What's new

Frost General Discussion

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Sorry for the double post, but do you guys every use the KB Drill Auger ever? If it's good, let me know, but I just can't seem to justify wasting so much meter at the end of combos for just a little extra damage/carry. Especially because you need that meter to actually combo.
It pops up so like her other KBs in the midscreen, you dont get much other than B2~BF4 after the launch.
But in the corner, I posted a nifty double KB combo using uppercut and Auger. Its very situation specific, like most of her stuff involving KB but its good damage. Even if you remove the D2(KB), you can do some seriousl damage in the corner (like around 400 im guessing but i need to test it out)

It's pretty much a free kb because you are going to land a lot of max range b22 and the best option is to confirm augur. Also if you save your kbs you can do some sick last round stuff.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I dunno what you guys think but Im loving her corner pressure.
Doing a combination of these different strings really fucks ppl up (with Ice Machine):

B2 = --4 on block
B22 = -5 on block

Once conditioned, you can mix it up with this if they try to poke after B2 or B22:

B2~DB2B (the close arching projectile) = Its -9 on block but the pushback makes it safe
B22~DF2 (blade spins) = -4 on block, does great chip. A lot of ppl try to punish it only to eat a poke & ur back in
B22~DB4(amp) = risky but full combo in the corner
B2212 = risky but catches people that expect you to stop at B22, and a KB in the corner with this string is amazing

Ive legit had ppl ask me to use a different string LOL

Also, I found throwing in some 344 or 3442 or 344~DB4(amp) is also great.
The 1st is -5 on block, the second is -8 but the pushback makes it hard to punish and the third is for a full combo if they think you will stop at 344 or if they dont expect the double lows.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I dunno what you guys think but Im loving her corner pressure.
Doing a combination of these different strings really fucks ppl up (with Ice Machine):

B2 = --4 on block
B22 = -5 on block

Once conditioned, you can mix it up with this if they try to poke after B2 or B22:

B2~DB2B (the close arching projectile) = Its -9 on block but the pushback makes it safe
B22~DF2 (blade spins) = -4 on block, does great chip. A lot of ppl try to punish it only to eat a poke & ur back in
B22~DB4(amp) = risky but full combo in the corner
B2212 = risky but catches people that expect you to stop at B22, and a KB in the corner with this string is amazing

Ive legit had ppl ask me to use a different string LOL

Also, I found throwing in some 344 or 3442 or 344~DB4(amp) is also great.
The 1st is -5 on block, the second is -8 but the pushback makes it hard to punish and the third is for a full combo if they think you will stop at 344 or if they dont expect the double lows.
Yeah, her corner pressure is pretty great because you can usually stand far away from the opponent and poke at them until you hit confirm, and in the corner (Ice Machine) she can finally get over 30% damage.

For me, I use a lot of b+2,2 then if blocked: df+2 into d+1 and/or throw. If b+2,2 hits, then just confirm into a full combo. Although I like doing 3,4,4 to catch people off guard, the smart ones know to duck in the corner, and the 3 whiffs and I take KB uppercut to the chin. I think keeping it safe and simple is generally the best strategy, at least in ice machine. I wish she had some swaggier corner combos though. Maybe I'm doing an inefficient one, but it's not very exciting to do or watch.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yeah, her corner pressure is pretty great because you can usually stand far away from the opponent and poke at them until you hit confirm, and in the corner (Ice Machine) she can finally get over 30% damage.

For me, I use a lot of b+2,2 then if blocked: df+2 into d+1 and/or throw. If b+2,2 hits, then just confirm into a full combo. Although I like doing 3,4,4 to catch people off guard, the smart ones know to duck in the corner, and the 3 whiffs and I take KB uppercut to the chin. I think keeping it safe and simple is generally the best strategy, at least in ice machine. I wish she had some swaggier corner combos though. Maybe I'm doing an inefficient one, but it's not very exciting to do or watch.
That 344 is riskier upclose because of the KB uppercut you mentioned. Thats why I do it from slightly further than sweep distance because, although the S3 will whiff, I wont be in range for the D2(KB) and my 2 lows will hit the person. So Ill throw out a B2 from afar, then do 344. A lot of times people see the S3 whiff and think "Theres my chance to go in!" only to get caught by the following lows.

As for combos, after my initial starter hits (B22 or 344) I go with:
DB4(amp) > back up a little & JiP > B32D1 > B12 > BF4
~310 dmg

Sometimes Ill mix it up with B32D1 as a starter and follow with B12~DB4(amp) > B1~BF4

MK Led

Umbasa
That 344 is riskier upclose because of the KB uppercut you mentioned. Thats why I do it from slightly further than sweep distance because, although the S3 will whiff, I wont be in range for the D2(KB) and my 2 lows will hit the person. So Ill throw out a B2 from afar, then do 344. A lot of times people see the S3 whiff and think "Theres my chance to go in!" only to get caught by the following lows.

As for combos, after my initial starter hits (B22 or 344) I go with:
DB4(amp) > back up a little & JiP > B32D1 > B12 > BF4
~310 dmg
Fyi, after a B32D1 in the corner, jump in 1 (while they’re in the air) 13~BF4 does more damage than just B12~BF4.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Fyi, after a B32D1 in the corner, jump in 1 (while they’re in the air) 13~BF4 does more damage than just B12~BF4.
Wait for you're saying that your combo (a) does more damage than (b)? (I forgot their exact dmg)
(a) B32D1 > JiP (while they are in the air from the previous D1 pop up) > 13~BF4
(b) B32D1 > B12~DB4(amP) > B1~BF4

Usually if I want to go meterless in the corner with the B3 starter, Ill do:
B32~DB3 > 1 > 1 >13~DB3 = 243

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Is there something I'm not understanding about Core Trap? Whenever I use it, only the corners damage/freeze the enemy, but they're completely safe inside. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it?

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Is there something I'm not understanding about Core Trap? Whenever I use it, only the corners damage/freeze the enemy, but they're completely safe inside. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it?
I asked the exact same thing a few days ago. Apparently that's how its supposed to be!? Makes no sense to me. It would be ok if the edges instantly froze them but no, they have to stand on top of them for a few seconds.

MK Led

Umbasa
Wait for you're saying that your combo (a) does more damage than (b)? (I forgot their exact dmg)
(a) B32D1 > JiP (while they are in the air from the previous D1 pop up) > 13~BF4
(b) B32D1 > B12~DB4(amP) > B1~BF4

Usually if I want to go meterless in the corner with the B3 starter, Ill do:
B32~DB3 > 1 > 1 >13~DB3 = 243
No I just meant if you are ending any combo with B12~BF4 in the corner then ending it in jump in 1, 13~bf4 does slightly more damage. b32d1, jip, 13~bf4 is 248. I'm on PC so I don't even have the fucking db4 amp combos but I assume its the most damaging way to end those in the corner too lol.

Edit: actually doing b32d1, 2, 1, 344~bf4 gives 274

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
No I just meant if you are ending any combo with B12~BF4 in the corner then ending it in jump in 1, 13~bf4 does slightly more damage. b32d1, jip, 13~bf4 is 248. I'm on PC so I don't even have the fucking db4 amp combos but I assume its the most damaging way to end those in the corner too lol.

Edit: actually doing b32d1, 2, 1, 344~bf4 gives 274
Oh thats sick. Imma try it out after

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Is anyone else struggling with her inputs timing? B2212 is so clunky and the input is so time specific to get right. I can barely confirm into AMP DB4 on towers let alone online.
Same with 13 AMP DB4. I always end up doing DB3 without meaning to. I've noticed that if I press 13 DB even without hitting 3, she will still end up doing the head bop. So despite always hitting 4, it will come out as if I hit 3. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a bug

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Is anyone else struggling with her inputs timing? B2212 is so clunky and the input is so time specific to get right. I can barely confirm into AMP DB4 on towers let alone online.
Same with 13 AMP DB4. I always end up doing DB3 without meaning to. I've noticed that if I press 13 DB even without hitting 3, she will still end up doing the head bop. So despite always hitting 4, it will come out as if I hit 3. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a bug
Do you have "Release Check" turned off in your controller settings?

You can't special cancel out of B221 or B2212, so if you are trying to hit confirm in DB4 just do B22 and input the special as you see it hit.

Turn off release check in settings.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Do you have "Release Check" turned off in your controller settings?

You can't special cancel out of B221 or B2212, so if you are trying to hit confirm in DB4 just do B22 and input the special as you see it hit.
I will try that thanks. About B22 I just struggle with the timing of the full combo, not trying to special cancel. And even if I do try to cancel into DB4 she ends up doing DB2. Is that because of release check too?

Marinjuana

I will try that thanks. About B22 I just struggle with the timing of the full combo, not trying to special cancel. And even if I do try to cancel into DB4 she ends up doing DB2. Is that because of release check too?
Almost certainly. Release check is like the button presses twice, both when you click it and when you let go of it. I think they keep it on by default because people who are button mashing are more likely to get special cancels that way, just a theory.

Turn that shit off, it causes a load of problems.

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
Is there a consensus on optimal variation yet?

I’m using Ice Machine, but DB4 is the only variation specific move I’m getting mileage out of and some of the bomb set-ups look great. I guess being able to extend combos is probably enough. Thoughts?

B32D1, B12xxBF4
[Corner] B32D1, B32D1, 344xxDF2
Are my basic BnBs with 13 and B22 for punishes.

Still nothing for Krushing Blow follow-up? Particularly, B2212. I’m using B2xxBF4.

Anyway. Pretty sure I’ve decided this is my character. Just ironing out a few things. I wish she had ... something else. I can’t quite place it. But it feel like an air throw, a slide, or some sort of overhead would go a LONG way.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Is there a consensus on optimal variation yet?

I’m using Ice Machine, but DB4 is the only variation specific move I’m getting mileage out of and some of the bomb set-ups look great. I guess being able to extend combos is probably enough. Thoughts?

B32D1, B12xxBF4
[Corner] B32D1, B32D1, 344xxDF2
Are my basic BnBs with 13 and B22 for punishes.

Still nothing for Krushing Blow follow-up? Particularly, B2212. I’m using B2xxBF4.

Anyway. Pretty sure I’ve decided this is my character. Just ironing out a few things. I wish she had ... something else. I can’t quite place it. But it feel like an air throw, a slide, or some sort of overhead would go a LONG way.
Ice Machine seems better than Frost-Byte because of the damage she gets. If the explosion radius of the bomb was more like CSZ in MKX, then it would be hard to tell which is better. But as it stands, you can't grab someone in the corner after you dropped a close bomb because it takes them out of the range, you can't jump kick someone into a bomb after they try to jump out, and if you do freeze them in the air, your damage isnt great. She also can't throw multiple bombs on the screen because she only has 1 head lol

Midscreen KB follow up of B2212 is still only B2xxBF4. Which I dont think works in Frost-byte because of how slow BF4 is.

As for punishes, it depends who you're facing and the move you blocked. Against Kabal's nomad dash, I feel S4xxDB2(amp) reliably hits. Against SZ slide, B12xxDB2(amp) is reliable. Against Scorpion's amplified teleport, S2xxDB2(amp). Its very character specific which is annoying.

I don't know how much your corner combo does in terms of dmg but if I want to do for meterless dmg while using the B3 starter, I do B32~DB3 > 1 > 1 >13~DB3 (243) or, with 1 bar B32D1 > B12~DB4(amp) > B1~BF4 (300)

What she desperatly needs is a faster mid OR a slightly larger hit advange on one of her pokes. Her D1 is totally useless at this point because D3 is faster (8f instead of 9f) D1 should at least get the better hit advantage to jail ppl trying to poke out of turn. I feel that is more realistic than making her B1 or B2 a 10f startup or less

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
[Corner] B32D1, B32D1, 344xxDF2 is 301 with no meter burn and pretty easy execution-wise.

Corner carry on DF4 [MB] is huge, too. So, getting someone into the corner isn’t difficult.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Non amplified DF2 leaves Frost at the proper setup range for dropping close bombs in the corner.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Bro I'm dying trying to get Core Teap to be worth it
They can literally walk right through it. Move is garbage.

There's no way its functioning as intended.