What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

Marte

Noob
  • Slightly adjusted several characters collision regions while attacking while jumping
  • Fixed several jump attacks moving backwards slightly on hit
I can't play the game for at least a week, so I'm curious to know how these changes affected the gameplay. Are they just minor changes or something more?

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I only got in a few matches post patch but I actually experienced my jip whiffing more than it used to. This is with sub zero ji2 as well.

In my experimenting in the lab, jump in punches/kicks got SIGNIFICANTLY nerfed this patch.

For instance, Mileena's U3 beats out jax's jump in kick. This was never possible before. testing all kinds of jump ins and it seems as if jumping in for free is a thing of the past.

This seems like the biggest fundamental change to the game. One that i've been hoping for but never thought would happen.

I'm playing on the patched PS4 version, and a bunch of the listed changes haven't made it in. Specifically none of the moves that were supposed to be changed from mid to high have been adjusted. They all are still hitting mid. I also couldn't get Goro's punch walk to meter burn on the last hit. Anybody find anything else yet?

I'm playing on the patched PS4 version, and a bunch of the listed changes haven't made it in. Specifically none of the moves that were supposed to be changed from mid to high have been adjusted. They all are still hitting mid. I also couldn't get Goro's punch walk to meter burn on the last hit. Anybody find anything else yet?
I don't think you're playing on the patched version. On Xbone goro punch walk meter burns. and mid high changes were made.

Skedar70

Noob
I shouldn't have to spell this out

Kenjutsu 111 removal of gap is a fix

Kenjutsu bf3 and balanced bf3 going from -53 and -51 on whiff to -43 and -46 is like a fat kid who weighs 330 lb and is 5'2 losing 15 pounds and then thinking he's in shape

D3 now a low - cool now I get a poke that 90% of the cast has had since day 1.......sweet

And worthless b2 Kenjutsu, quite possibly the most frustrating buff yet. Because this move is fucking garbage. It's 27 frame OH that's minus a million on block and all they did to it is give it slightly tiny tad more push back on block and crushes an idiot opponent who tried to d1 it.

Yea man these "BUFFS" sent him straight from mid tier hell to the top

Based on all the games changes, other character changes , nerfs and buffs here and there Kenshi fell today further from where he should be . No one is gonna travel w this worthless shit character when the top tier get buffed and a hqt predator gets his one bar dmg changed from 50% to 48%
I see your point. Makes sense.

E

Eldriken

I don't think you're playing on the patched version. On Xbone goro punch walk meter burns. and mid high changes were made.
My PS4 is patched and Tremor's 2 is still registering and hitting as a mid instead of a high.

Reactions: TNS

XxDark_

Noob
In my experimenting in the lab, jump in punches/kicks got SIGNIFICANTLY nerfed this patch.

For instance, Mileena's U3 beats out jax's jump in kick. This was never possible before. testing all kinds of jump ins and it seems as if jumping in for free is a thing of the past.

This seems like the biggest fundamental change to the game. One that i've been hoping for but never thought would happen.
this is perfect

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

@Tony at Home rejoice.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Time to start playing some Sun/Blood God and Venomous again. When PC gets this patch in 6 months that is.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Really, really digging this patch. System Update on PS4 also mentions buffed netcode.

Jump-Ins are extremely more risky now. Thank you for this much needed change.

Shinnok still feels roughly around the same, good for those who still want to play as him in his Bone Shaper variation.

Also, while some characters got a bit shafted in this patch like Kenshi, most were brought up with the higher tiers. This is the most balanced the game has been. Could not be happier. This patch, IMO will keep MKX alive.

I'll have to test it when I get home, but I wonder if jump in kicks got their block advantage altered as well.

The original design of jump kicks was they had better range and could stuff more anti air and out spacing attempts, but at the cost of being negative unless they hit a blocking opponent deep.

I wonder if they've restored this balance, though I'm still really dam happy to know they aren't ridiculous anymore.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Really, really digging this patch. System Update on PS4 also mentions buffed netcode.

Jump-Ins are extremely more risky now. Thank you for this much needed change.

Shinnok still feels roughly around the same, good for those who still want to play as him in his Bone Shaper variation.

Also, while some characters got a bit shafted in this patch like Kenshi, most were brought up with the higher tiers. This is the most balanced the game has been. Could not be happier. This patch, IMO will keep MKX alive.
Is the netcode really improved? Don't toy with us!!!