What's new

General/Other For those keeping score at home

Doomsday 3 major wins
Green arrow 3 majors (I think.....regardless another bunch of down players)
Black Adam 0
Aquaman 1
Batman 1
Frost 1
Flash 0

Lol

Keep downplaying doomsday ......he's fair though by all means but u doomsday down players just suck if u think he sucks

And yes PL rules w him

Reptile countless top 8s, by ChrisG's 2011 Reptile, LOL...sorry I couldn't miss an opportunity to burn the Reptile Community.

I know it's not related to IGAU!

187x

Noob
doomsday was always good af

"u doomsday down players just suck if u think he sucks."

well fucking said pig

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I wonder -- is there anything Chris G could have done differently, or was he playing the matchup as well as could be expected? Seemed like there wasn't much room for him to breathe.

But yeah, I'm still amazed when people say Doomsday sucks.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
doomsday was always good af

"u doomsday down players just suck if u think he sucks."

well fucking said pig
Truth hurts but in the End it's helpful

First time I played PL and Jeramiah I got my shit kicked in

They're far away best so far as well as king

VOR

Noob
I probably downplayed dd a bit. Realistically, he probably has a handful of unfavorable mu's, but in a player like PL's hands, he can dominate most of the cast. Was anyone keeping track on how many matches PL went to DD instead of batman? Didn't his batman get him through most of the tournament?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Doomsday=rush in and pressure
Injustice=Game with heavy zoning elements from all the top tiers
Doomsday > every zoner when he's in there.

By this conversion setup, Doomsday > Injustice. It's MATH
This^^^ A well timed supernova (especially if trait can get activated) is all it takes to get in on zoners. Even if you can't get a supernova out you can still yolo Venom when you can get trait up zoners will have a hard time keeping a good doomsday player away. Right now I play him in a really scrubby fashion but you better bet he'll be close back-up to my Lobo.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I thought Doomsday was retarded from the start lol.

Why is everyone still downplaying him?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman

Doomsday day 1: Holy crap this guys's tools are amazing! Look at that unblockable homing attack! And that super hard to block ground pound move! And that charge He's so OP

People convinced Doomsday was stupid good: 70%

Doomsday day 8: Well seems you can just dash forward out of that Meteor Smash move. That's disapointing....

People convinced Doomsday was stupid good: 58%

Doomsday day 40: Hey, I'm starting to block this overhead move pretty good now

People convinced Doomsday was stupid good: 39%

This, among other factors like jd3 nerfs and matchup knowledge, has lead to the misleading motion of 'Oh, I figured out how to counter Doomsday's most powerful moves, that makes him not good anymore, o hey Superman'

People think he's bad because they think they've figured him out. You know who seemed to have Doomsday figured out quite well? Chris G, the man who can block in Marvel. How'd that turn out

VOR

Noob

At the start, he was RETARDEDLY good. He did go through several substantial nerfs and unversal aa/wakeup buffs, so he's gone through a little bit of a redesign. The best DD's have really good walk fundamentals and corner pressure/reads.