What's new

Fujin Discussion Thread

By the way, which builds are you guys using on Fujin?
I am using sky wakka, airsenal, and wind push. Airsenal for the one bar combos and wind push for safety/screen control. It was tough dropping needle but I chose the wind kicks over it because of its damage, screen carry, and for its armor breaking ability.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
Is having the armor break worth losing the restand ender? I may have to give this a shot since the guy I run sets with loves breaking away from everything.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
Is there anybody that can give some tips on canceling Sky Wakka out of his B1121 string?
So the timing that works for me is inputting the cancel right after the 3rd hit of the sword on the enemy. As soon as it goes through their body dial in the input and then I've found you can pretty freely spam the Amp.

The old sky wakka optimal corner combo with the cancel no longer works on a few characters because the tornado always clips your opponent after the 42. It doesn't matter if you buffer the back input for the tornado, it will always clip. The characters that I found that the combo no longer works on are liu kang, kung lao, erron black, kabal, and noob saibot .

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
Is the description for Wind Barrier wrong or is the move bugged? It says "while in the air, Fujin can parry physical aerial and grounded attacks." I tried it with a small handful of moves that reach him while he is short hopping and it doesn't seem like any grounded attacks are parried by this move. I think it probably would be too good if it did, but I'm wondering if it is supposed to work that way.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Is the description for Wind Barrier wrong or is the move bugged? It says "while in the air, Fujin can parry physical aerial and grounded attacks." I tried it with a small handful of moves that reach him while he is short hopping and it doesn't seem like any grounded attacks are parried by this move. I think it probably would be too good if it did, but I'm wondering if it is supposed to work that way.
Which version were you trying to use? There are two versions of the barrier: forward and down-forward. As far as I can tell, forward only parries air-to-air attacks; you have to use down-forward to parry grounded attacks. It worked fine for me in brief testing, but the move doesn't feel remotely practical so I haven't labbed it a whole lot.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
Which version were you trying to use? There are two versions of the barrier: forward and down-forward. As far as I can tell, forward only parries air-to-air attacks; you have to use down-forward to parry grounded attacks. It worked fine for me in brief testing, but the move doesn't feel remotely practical so I haven't labbed it a whole lot.
Oh the move list shows the move twice but doesn't show any directional inputs. Thanks. Yeah I thought it was much better but it's only active for 15 frames so trying to time it seems like a bit of a crapshoot and you're punishable if they just block anyway.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Oh the move list shows the move twice but doesn't show any directional inputs. Thanks. Yeah I thought it was much better but it's only active for 15 frames so trying to time it seems like a bit of a crapshoot and you're punishable if they just block anyway.
Yeah, seems like a clear omission from the move list (another future 'move list corrections' patch fix).

And yeah, it's disappointing because the move seems good in theory. It's the only parry in the game that works on jump-in or air-to-air attacks, so it could be a unique advantage for Fujin. But it's just not practical. Your read and timing have to be perfect, and the reward you get from it is pretty small compared to how badly you can get blown up for missing it. The KB seems essentially impossible to get.

I also noticed you have to be in the air for a while before you can activate the parry. I was experimenting with divine wind (which lets Fujin float in place) plus the wind barrier to see if it was an effective anti-air option. But you have to float for a pretty long time before you can get an air move; input it too soon and you get a hop attack instead. So, pretty much impossible to parry a jump-in on reaction with it (unless you were already floating).

I can't recall ever seeing a high-level player land a wind barrier parry during a match.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Anybody here totally mastered B2 into Sky Wakka in the real match could you guys give me some tips? I found the link is quite tight and inconsistent, the timing is different on block and on hit, and different in ranges too. I'm really confused about it. You guys have any "universal way" to make it work consistency?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Anybody here totally mastered B2 into Sky Wakka in the real match could you guys give me some tips? I found the link is quite tight and inconsistent, the timing is different on block and on hit, and different in ranges too. I'm really confused about it. You guys have any "universal way" to make it work consistency?
Ehhh I also input sky wakka late animation of b2

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I try and input Sky Wakka the same frame that the B2 connects with the opponent. Works pretty consistently.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Thanks for you guys' replies @just_2swift @freerf245 @SparkySanders idk why but when I'm in the lab offline I can do it consistently now, but when I go Kombat League it becomes inconsistent due to the lag. Do u guys also encounter that problem? How do u guys handle doing B2 Sky Wakka online?

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Does fujin suffered greatly without sky Wakka.
I know it is one of the go to abilities for him but I'm wondering if he is usable without it

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
I know it is one of the go to abilities for him but I'm wondering if he is usable without it
Yes it does, sky wakka is one of the reason that makes Fujin top 5. Without it, Fujin will lack lots of combo potentials, anti air, anti zoning and neutral control.
Sky Wakka+Airsenal are the must, the last slot u can pick whatever, highly recommend either Warped Needle or Windpush, the rest abilities are quite inferior

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Lmao this character is still good without Sky Wakka, dudes acting like he's Shao tier without it

Yes it does, sky wakka is one of the reason that makes Fujin top 5. Without it, Fujin will lack lots of combo potentials, anti air, anti zoning and neutral control.
Sky Wakka+Airsenal are the must, the last slot u can pick whatever, highly recommend either Warped Needle or Windpush, the rest abilities are quite inferior
Fujin only needs Sky Wakka or Twister in order to get damaging combos without using setup tools like Turbulence or Pressure Bomb.
Wakka/Airsenal/Whatever is for sure the optimal loadout, but lets not pretend like the character isn't still hella good regardless.

The real star of the show since customs have been allowed has been Airsenal due to how well it synergizes with his tools.

Wakka/Airsenal/Twister if you just want maximum swag combo damage, though wiggle combos can be pretty tricky.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
What are Fujin's optimal meterless corner combos now?

I've been running Sky Wakka, Airsenal and Pressure Bomb but whenever I get someone into the corner I find myself pretty limited with what I can do as most strings (apart from B11212) when combined with tornado seem to clip the opponent and I'm not able to follow up with a full combo.

I think it was Hayatei who I saw use regular sky wakka into instant air tornado for corner combos but I can't seem to land these types of combo's consistently.

Also is pressure bomb useless when the opponent is in the corner? I've found that unless they take like a half step forward I run into the same problem with tornado clipping the opponent and it ending combos too soon.

Any advice?

What are Fujin's optimal meterless corner combos now?

I've been running Sky Wakka, Airsenal and Pressure Bomb but whenever I get someone into the corner I find myself pretty limited with what I can do as most strings (apart from B11212) when combined with tornado seem to clip the opponent and I'm not able to follow up with a full combo.

I think it was Hayatei who I saw use regular sky wakka into instant air tornado for corner combos but I can't seem to land these types of combo's consistently.

Also is pressure bomb useless when the opponent is in the corner? I've found that unless they take like a half step forward I run into the same problem with tornado clipping the opponent and it ending combos too soon.

Any advice?
For meterless corner combos? The only meterless corner combos you can get from starters 12, 42, and 11 is when you do the instant skywakka into tornado. However, b11212 can combo into tornado in the corner but you have to pay attention to spacing. If you are extremely close to opponent then you have to first back the tornado and then move it forward. If you are at max b11212 range then you have to move the tornado slightly forward. After you get the launch you can just do 12 ender but if you want to be optimal you can sneak at least two d1s in there. F3 into tornado also works in the corner but its also spacing dependent.