What's new

Frost moveset in MK11

SubZeroIce

Runway
Watch her be top tier while I harvest salt from y’alls frosty (but not quite frozen!?!) tears.

One of her Fatalitys is a full length air guitar rendition of Adema’s Deadly Alliance theme, and everyone (myself included) will perform it every time.

Now get this hate outta here or imma get real nasty:DOGE

Srsly tho, I’m not worried about design, NRS is looking on point in 11. I’m just hoping they give her character a bit more depth.
If they really are bringing her back, they better revamp her look completely, give her totally different moves and better fataities. Her one Fatality was something Sub-Zero's already did in MK2,

It upsets me that they're letting in such a boring character who's story is solely dependent on ONE character but if they really wanna waste a slot, I'm glad it's on a female character.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
If they really are bringing her back, they better revamp her look completely, give her totally different moves and better fataities. Her one Fatality was something Sub-Zero's already did in MK2,

It upsets me that they're letting in such a boring character who's story is solely dependent on ONE character but if they really wanna waste a slot, I'm glad it's on a female character.

Also for those interested here's her backstory:

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Hopefully the do something awesome with her, I don’t mind her being a shithead still, but I’d like to see her not betray Sub. It would genuinely be more unexpected and interesting if she could actually overcome her anger. I would think SZ could could relate to her too, he wasn’t always so level headed and good hearted, when we were first introduced to him in MK9, he was going there to tear Scorpion’s spine and would’ve done so if it wasn’t for the cyborgs showing up. It wasn’t until he killed Sektor and got control of the Lin Kuei that he found peace, Frost isn’t so different from him.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
It's not just that her power set is so similar. That's actually the least worrisome thing, IMO. I trust NRS to be able to create two different characters with ice powers who use those powers completely differently.

It's that on top of her powers being stolen from Sub, her everything else is stolen from him too.

Lin Kuei? Check.
Blue color scheme? Check.
Last seen literally wearing Sub-Zero's own costume? Check.
Story irrelevance outside of her relationship to Sub-Zero? Check check check.

The number of MK characters she has ever interacted with? Three. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Cassie Cage. The end. You want spicy pre-battle intros based on pre-existing rivalries? Sorry, these are all gonna be generic brand because she ain't got history with anyone.

We know her backstory thanks to the comic, it's boring as fuck. Street urchin, MMA fighter, blah blah blah. She has no intrinsic story hooks. She's not in a position of authority where she can challenge anyone or have interesting rivalries. She's literally just Sub-Zero Jr. at this point. Everything about her is totally redundant, except for the parts where Sub-Zero is from an ancient clan of warriors with a blood feud against the Shirai Ryu... and Frost is an MMA fighter. That part's not redundant, it's just shitty.

Let's say there's some Lin Kuei chapter and you're gonna be able to choose whether you want to play as Sub-Zero or Frost, INJ2 style. Because that's the most useful way she could possibly contribute to the story. Now I want you to search your heart. Dig deep in there, and be honest. If you could pick a character for Sub-Zero to spend an entire chapter interacting with, for maximum story value and entertainment value... wouldn't you rather pick Smoke? Noob? Sektor? Cyrax? Kenshi? Takeda? Quan Chi? Fujin? Those combinations all sound infinitely more interesting.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and my cynicism is misplaced.
I mean, it is literally misplaced. This is her moveset thread. Could’ve ended after paragraph 1

If you’re looking for her “wah but I wanted x!” thread. There’s plenty of those out there too.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
:( ok i delet
Lol I was half joking, no ill will intended.

I am just a bit tired of trying to get hype for a character I’ve wanted back for 4 games only to constantly hear others complaints.

Like, I’ve mained Reptile and Ermac since their inception. You don’t hear me complaining that their spots have been taken by anyone. Just find a character you DO like and let’s get hype together! :)

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'm really hyped AF for Frost. At first I didn't really care, but the more I think about her, the more I wanna see/play and follow her!

Of all the characters, I'm most devoted to see Frost now, what could they do with her? What will her story be?

My hopes are the ice-shower and ice clone moves (ice clone suits her vain nature), and an ice kiss fatality.
I hope you can change her hair, I love the blue hair, the icy hair, but some other styles would also be cool.

I wouldn't like Frost to be a good girl, I want her to be evil, or a ally of Kronika, BECAUSE, you'know, ice = cryostasis material, which influence TIME, and that is in Kronika's interests.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I'm really hyped AF for Frost. At first I didn't really care, but the more I think about her, the more I wanna see/play and follow her!

Of all the characters, I'm most devoted to see Frost now, what could they do with her? What will her story be?

My hopes are the ice-shower and ice clone moves (ice clone suits her vain nature), and an ice kiss fatality.
I hope you can change her hair, I love the blue hair, the icy hair, but some other styles would also be cool.
I honestly didn’t see it coming. Despite a cameo in mkx and comic, I seriously assumed she’d be given the perpetual dirty.

I’m mostly hoping she’s a badass in story mode, finally getting some development. I kinda hope Kuai Liang actually finishes teaching her to control the rage for the most part, but maybe it breaches while she fights or is heightened, (explosively/icesplosively even, possibly). Could be a fun dynamic that distinguishes her moveset from sub a bit.

Interesting to me that people are nondescript in which sub she’s a “clone” of. She always seemed way more Bi Han than Kuai, with the treachery n’all. Wonder if there’s something there... can’t be many Earthrealm cryomancer bloodlines right? Could be fun if so and Noob were in....

Eh, who knows. Maybe she’ll get jobbed... I’d just be glad to play a version that’s fleshed out to modern NRS standard.

Cassie Cyrus

I wouldn't like a good girl version of Frost, we already have Sub-Zero as the good-natured ice user, if there are two ice users I hope they aren't both good-guys, I'm in general more interested in evil characters.

I hope Kronika approaches Sub-Zero because she is intrigued with his ice based powers, but Sub-Zero turns her down as he is a goodguy, then Frost approaches Kronika after overhearing the conversation and offers her powers to her, becoming one of her most loyal and awesome allies. Using her ice powers to freeze people/enemies in time so they can be used later.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I wouldn't like a good girl version of Frost, we already have Sub-Zero as the good-natured ice user, if there are two ice users I hope they aren't both good-guys, I'm in general more interested in evil characters.

I hope Kronika approaches Sub-Zero because she is intrigued with his ice based powers, but Sub-Zero turns her down as he is a goodguy, then Frost approaches Kronika after overhearing the conversation and offers her powers to her, becoming one of her most loyal and awesome allies. Using her ice powers to freeze people/enemies in time so they can be used later.
See, to me, that sounds like a one-way road to jobbing. The big bad’s goons almost never win.

Don’t get me wrong, I love (and main) some of the mk jobbers, just don’t want that for Frost on her first entry in the new timeline.

I normally gravitate towards the bad guys too, but reformed/allied bad guys can be just as cool.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'd love for her to actually succeed in taking the Lin Kuei away from Sub this time around. Succeeding in this timeline where she failed in the last. Possibly with Kronika intervening on her behalf. This would also give Sub a nice arc as he will have to accept his shortcomings as a leader and go against his greatest student. Likely leading to the Sub and scorpion team up that's been brewing for years.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I think she will have quite a few moves that Sub had in IJ2. Polar puncture (mid please), ice teleport, possibly even ice divekicks. Her iceball probably only combos on amplify. If she gets a slide that low profiles (mileena ball2.0) she could be main material.

Yes, I know they could have just given all these moves to Sub, but they clearly wanted to save some stuff for her.

Cassie Cyrus

I would like one of her intros to be like this: You see an ice statue/clone of Frost and she appears behind it, touching it sensually with her fingers as if she is loving/admiring herself, then looks very arrogantly into the camera as the statue melts away quickly.

aj1701

Noob
It's lazy to label some of these characters as gimmicky clones(some of whom simply are not btw) while defending the ninjas just because they are popular
The palette swap ninjas looked similar, but had very different personalities and abilities. That's not the case for Frost/Sub Zero, Frost is just too similar in concept to SZ. I mean they're even from the same clan, and their moves revolve around ice.

Also, is the actually in the game, or is all this Frost talk still just speculation?

Last edited:

SubZeroIce

Runway
The palette swap ninjas looked similar, but had very different personalities and abilities. That's not the case for Frost/Sub Zero, Frost is just too similar in concept to SZ. I mean they're even from the same clan, and their moves revolve around ice.

Also, is the actually in the game, or is all this Frost talk still just speculation?
It was leaked in the steam list that she was in. Unless "Fro" is a code for something else (which I hope it is).

I can't see them giving Frost 10-15 specials and not share at least half with Sub-Zero. Off the top of my head, they could give her Ground spikes (like SZ's fatality in MK3), Use the daggers to slash... idk. I think she'll be one of Kronika's angels or whatever they're called.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte

The steamDB leak is all but absolutely certain at this stage. The recent find that Geras’ wip handle was TER supports it. JAD of course. If that leak’s not true, I’ll eat this post.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Considering there's tons of time shenanigans going on, I think it'd be cool if Bi-Han comes back, and Frost betrays Kuai Liang to join with his brother instead who's much more ruthless.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
It was leaked in the steam list that she was in. Unless "Fro" is a code for something else (which I hope it is).

I can't see them giving Frost 10-15 specials and not share at least half with Sub-Zero. Off the top of my head, they could give her Ground spikes (like SZ's fatality in MK3), Use the daggers to slash... idk. I think she'll be one of Kronika's angels or whatever they're called.
Ice is an extremely versatile element so the possibilities for her moveset are endless. Ice pillars that stop projectiles, any kind of weapon she wants to form, swirling blizzard projectile, frozen runes, snow globe (like captain cold), teleports etc. They can easily make her play totally different from Sub. Not to mention throwing some her arrogant personality style in there to further differentiate.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Considering there's tons of time shenanigans going on, I think it'd be cool if Bi-Han comes back, and Frost betrays Kuai Liang to join with his brother instead who's much more ruthless.
For sure, I feel like he could better coach her to channel her power in a way that doesn’t frustrate her too. A dangerous and deadly path, but could be great fun.

I’m so excited about the potential in this game. Gotta keep myself in check.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I have a feeling she's going to be using dual Khori daggers or short blades in her attacks. Subby has always had the bigger weapons to display his mastery over cryomancy to Frosts fledgling status.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
For sure, I feel like he could better coach her to channel her power in a way that doesn’t frustrate her too. A dangerous and deadly path, but could be great fun.

I’m so excited about the potential in this game. Gotta keep myself in check.
As a long time Frost fan, I'm right there with you. I'm still not allowing myself to submit to the hype until she's officially confirmed. There's always a chance that FRO is a new character or there's errors with the steam leak. After all the rumors of her being DLC in MK9 followed by all the hope I had of her being in MKX, I've been disappointed too many times to get fully hyped just yet. I can barely contain myself though. Can't wait for a full roster reveal.