What's new

Game Freezing Issues on XBL

Deleting the cache didn't work for me, although deleting and re-installing the patch seems to have done.

This is presumably going to be causing more disconnected matches until it's sorted for everyone.

I did email WBSupport before checking here; needn't have bothered, but will pass on anything new once they've replied.

Didn't the freezing thing not start for a while after the update game out? It took about 10 hours before I ran into the freezing problem. I fixed mine my re installing the update though i'm concerned the problem will soon return.

IvanP.M.

Noob
Same happened to me. the game started to freeze in practice mode. during loading and online, what i did, i went to the storage location injustice and deleted the update file after that i downloaded again, i've been playing since this afternoon and only happened once.

Also after the update i lost all my costumes and cant enter to the bonus features archives.
Two days straight and no freezing problem anymore, any news about recovering the costumes or acceding to the WB account?

IvanP.M.

Noob
Today i noticed that i'm stuck in level 50, yesterday i finish the story mode and reached level 52 but when i went to online mode i was level 50, i played a lot of matches and almost reach level 51, today when i went again to online multiplayer i noticed those points were gone and i was starting level 50 again, i think this is another issue after the update.

AdamWestDLC

Mayor of Quahog
Ever since I downloaded the patch last week I had been get freezes at the same points when I play the game sometimes. ( The game was not freezing at all in the week I played it before the patch/update )
Luckily I am fortunate enough not to get freezes during actual gameplay though.
The freeze ups don't happen all the time, but when they do happen it's always in the exact same places.

I have the 360 version of the game , installed on the hard drive.
I also have Red Son DLC. ( I wonder if owning any DLC at all can play a factor in the freezing. Not as many people are complaining about freeze ups as I thought they would be after the patch. So I am wondering if all people with no DLC are unaafected . Can anybody confirm )

My freeze up issues only seem to occur after booting up the game before the title screen/logos.
It freezes on the screen with all the text and trademarks with the small WB logo in the corner.
Also it sometimes freezes up after I have finished playing and when I exit to the 360 dashboard too.

After it freezes up the only thing left to do is turn off the 360 , as you cannot return to the dashboard.

These are the only times the game freezes up, not during the gameplay itself for me.
And Injustice is the only game that does this. The rest work fine.
This only started happening after I downloaded the patch last week.
Before then I had been playing the game pretty much everyday with no freeze ups what so ever.

I have tried deleting the game install and reinstalling it. I have also tried clearing the 360 cache. I have also tried manually deleteing the 7mb update in the system memory too. I also delted and re-downloaded my Red Son DLC too.

I am unsure if all this has made much difference because the freezes happen less often after doing all those steps above. But they can still happen it seems. ( still had a freeze up today at the same point)

Also i think whether game data was created before or after the patch MIGHT be a factor too.

I made a new account/gamertag to play the game with over the weekend, created a new save file and didn't receive a freeze up over the whole weekend.

But I went back playing my main account/gamertag ( with game data was created BEFORE the new update/patch ) , my game froze again when trying to go back to the dashboard.

Is anybody else experiencing these kind of freeze ups ?
Please let me know by replying on this thread.

So does having DLC have a factor in freezing ?
Also whether the game save data was created pre-patch or post-patch , have a factor in the freezing too ?

Mills

Born on a Monday
In the last few days it has only happened once again so I cleared the cache for the second time and it's been ok the last two days, Hopefully it'll be sorted on tuesday when Lobo comes out (I'm guessing there maybe update too?)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I hope nrs is in crisis mode trying to address how the game runs like garbage on ps3. It's really really bad. I hope ufgt isn't on ps3.

I have the same issues.. I even bought a new Xbox because I thought my old one was dying.. Every time it starts freezing I delete the update and clear the cache.. That seems to work until I turn off my Xbox.. I hope they fix this ASAP..

GreatRa0

Noob
What I meant is you CAN play offline on ps3, but it has terrible slowdown randomly and is a huge pile of shit and garbage. But the game does work offline, just not well.
Oh god this again, I admit the game does not look as good on ps3 but again I have both versions and I have put way more time into the ps3 version (mainly because that's the version most people have) and I don't know what your talking about with slowdown being unplayable. I notice no difference between the two in that respect. Graphics, yes, definitely, slowdown? Never experienced it....so...I dunno what to tell ya man. Every post I see you all you do is repeat how you think the ps3 version is unplayable and yet somehow, there are loads of people playing it perfectly ok. Weird huh.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Oh god this again, I admit the game does not look as good on ps3 but again I have both versions and I have put way more time into the ps3 version (mainly because that's the version most people have) and I don't know what your talking about with slowdown being unplayable. I notice no difference between the two in that respect. Graphics, yes, definitely, slowdown? Never experienced it....so...I dunno what to tell ya man. Every post I see you all you do is repeat how you think the ps3 version is unplayable and yet somehow, there are loads of people playing it perfectly ok. Weird huh.
First off looking at the sales numbers, majority of people are NOT playing it on ps3.
Secondly I have both systems and have no issues with either one, except that xbox is a lot more frail with hardware but better online IMO.
I also have the game for both systems.
I have played injustice at VSM on 4 different ps3s. Then at project Injustice on 5 different ps3's. Then my own at home so overall that's 10 different experiences on ps3. Old and newer models. I have also played the game now on 4 different xbox's. There is a noticeable difference in lag and slowdown on the ps3. The input delays is 2ms on plugged in controllers for one thing on ps3. But there is random slowdown which does not occur on xbox which to me makes it unplayable in a tournament setting. This has been confirmed by REO, Perfect Legend, Chris G, etc... It's not or people making it up. The game literally slows down when the processing becomes to much and this has happened to me and others during combos during tournament.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
Your anti ps3 propaganda is the true pile of shit.
The game does not slow down on all PS3s, but I have only seen it slow down on PS3. We're talking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than PS3 vanilla MvC3, and that was BAD. I have seen it slow down on 3 different systems, some of which are very new. This weekend during tourney matches, the game slowed down to what looked like 10fps in frame rate and speed as well. Were talking about EXTREME slowdown + EXTREME choppiness. I literally could not input Doomsday's 112 at one moment, only the 11 came out. It lagged on every stage. Had to switch to another console.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
It's not even consistent slowdown. On my PS3 I've only seen it with the watchtower sun stage, but like DandyJ said at that tournament it would do it on every stage we tried, whether due to scenery being destroyed or it just being a piece of shit. It's absolutely unacceptable and NRS' top priority should be finding out how to address this among other game breaking glitches. It's certainly not a good look for your game to fuck up matches on-stream.

Every time i get to the "do not turn off your console if you see this symbol" my console locks up. What do?

Edit: Tried deleting my save files thinking it might be a corrupted save. Nothing.

Edit2: got it to work by deleting everything :-(

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Odd, I too can't get past the loading screens. Hopefully I don't have to delete everything like Outlaw ...

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one...At first I was thinking maybe it's my Xbox, but after reading that most of you are having the same issues I can relax at least a little. I remember noticing the random hangs before and after the patch, so at first

I noticed there was an actual problem maybe 5 days ago when the game would lock up at the copyright information 100% of the time. I removed the install file for the game (not saves or patch) and all was well until today; when the game started freezing about 10 seconds into the title screen. I installed the game file again and now it freezes at the first loading indicator.

I wonder out of those of us that have had frozen consoles, how many had the game installed on their HD?

I'll try removing the update and post my updates.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Getting the freezing problem now too, 3 times it's locked up on the "do not turn off while autosaving" screen.

Apparently cleaning out the cache will fix this? Will I lose anything? XP/Costumes/Ect?

The Admiral

Just a no good grifter.
Today out of the blue I was having the same problem as the above posters, I found that deleting the patch information and re-downloading it seems to have fixed the issue.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
happened to me, I cleared my XBL cache, rebooted xbox and it worked, hope it all works for you too. try this it should work. Ever since i did so I never had the same problem