What's new

Frost moveset in MK11

FROST MOVESET

Slippery When Svelt: "Frost shots an ice projectile from her head"
(Amplify: freezes opponent)

The Bald and the Beautiful: "Frost rubs her friction-less pate, imbuing herself with ice armour, reducing damage"
(Amplify: incoming attacks do not collide with / clip through Frost's hit-box)

Hairless Harlot (command grab): "Frost grabs opponent and plucks their body clear of all their follicles, lowering their defence for a time"
(Amplify: also drains health)

Ice, Ice Baldy (counter): "Frost dances a carefully choreographed, 90's B-boy girl jig, beckoning her opponent to attack her, and then instantly counter attacking"
(Amplify: counter attack becomes a Krushing Blow)

Mrs. Sheen: "Frost uses her shiny, smooth noggin to reflect projectiles back at opponents"
(Amplify: more active frames)

Ice Cream Dome: "Frost spins on her head to create a pool of slippery ice cream before her, causing opponents to lose footing when entering the puddle"
(Amplify: ice cream pool is larger and melts more slowly)

Smooth Cranium (*Babality): "Frost turns her opponent into a prepubescent child"

Rub it and it Will Come (*Animality): "Frost turns into a hairless seal and slaps her opponent to death with her flippers"

Source: Ed Boon‏ @noobde

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Yeah, I posted something similar in some thread somewhere. After the steam leak, I surmised that she may be the recipient of Captain Cold's moves from Injustice, but didn't give it much thought. Seeing a glimpse of her current outfit, it wouldn't surprise me to see her wielding some ice technology. I think it's a real possibility that she may have a combination of Cyber Sub and Captain Cold's moves.

To be honest, I hope not. My nostalgia goggles are always on, and I just want to play classic Lin Kuei Frost. Hopefully they have some costumes and moves that reflect that.
The nostalgia is heavy with me as well and I hope we get some nods back to her original version that we know and love. HOWEVER, it's been 12 long years since she was last playable and the dev team is so much more creative and willing to take risks these days. So I try to keep an open mind with any changes they give her since I knew going in that she was gonna be heavily reworked.

I'm just happy she is finally back and I love what I've seen so far. In fact the bald head has really grown on me and I hope it remains an option in the final build (reminds me of the Borg queen from Star Trek)

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I’m officially full hype now. As much as I’d like it, I don’t even need the hair.... Frost is actually playable!! I know steam leak gave us the heads up, but it’s still hell-frozen-over level shit.

I hope they reveal her properly soon.... I’m jonesing over here

Either way, I’m in. First character I try. And imma try real hard to make her work for me.... (lol been burnt too many times before to commit 100% based on a thumbnail)

I’m probably gonna secondary Kotal/Geras/Shao either way... cuz I love a big body too. Scorpion/Noob as obligatory palette swap. Might try Jacqui too because I love salt.

Reptile/Ermac absence is really making me diversify, and I like it.

What are your hopes for Frost? Who are you hoping to secondary (mu permitting)?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I’m officially full hype now. As much as I’d like it, I don’t even need the hair.... Frost is actually playable!! I know steam leak gave us the heads up, but it’s still hell-frozen-over level shit.

I hope they reveal her properly soon.... I’m jonesing over here

Either way, I’m in. First character I try. And imma try real hard to make her work for me.... (lol been burnt too many times before to commit 100% based on a thumbnail)

I’m probably gonna secondary Kotal/Geras/Shao either way... cuz I love a big body too. Scorpion/Noob as obligatory palette swap. Might try Jacqui too because I love salt.

Reptile/Ermac absence is really making me diversify, and I like it.

What are your hopes for Frost? Who are you hoping to secondary (mu permitting)?
Really hoping she has some classic gear/outfits since I love the traditional Lin Kuei look she used to have, and I just hope she's not TOO overhauled. I just don't want to see her cyberized or using guns or something.

My secondary is definitely Erron Black though. I'm super pumped he made it in. Unless it's like a 1-9, I'm not afraid of bad matchups, so it's not a big deal. I'll also have to try out Mileena if she makes it in, but just having Frost and Erron is more than enough for me. My hype is through the roof.

KCJ506

Noob
It astounds me that Frost haters around the net keep similar "Sub-Zero clone" as a reason to dismiss her despite the fact that the Injustice games had characters with similar powers yet played differently.

Or saying that we only need one ice user, but seemed to have no problem having both Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero or having like three characters that use fire.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Really hoping she has some classic gear/outfits since I love the traditional Lin Kuei look she used to have, and I just hope she's not TOO overhauled. I just don't want to see her cyberized or using guns or something.

My secondary is definitely Erron Black though. I'm super pumped he made it in. Unless it's like a 1-9, I'm not afraid of bad matchups, so it's not a big deal. I'll also have to try out Mileena if she makes it in, but just having Frost and Erron is more than enough for me. My hype is through the roof.
Never played Erron but like the design, thought he fitted right in, and glad he’s back for his fans :)

I’d definitely try Mileena too. Not sure what to make of Shinnok Mileena Shang rumour. Any idea what was the source?

I’m pretty confident NRS wants to see less counterpicking, hopefully the balance lends itself to character loyalism...

KCJ506

Noob
I’m pretty confident NRS wants to see less counterpicking, hopefully the balance lends itself to character loyalism...
One easy way to avoid counterpicking is to make things like other fighters and so that people can't see who the other person picked until the match is about to start.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
One easy way to avoid counterpicking is to make things like other fighters and so that people can't see who the other person picked until the match is about to start.
For the first match that works. If you’re a loyalist that’s all you get from an initial hidden select, which is normally a selectable option regardless.

I have no real issue with it being default online though.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
So, assuming that’s Frost... which seems entirely likely....

It’s not what I expected, but I’m digging the look. Can’t wait for more details. Real curious about customization options now...

Has there been anything Frost specific today besides story trailer? Didnt see anything in the KK and I haven’t watched the Johnny intros yet...

Law Hero

So, assuming that’s Frost... which seems entirely likely....

It’s not what I expected, but I’m digging the look. Can’t wait for more details. Real curious about customization options now...

Has there been anything Frost specific today besides story trailer? Didnt see anything in the KK and I haven’t watched the Johnny intros yet...
Other than the glimpse in the trailer, not yet. Every little piece of info we get on her makes me more and more worried that they're going to change her too drastically for my liking. I really hope they don't go overboard with the new design.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'm like 85% sure at this point that she is going to be some kind of cybernetic. I'm actually pretty hype for this. So anxious to see how she plays. I'm also very curious why and how she is allied with Kronika. Maybe she was forced into getting cybernetic augments and wants them reversed or she willingly got them in order to be an equal match with Sub Zero.

Law Hero

I'm like 85% sure at this point that she is going to be some kind of cybernetic. I'm actually pretty hype for this. So anxious to see how she plays. I'm also very curious why and how she is allied with Kronika. Maybe she was forced into getting cybernetic augments and wants them reversed or she willingly got them in order to be an equal match with Sub Zero.
I was thinking that Geras is kind of like a golem with (probably) no free will, so maybe Kronika cyberized Frost in order to enslave her into some kind of unthinking and/or unfeeling machine minion.

Lokheit

Noob
Yeah it makes little sense that someone of Frost's "rank" would be right there with those two like a high profile characters.

I guess the hooded figure could still be Mileena though...

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Yeah it makes little sense that someone of Frost's "rank" would be right there with those two like a high profile characters.

I guess the hooded figure could still be Mileena though...
No. Its Frost. The mask is identical to the one Frost is wearing in the leaked roster picture. Plus the colors on her arm armor match the colors of her armor seen in the leaked pic plus the skin on her hand is a light blue shade...again matching the pic we have already seen of Frost.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Give her the ice clones
I was gonna say this, what a slap in the face to Brady...I died laughing thinking about it and the 600+ threads and podcasts we would see surface, the Brady chronicles if you will.

In all seriousness: government her teleport and some tick throws that freeze opponent for a quick follow up ranging from 10%-20% or 100/1000 to 200/1000 damage. Don't allow it to be special cancelable just an extension of a few basic hits after including Ice picks or something.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I always wanted to try her in older MK games, but due of my long slumber it wasn't possible. Hope they work her a bit, so that I may try her. She's one of the potential mains besides Sub Zero.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
if you look closely, Frost's lower body in the leaked image looks like its been Cyberized! could she possibly lead the next Cyber Lin Kuei?

Reactions: Zev

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
So now that it's been all but confirmed that Frost will indeed be a Cyborg we have a better idea of how she may play. I think she may be a mix of her own previous style (ice daggers) and a spiritual successor to Cyber Sub Zero. She may inherent his divekick and advanced slide and maybe even the bombs? I also expect to see some Tekunin assists, at least in one "variation". What do you guys think?