What's new

Frost moveset in MK11

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
What do you guys feel are her most iconic moves? That's a design theme that they mentioned with each character that they demo. I'd say the daggers definitely.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
What do you guys feel are her most iconic moves? That's a design theme that they mentioned with each character that they demo. I'd say the daggers definitely.
Definitely the daggers. I would say the ground ice as well but since that went to Sub I dont know if she will have it as well.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I have a feeling she's going to be using dual Khori daggers or short blades in her attacks. Subby has always had the bigger weapons to display his mastery over cryomancy to Frosts fledgling status.
I think she’s likely to have the daggers, at least a move or two given the variation system and they’re iconic as her weapon stance. I have a feeling they’re gonna think outside the box largely though. They’re putting in amazing work with every other character I’ve seen, no reason to doubt NRS at this stage.

As a long time Frost fan, I'm right there with you. I'm still not allowing myself to submit to the hype until she's officially confirmed. There's always a chance that FRO is a new character or there's errors with the steam leak. After all the rumors of her being DLC in MK9 followed by all the hope I had of her being in MKX, I've been disappointed too many times to get fully hyped just yet. I can barely contain myself though. Can't wait for a full roster reveal.
Lol l, for simplicity’s sake I keep talking like it’s a sure thing, but every time I finish there’s a voice of doubt in my head.

I need confirmation... gorram mobilekast next week :(

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I think she’s likely to have the daggers, at least a move or two given the variation system and they’re iconic as her weapon stance. I have a feeling they’re gonna think outside the box largely though. They’re putting in amazing work with every other character I’ve seen, no reason to doubt NRS at this stage.
I think this will be the case as well. She will have the daggers and ice moves but I think they going to add something totally different and out of the box to really make her unique and up her game.
One idea I have in my head is to give her a pet Arctic wolf that she can command into battle. Kinda like Quan chi's demon or Kazumi's tiger.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think this will be the case as well. She will have the daggers and ice moves but I think they going to add something totally different and out of the box to really make her unique and up her game.
One idea I have in my head is to give her a pet Arctic wolf that she can command into battle. Kinda like Quan chi's demon or Kazumi's tiger.
That's a pretty cool idea. If she's in, there's no way she won't have daggers. The only thing I don't really like, is it seems like there's lots of characters with daggers already since both Jade and Skarlet are using them in their Fatal Blows already.

I think I posted it already, but I'd love for her to have some cool command grabs especially since she was a sort of MMA-ish fighter in the comics. Having some freezing command grabs would be great. Also, women with wrestling moves are always welcome in fighting games, in my opinion.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
That's a pretty cool idea. If she's in, there's no way she won't have daggers. The only thing I don't really like, is it seems like there's lots of characters with daggers already since both Jade and Skarlet are using them in their Fatal Blows already.

I think I posted it already, but I'd love for her to have some cool command grabs especially since she was a sort of MMA-ish fighter in the comics. Having some freezing command grabs would be great. Also, women with wrestling moves are always welcome in fighting games, in my opinion.
Command grabs would be awesome, especially if they incorporate her ice somehow. Like if she grabs the opponent, forms and ice spike on her knee and slams their face into it, then flips them over head. Or she forms spikey ice gauntlets on her fists and grabs the opponent and just beats the shit out of them.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The steamDB leak is all but absolutely certain at this stage. The recent find that Geras’ wip handle was TER supports it. JAD of course. If that leak’s not true, I’ll eat this post.
Possibly, but "FRO" may not stand for frost, it could be a code/wip for someone else, just as TER was for Geras.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I agree with daggers, maybe she’ll be able to summon other smaller things, a spear maybe?

But I think they might ignore ground freeze and slide, redesigning everything else from they ground up. My suspicion tells me explosive power but with less focus/accuracy than sub. I also like the idea of turning to ice or ice-porting variations.

I mean look at Skarlet’s redesign... and she already had a larger one pool of associated specials. You really can’t tell what’ll happen. But if you’re open to change, it’ll probably be great.

I was literally just thinking maybe mini ice minions of some sort, like an animated ice sculpture. Possibly just arms out of the ground, or an ice sculpture that appears behind the opponent and grabs them (would probably be high/slow). Ice wolves would blow my mind-brain wide open tho, good call.

I love command grab chars, always have one in my repertoire, so that would be ideal. Amplify to freeze for full combo :DOGE just as long as it’s not a high. High cmd grabs are irritating, I’d rather they be balanced in any other way.

Possibly, but "FRO" may not stand for frost, it could be a code/wip for someone else, just as TER was for Geras.
Yeah we mentioned it above... we’re trying to temper hype with uncertainty, but it’s hard.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The palette swap ninjas looked similar, but had very different personalities and abilities. That's not the case for Frost/Sub Zero, Frost is just too similar in concept to SZ. I mean they're even from the same clan, and their moves revolve around ice.
Frost's personality is dramatically different than Sub's, she's completely her own character. She actually makes Sub Zero more interesting by adding conflict. For their powerset, Supergirl and Superman had the exact same powerset too but they were completely different. Smoke and Scorpion were almost identical at one point but they made him unique later.

I think people are just trying to get creative with reasons to hate Frost. It's like "Frost is a gimmicky character with no personality, give me that lizard ninja who's never won a lore fight or the rock ninja!"

Last edited:
Honestly i hope they give her a complete redesign. I realize the character has a lot of fans that like her as Sub-Zero with bewbs but i am all for unique characters. Say what you will about D'vorah for instance, but there is no other character like her in MK or any other fighting game for that matter. I wish i could say the same about Frost. But she is making her return after 12 or so years. i have faith NRS will change her for the better.

aj1701

Noob
Frost's personality is dramatically different than Sub's, she's completely her own character. She actually makes Sub Zero more interesting by adding conflict. For their powerset, Supergirl and Superman had the exact same powerset too but they were completely different. Smoke and Scorpion were almost identical at one point but they made him unique later.

I think people are just trying to get creative with reasons to hate Frost. It's like "Frost is a gimmicky character with no personality, give me that lizard ninja who's never won a lore fight or the rock ninja!"
Her personality is a cliché. She's just there to add more depth to SZ's character, and NRS has a habit of trying to create new characters just for the sake of new characters. I can't comment on SG/SM, I don't play INJ, but Frost in the past has played like a girl SZ. There are just some characters from the 3D era they should just give up on, I just think Frost is one of those.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Her personality is a cliché. She's just there to add more depth to SZ's character, and NRS has a habit of trying to create new characters just for the sake of new characters. I can't comment on SG/SM, I don't play INJ, but Frost in the past has played like a girl SZ. There are just some characters from the 3D era they should just give up on, I just think Frost is one of those.
Alright dog I get it, you don't like the character.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Maybe her hair is just ice and that’s why she is bald in the leak. Maybe hair attacks like Sindel? You could do some sneaky shit with instant head spikes.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Someone pointed out that all gear wasn't shown in those portraits, so most likely her hair is part of her gear.
True that makes the most sense. I remember another leak saying she was revamped completely. I’m wondering if they just meant looks and different gears. She certainly looks “revamped” lol.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
With the footsies emphasis and leaning towards characters with midrange I kind of expect her to fight with a wide variety of ice sculpted weapons like Gray from Fairy Tail anime. Is it what I want? Not particularly. Is it what I expect? Kind of. Am I sure NRS will make her separate enough from Sub to be great? Absolutely.

Edit: Thinking about it I'm more concerned she'll be too much like the newly revamped Scarlet than Sub-Zero, lol.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
SO, now having seen a glimpse of how she looks in game I feel like she has a more sci-fi vibe than traditional ninja. While I do not think she would be full blown "cyborg" she could have more high tech based weaponry such as cryo-grenades, cryo-pistols etc. Mixed with her own cryomancy as well.

Anyone else get the sci-fi vibe? Of course this is all just blind speculation.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
SO, now having seen a glimpse of how she looks in game I feel like she has a more sci-fi vibe than traditional ninja. While I do not think she would be full blown "cyborg" she could have more high tech based weaponry such as cryo-grenades, cryo-pistols etc. Mixed with her own cryomancy as well.

Anyone else get the sci-fi vibe? Of course this is all just blind speculation.
Yeah, I posted something similar in some thread somewhere. After the steam leak, I surmised that she may be the recipient of Captain Cold's moves from Injustice, but didn't give it much thought. Seeing a glimpse of her current outfit, it wouldn't surprise me to see her wielding some ice technology. I think it's a real possibility that she may have a combination of Cyber Sub and Captain Cold's moves.

To be honest, I hope not. My nostalgia goggles are always on, and I just want to play classic Lin Kuei Frost. Hopefully they have some costumes and moves that reflect that.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Haven't seen anything besides her unfinished head with a glowy... possibly hi-tech mask... not enough to go on but who knows. She could have gotten sick of Sub and sought a quick and dirty power upgrade from the remains of the cyber-initiative. Or by siding with Noob Saibot. Or any number of other sources that power hungry, undisciplined people turn to the dark side for because it offers fast and easy means of acquiring power but they always leave out the actual cost of that power.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm calling it now, when you select Frost she'll run her hand over her head and create her hair.
Ice hair? hmm lol Or more Frosted. :p

Anyway, I hope she has Sub's oldschool movies that we haven't seen in like a decade lol. Ice Shower, original MK 2 puddle, perhaps an ice teleport similar to Glacius and enhanced version she can uppercut you for a combo similar to Sektor's in MK 9's teleport punch. I'm hoping she'll play like that and not so much ice weapons, I feel Sub already has that all over the place.