What's new

Freddy Krueger is Officially Hat Tier

Reedoms

Noob
The combos that you are referring to are corner combos. Cyrax says hi. He can roughly do the same damage mid screen from any connected net. Neither is acceptable. That is why NRS is patching it.

I have a feeling most in the community do not know how to deal with projectiles. That is why they are complaining about Freddy. That is why they also complained about Noob when the game was first released. That is why they complained about Kano. That is why they complained about Skarlet. Etc. I see a pattern here.
Well, he's also got 50%+ from midscreen as well so either way, it's a load of bullshit.
I couldn't really care about his projectiles, pretty easy to dodge. I main Noob though. If my projectiles aren't hitting, I'm going to die.

Justice

Noob
Just one scrub's opinion on Freddy.

I took him through Ladder on Easiest just to see his ending. I have never seen Shao Khan drop so fast in my life! Was the easiest fight of the entire Ladder! Projectile spam hit him so fast that he couldn't get his projectiles out and shut down his rush game. The only reason I didn't get double-flawless was because my fingers got sore and dropped a couple of glove tosses from all the spam :jerry:

So, even in this scrub's POV, Freddy is OP to the MAX!

Well, welcome to fighting games where the good characters replace the bad characters. It is what it is.
Finding new strategies with one character that outdo the current ones of another is one thing, but replacing half the cast with a random DLC is not something I'll ever consider "essential to fighting games". It would be entirely different if this was LoL and there was dozens of DLC in line to be released, but if Freddy has "replaced" a significant portion of the games line-ups usefulness then all hes doing is cutting the games lifespan short. I don't entirely agree that he has, I'm just saying thats a really extreme stance to take.

This is hypothetical, if he is as good on a high level as he is scrub-good, who the hell is going to want to watch the streams or make it out to tourneys? A huge appeal of this game is that it has a decent tier list without characters like Freddy occupying multiple roles and doing their job better.

I'm going to repeat, I don't think that hes unstoppable or anything, actually, I'd rather they BUFF him to make him a completely casual character like kratos. Really retarded good in a few ways, absolutely terrible in others.

jtom

Noob
haha the whole freddy walking through noobs projectiles sound hilarious.

whenever ive played freddy's ive been playing w/ kitana and sometimes after a j3 or b+2 the air fan goes right through him. it seems like if i make it a point to make my execution really tight it doesnt seem to be a problem. Anyone else notice anything odd about freddy's falling hitbox?

HurlingDervish: now every time I see him he just looks like a crackhead version of Stretch Armstrong
:rofl:This has got to be the funniest thing I've read so far. I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself. The comparison is dead on

Niflheim

Noob
So, is it confirmed Freddy Krueger is hat tier? I tested him out on challenge 300, and beat him the first try with nightmare stance, f+4,2,1 and projectile spam. Damn, was it easy. Oh, and his Dream teleport is funny for trolling if your opponent constantly blocks and doesn't punish it.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Cant tell you how many times, as Noob, my shadows go through Freddy when hes NOT blocking -.-
Not to mention that, after he throws a claw, I block it, then like 30 seconds later, a random claw flies across the screen and hits me.