What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had no issues playing older games on Windows 10. I was even able to get Civilization II working with no issues, and that's technically a DOS game! I think the oldest game I play from Steam is Knights of the Old Republic, and it works fine.
Are they all through Steam though? What about non-Steam games?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Are they all through Steam though? What about non-Steam games?
Civ II was non-Steam. I've also run Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and Overwatch as non-Steam games, plus anything that has to be run through Origin, like Dragon Age. Never experienced any issues.

Civ II was non-Steam. I've also run Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and Overwatch as non-Steam games, plus anything that has to be run through Origin, like Dragon Age. Never experienced any issues.
StarCraft II, League of Legends, and Overwatch are new games though, the last of which was launched after Windows 10 launched; I expect them all to work.

I'm referring to older games, like Civilization II. Does that game support multiple resolutions, or is it looked at something below 640x480 (never played it).

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I can't remember. I only downloaded it to figure out how to get it to run on a modern machine for a friend. But it was originally a DOS game released in 1996, so it was extremely low resolution.

I can't remember. I only downloaded it to figure out how to get it to run on a modern machine for a friend. But it was originally a DOS game released in 1996, so it was extremely low resolution.
A quick Google search indicates that Civilization II naturally supports higher than 640x480, so that would be fine with Windows 10 from what I understand.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Well, no one gonna snitch on u or something :)
At that time, I was a kid when I played this. An old acquaintance gave me a pirated copy of D1. It's been some years ago that I stopped pirating the games. I used to play this with my old IBM PC. :)

And speaking about resolution, I remember well. It's 640x480p. This was the most basic back then. 5-10 years later, it became 1024x768p, and finally, we're here at the 1920x1080p.

At that time, I was a kid when I played this. An old acquaintance gave me a pirated copy of D1. It's been some years ago that I stopped pirating the games. I used to play this with my old IBM PC. :)

And speaking about resolution, I remember well. It's 640x480p. This was the most basic back then. 5-10 years later, it became 1024x768p, and finally, we're here at the 1920x1080p.
320x200; original DOOM's native resolution as I recall. Good times!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
320x200; original DOOM's native resolution as I recall. Good times!
Oh yeah. I was lucky to play these retro games. Even the rarest sci-fi RPG (Albion). I even remember this code from DOOM. IDDQD. :p

I thought Steam OS is already out?
At that time it was only for Steam machines. It wasn't out for the PCs. I hope they do it for the PCs. I heard about that only for Steam machines, and since then I never heard anything else about it.

I swear after everything will be finally sorted out about PC MKX, I wont take interest in any future NRS game. Communication is a torture, waiting for announcements is a torture, Boon trolls are torture, I`m sick of him and his stupid behavior. I cant imagine going through this hell again with Injustice 2 or anything.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Already started looking at some awesome skin mods just in case Boon decides to announce anything. No more of that fuckin ugly ass classic skins

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Do mods mess up online multiplayer or work fine?
The mods get installed on your side only and if you're playing online the other player can't see them.
There are more complex mods that alter move sets and the like, those don't work online, but simple skin swaps will never affect the way online is played.

Take a look at these ones that replace the dull Classic Skins we have:

Yea, I seen those mods. If MKXL hits PC and these mods don`t mess online, I will definetly use MK4 Shinnok and MK2 Raiden. Those are beautiful.

Are you also tired of waiting? When I get back from work I nervously check his twitter and steam forums for some news, and nothing, nothing for eternity.

How many weeks do you think is yet to news announcement?

AloneUA

getting over there
Are you also tired of waiting? When I get back from work I nervously check his twitter and steam forums for some news, and nothing, nothing for eternity.

How many weeks do you think is yet to news announcement?
Yeah, Boon is annoying. HEY GUYS ARE YOU READY FOR THIS AWESOME NEWS IM ABOUT TO ANNOUNCE? And then nothing...

Yeah, Boon is annoying. HEY GUYS ARE YOU READY FOR THIS AWESOME NEWS IM ABOUT TO ANNOUNCE? And then nothing...
Yea, he says there are big news and then shittweets about suicide squad and cat gifs for whole week.

It`s like that kind of guy who you have something important to do with, or await an important message from him, and he just smalltalks about weather, not giving a damn about you.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
If it gets announced, it'll happen when it happens. Best not to sit around hitting refresh on his Twitter page or anything.
I'm too busy to sit around and do that... I'm staking Boon's house to pounce on the opportunity to hit him on the back of his head with a stick #BanRVB #stick2OP :DOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.