What's new

Freddy Krueger is Officially Hat Tier

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
see there ya go dont nerf freddy buff him buff the royal crap out of him please :)

/troll
In light of this discovery and in effort to help new Freddy players along I elect that directional inputs be completely omitted in lieu of his current moveset which requires not only directional input but also an instantaneous attack button input. Ground pound should be auto-aim in its natural state. His immunity to projectiles ought to be made more consistent as it only happens some of the time. Clearly a developer oversight.

hardwire

Noob
In light of this discovery and in effort to help new Freddy players along I elect that directional inputs be completely omitted in lieu of his current moveset which requires not only directional input but also an instantaneous attack button input. Ground pound should be auto-aim in its natural state. His immunity to projectiles ought to be made more consistent as it only happens some of the time. Clearly a developer oversight.
agreed

Why cant people learn to win against a new character, and not just say oh it needs to be nurfed. My god stop whinning and play the game!!!

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Why cant people learn to win against a new character, and not just say oh it needs to be nurfed. My god stop whinning and play the game!!!
While I haven't played many Freddies, I assume a lot of the complaints stem from projectiles not hitting him when, say, they're supposed to hit him.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
hmmmm so far i didnt lose a single match with Kruger

By the way, something i forget to mention...His juggle are hard to break! atleats u will eat around 25% gaurentee when u have 1 meter.
- also his standing 1 poke is so fast like quanchi's 1,1 TC

also a lot of people playin him really wrong.....so yes, kruger is a REALLY strong Character and he's A tier for sure, no doubt about it so far for now.

Reedoms

Noob
Well, I play Noob Saibot.
Half my game plan is around throwing projectiles.
Freddy can walk through them like they aren't even there sometimes.
That isn't something you can just "learn" to fight.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
To be fair he does not need to be learned or nerfed. He needs to be Fixed. If you do ex ground claw and the 17% combo it does 27%. You know what this means? 0 scaling. None at all. They just added the damage together like 1+2=3. This, along with his projectile issues are unintended glitches, bugs or stupidity which will get fixed. He is a fine character otherwise. Strong, mix ups but very little defense.

Exactly this. I tried Cyrax but he wipes his burnt ass with my nets as well. Fucking retarded man.

I agree he needs some fixes because somethings just don't show up in testing stage, but don't say oh he needs to be nerfed. Heck he has only been out for about a week now. Give him some time.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pig Of The Hut said:
I think Freddy is officially Ban Tier
He's very good but not that good. The glitch in which he's immune to projectiles seems random to me.

Freddy just makes all zoning characters obsolete. There's no reason to use Stryker, Sindel, Kano, Noob, etc. when you can use Freddy. NRS tones down Kano's Knife Toss, buffs it, and then gives it to Freddy. In a nutshell, that's what the Glove Toss is.

He's very good but not that good.

....Freddy just makes all zoning characters obsolete.
yea.... "just"

I had no idea why people got so mad when he was announced, I thought it would be good for the game. Oh how I was wrong. Just the sight of him annoys me now, more than Yoda or Darth Vader in SC4 ever did.

At first I was like "Who cares if he has 2 claws? pssh nerds"
, now every time I see him he just looks like a crackhead version of Stretch Armstrong

Even if he ends up being trash in the long run, I say ban him just for the goofy as hell animation.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
HurlingDervish said:
yea.... "just".
Well, welcome to fighting games where the good characters replace the bad characters. It is what it is.

And there are no good reasons to ban Freddy.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Reedoms said:
Other than the crippling brokenness that he is right now.
What is broken about Freddy?

He is not any better or worse than the current top tier characters of the game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Reedoms said:
That whole walking through projectiles business thing he does.
Which occurs randomly once he is hit out of the start up of a teleport with a physical attack. It is not a major issue, but it should undoubtedly be fixed.

I have yet to read a good argument why he is considered broken. All of this sounds similar to me. Everyone thought Skarlet was the best thing since sliced bread the first two weeks after she was released. Eventually, everyone realized she is just a top tier character and everyone moved on with their lives.

Reedoms

Noob
Which occurs randomly once he is hit out of the start up of a teleport with a physical attack. It is not a major issue, but it should undoubtedly be fixed.

I have yet to read a good argument why he is considered broken. All of this sounds similar to me. Everyone thought Skarlet was the best thing since sliced bread the first two weeks after she was released. Eventually, everyone realized she is just a top tier character and everyone moved on with their lives.
Except half my game is around having those projectiles hit. If he can waltz on through, without even taking chip that bullshit.
And do you even know that his combos can go up to 76% with 1 meter? His damage scaling is fucked. That's broken.

hardwire

Noob
Except half my game is around having those projectiles hit. If he can waltz on through, without even taking chip that bullshit.
And do you even know that his combos can go up to 76% with 1 meter? His damage scaling is fucked. That's broken.
just wait he has been confermed as broken he will get his fix and all will be right with the world

now if only i knew how to use him well :(

maybe just maybe his jip will give him just a touch more frames so i can finnaly land somthing after the jip :\

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Reedoms said:
The combos that you are referring to are corner combos. Cyrax says hi. He can roughly do the same damage mid screen from any connected net. Neither is acceptable. That is why NRS is patching it.

I have a feeling most in the community do not know how to deal with projectiles. That is why they are complaining about Freddy. That is why they also complained about Noob when the game was first released. That is why they complained about Kano. That is why they complained about Skarlet. Etc. I see a pattern here.