better player fundamentaly. mk11 tried to be way more competetive oriented and it does it's job pretty good imo. yes there is still bullshit but there hasn't even been a balance patch yet so calm down guys.

the game gives you a lot of options to practice your fundamentals, you can even fucking parry every string with a gap with every character so level up instead of whining about common FG mindgames.

Status
Not open for further replies.