What's new

FRQ|Emperor Theo Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at MLG:Anaheim 2014!

Very disappointed in all the matches they basically forced everyone to do off stream. Needless to say the (terrible) MLG chat was pissed off.

It was a sick joke. Breaks after every single match, but god damn if they didn't hurry through that top 16 with the quickness.

They are the best trolls ever. Wish I could DDoS their website.
you remember mlg mk9? HYPE!!!!

sn1kzZe

Noob
I don't watch MLG events in general, but are you telling me every game they host on stream has that many frequent ads?

twitch > mlg

Slymind

Noob
Couldn't catch the finals(and the majority of the tournament for that matter), but, congratulations to everyone.

Special props to 16 Bit, single-handedly putting Catwoman on the map.

Wierd seem MLG getting so much vitriol, since in MK9 era, the tournaments were praised, was the main problem the adds? from the little i watched, the pause in-between games was ridiculous, which affects mostly who is watching, but was there something else for those who were there?

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Everyone keeps saying that, but not all of us were into NRS fighters before Injustice, so some of us really don't know how MK9 was at MLG
That was right when I got into NRS and fighting games again. The first really awesome major I remember was CEO and EVO 2011. Then Injustice came out and it was a wrap.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What happen to sonic fox and floe?
Didn't floe said he would palace top 8?

Contrats to pig for that solid top 8, and forever king Lurking in there too.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Uh granted the stream didn't get to see over half the matches, but I didn't hear a word about Floe playing today. Sonic Fox got eliminated in the top 16, can't remember by who. Forever King did his YOLO character switches. Again everyone just seemed kind of distracted, or busy in their own thoughts. Mind games they played I tell you.

I had work all day long and I missed the stream. But congrats to Theo and his hard work to make such an impact on this game and the community for it. Obviously the dude is a force to be dealt with. I wish I could've been watching, but shit happens. Seriously great to see you guys all stick through that disaster of a venue. And again. CONGRATS THEO and the EMPEROR crew.

-Stranger

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Doomsday still isn't viable once people learn to block him, guys.

Yet another Top 8 placement...

@Tm_whiteboi, you make the Doomsday Army proud.
It's about damn near impossible to block a constant barrage of d1 ES. Yeah you might get the majority. But eventually you'll get caught slippin, and then the pressure is on.

Ain't no pressure like Doomsday pressure.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I have no idea. Surely someone caught the matches on record. I'd expect at least a few up over the next couple days. Especially since stream missed 60% of them.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I don't really think there was a "beef" to begin with. More of a tiff due to stupid circumstances. And everyone started pointing fingers randomly.

As far as I know everything is cool. 16 Bit won some stacks tonight, Floe apologized, and Chris did the same but more passively. Someone started spreading it like the plague.

I mean it really was nothing more than just a little heated incident that dissipated not much longer after it started. And hell everyone looked chill on stream today from what I saw.

Last edited: