What's new

Freddy Krueger is Officially Hat Tier

galindo

Noob
Strong exaggeration, you can punish after blocking his hell spikes and you can sure as hell jump out of the df4 in most situations

I really don't know how or why in almost every thread there's someone belittling another fighting game. I don't mean to be overly dramatic here, but come the fuck on guys. Why does everyone do that now? Not only the MK community, but nearly all of the FGC does this dumbass shit.

Just cut it out, or you'll be cut out.
^ This. People throw out the most broad inaccurate general bullshit just to defend their game. It is essentially the same shit as any other race/religious/territorial discussion that everybody does. No wonder some people think the MK community is immature.

Shady

Noob
So turns out some were right. Hopefully they will fix the damage scaling real quick and the projectile thing. Everything else I'll find a way to live with, but they definitely need to fix the REALLY BROKEN stuff.

I don't know if Freddy deserves to be called OP yet. I think it's safe to say he's strong, though. And I personally don't care if he's actually an MK character or not. Guest characters can be fun. I've enjoyed all the ones in the Soul Calibur series, as well as in Smash Bros., and a few others. Saying Freddy doesn't "deserve" to be in the game is just an over-dramatic way of saying, "I wanted another character."

All that said, one thing I am getting utterly sick of is people who are saying they just won't download the compatibility pack. OMFG. Are you kidding? It doesn't cost you a dime, you get something free out of it, and it takes all of 60 seconds and basically no effort to do. How immature are you that it's ok to say, "I don't think this is fair, and they didn't do what I wanted, so I'm not gonna play! And I'm gonna make sure nobody who likes it can play with me, either!" Seriously? That's no better (and in some ways a lot worse) than rage quitting because you got your ass kicked.

I tested him out before I went to work he has a lot of moves. He seems pretty good but a little early to be calling him hat tier.

Theme

Noob
So does Stryker...

they should have at least one tournament with freddy allowed and see how he plays out
I highly doubt theyd remove him completely from the tournament. He looks very OP, but not to the point of BROKEN. OP as in damage scaling. If Kung Lao's playable in the tournaments, Im sure Freddy will be too.

I highly doubt theyd remove him completely from the tournament. He looks very OP, but not to the point of BROKEN. OP as in damage scaling. If Kung Lao's playable in the tournaments, Im sure Freddy will be too.
I find it hilarious people like you call characters like Kung lao, and raiden broken when they are just OP. Now, there is literally a broken character (damage scaling, projectile glitch), and you only say hes over powered? wtf? you have it backwords.

I find it hilarious people like you call characters like Kung lao, and raiden broken when they are just OP. Now, there is literally a broken character (damage scaling, projectile glitch), and you only say hes over powered? wtf? you have it backwords.
He's only as broken as Kung Lao is.

But, then again, whenever a new DLC character is announced, everyone bitches that they're broken.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Freddy may well be broken, but not a single one of you has studied how to go about nullifying his best assets with your mains, which makes your claims that he is op look unjustified. You cannot learn a matchup in one day. Obviously, he has some bugs right now, but let NRS deal with the bugs and damage scaling, and give it time for people to work him out and then, and only then, decide whether or not he's op. If he turns out to be a top tier character, that doesn't necessarily make him op just because you dislike Freddy.

I can't understand why some of you are so horrified by the challenge of figuring out ways to beat what initially looks "too difficult". Freddy's left or right gauntlet has been thrown down. Deal with it.

Shady

Noob
Freddy may well be broken, but not a single one of you has studied how to go about nullifying his best assets with your mains, which makes your claims that he is op look unjustified. You cannot learn a matchup in one day. Obviously, he has some bugs right now, but let NRS deal with the bugs and damage scaling, and give it time for people to work him out and then, and only then, decide whether or not he's op. If he turns out to be a top tier character, that doesn't make him op just because you dislike Freddy.
I'm pretty sure having projectiles go through you and ridiculous damage scaling is broken, and that's what people seem to be talking about. All the other tools, whatever, but the fact that he can get an easy 40%+ with any of his attacks is something else. I am just upset that NRS let those bugs through when they should have checked something like that at the door. Everything else, a valid point, just learn the match up, but for those things, people have a right to be upset.

Kwon

---->----
Always though a baseball cap and hat are the same...you wear both on your head? *shrugs shoulders* but
Just because you can wear it on your head does not make it the same thing.

A Hat and a Cap are not the same.

Cap

Hat

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Freddy may well be broken, but not a single one of you has studied how to go about nullifying his best assets with your mains, which makes your claims that he is op look unjustified. You cannot learn a matchup in one day. Obviously, he has some bugs right now, but let NRS deal with the bugs and damage scaling, and give it time for people to work him out and then, and only then, decide whether or not he's op. If he turns out to be a top tier character, that doesn't necessarily make him op just because you dislike Freddy.

I can't understand why some of you are so horrified by the challenge of figuring out ways to beat what initially looks "too difficult". Freddy's left or right gauntlet has been thrown down. Deal with it.
I think most people were just complaining about the absence of damage scaling in his combos. There's nothing in his moveset that even resembles broken. It's just the damage, which is getting fixed.

So I vote that this thread be purified, renamed "NRS needs to pay attention to their fucking code" and moved to Glitch Reporting.

Tw1sted

Noob
doesn't matter if you guys like it or not, but freddy has gotten alot of eyes put on MK. he will bring new players in. more players is better. remember that.

dude if Freddy lands two jump in punches its over fk this sh*t 45% god damn. I'm salty as hell why is a pedophile owning in this game?

doesn't matter if you guys like it or not, but freddy has gotten alot of eyes put on MK. he will bring new players in. more players is better. remember that.
What type of players is Freddy going to bring though? I predict most of the players Freddy will bring are casual button mashing players. I doubt skilled/avid fighting game players are going to play the game just for Freddy. You might get a few casual button mashers who up their game, but in general I'm not going to say Freddy in the game is going to help the community.