What's new

For Honor

Monox1de

Noob
i use what i would consider a medium-high sensitivity for my mouse...at 600 dps and default windows settings, no windows mouse accell and i think 1 mouse smoothing in game....the problems i have had involve trying to side block and getting a top block because of a slight angle up when i was quickly swapping guard.. I started going down/right or down/left to block side attacks now and it has been happening a lot less...i still miss block when i feel like i blocked correctly occasionally, but i think this can be explained by @Basic Stupidity's #3 on his post on top of this page.

Reactions: GAV
PC master race double frame rate badass here. i don't use a controller...i had an orochi accuse me of using a controller as if it gives me an advantage over his keyboard/mouse...but i don't use controller. Why do ppl think controller is so much better than keyboard/mouse? This wasn't the first time i've heard it.
I think its because it seems this game was made to be played with a controller. Mainly because of how the blocking and moving mechanics work. I honestly have no idea how playing for honor on pc is like but it seems complicated. The defensive mechanics in this game are obviously made with an analog stick in mind. I am a console only player tho so i could be just biased.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
How is this game on PC?

Population, how does it run, yadda yadda. Id be most interested in 1v1 and possibly 2v2

Also, what control method is 'best' if there is one? Keyboard/Mouse or Gamepad? Seems like, just from outside observation, its a gamepad centric game..

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
PC master race double frame rate badass here. i don't use a controller...i had an orochi accuse me of using a controller as if it gives me an advantage over his keyboard/mouse...but i don't use controller. Why do ppl think controller is so much better than keyboard/mouse? This wasn't the first time i've heard it.
Because this game has similar controls to the Souls games and those games are absolute ass with kb/m.
Generally games where you don't need a mouse to aim precisionly is better with a controller.

PS4 has serious deadzone issues on controller. Also the competitive for honor subreddit there was a post that says in testing there is a 3 frame delay on controllers.

Playing FH on M+KB works perfectly fine. I'm a prestige 5 PK with over 60% win in duels and I play on M+KB. All attacks can be reacted to at the same speed with any character it's switching guard after that has different properties based on the characters you play. Raider is not a grappler. At top level play his potency comes from his cancels, he's one of a few characters who has an unblockable attack that can only be parried, as such it functions as a basic 50/50 he can let it ride or choose to cancel it if he cancels into a parry he will parry his opponent and punish. Contrast this to say PK where I don't have any way to open people up outside of my zone attack because it's too fast to react to.

Warden is very good, his vortex is legit.

The game favors strong defense in general, and defense in FH is much easier than most fighters. The reaction windows for blocking and teching throws is pretty large, as you progress and get better empty guard breaks and attacks no longer work, it becomes a game of baiting parry's and wiff punishing or punishing unsafe moves.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I tested it myself just because I wanted to disprove the people spamming that some things could not be guarded in time by Raider and Lawbringer. I found that if you switch guard it takes 8 frames @ 60 fps for guard to be enabled, 7 frames and below you get hit.

It got tested in depth by more people in reddit, if you look at the competitiveforhonor subreddit you'll find more threads about it there. But yes, basically that's correct, it would take 4 frames on console.

There is some difference in speed for rapidly switching guards though. Basically, it's totally fine to switch guard rapidly with some characters like Warden, but rapidly switching guard with characters that take a long time to move their weapon between their hand's like lawbringer/raider/etc "locks" you in that guard position until the animation is finished. So you can't just spin right stick around like a madman with them or you might find yourself stuck in an animation.
wow thanks dizzy, that's very helpful information

So can somebody tell me how exactly unlocked attacks work vs locked attacks.
Im hearing that unlocked attacks have weird block stun and are unparryable.
Ive tried this against bots though and that is simply not the case.
Am I missing something or are these claims baseless?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
idk man, it might be character to character basis so that might be where confusion occurs.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Shugoki is the only character I'm aware of that is unparryable, but it could apply to other characters.

Aramonde

Noob
Ubisoft servers are fucking garbage!!!

Other than that i'm at now at rep 3 and man when you get good gear dominion becomes fun. Conq's attack power is now actually good and getting stamina reduction maxed out means i can put people into the wall loop forever XD. Oh and now i can outrun PK's.

Before i got the good gear i did the kill their spawning soldiers strat and when they saw me i would make them chase me it was fucking hilarious. Just wish i had benny hill music going XD.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Ubisoft servers are fucking garbage!!!

Other than that i'm at now at rep 3 and man when you get good gear dominion becomes fun. Conq's attack power is now actually good and getting stamina reduction maxed out means i can put people into the wall loop forever XD. Oh and now i can outrun PK's.

Before i got the good gear i did the kill their spawning soldiers strat and when they saw me i would make them chase me it was fucking hilarious. Just wish i had benny hill music going XD.
Making a YT video with that music is easy. Just save the clip and upload it with the music.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anyone know the ETA on the console patch? I seem a bit disinterested in playing in a technically old version of the game.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Yeah, gotta remember, the main issue that causes these delays is the fact even patches need certified by Sony/MS, gotta love corporate red tape.

Fuck that stupid bitch Nobushi!!!!! I'm sorry her shit damage needs to be nerfed. I'd love if bleed was taken out all together. PK and NOBU dont even need it.
lol the salt
Bleed honestly is not that good especially when the opponent is low on health because it takes time to do damage and a lot can happen in a small amount of time. However bleed is still good because it opens up opportunities for good damage.
Bleed is definitely necessary for nobushi and is easily counterable.

GAV

A Chinese fighter as DLC would be awesome, IMO. There are lots of viable weapons in kung fu.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
A Chinese fighter as DLC would be awesome, IMO. There are lots of viable weapons in kung fu.
I think it'd be cool if the DLC fighters were from various other countries/factions. They could say they are mercenaries to make sense lore wise maybe lol

GAV

I think it'd be cool if the DLC fighters were from various other countries/factions. They could say they are mercenaries to make sense lore wise maybe lol
Agreed.

I want a whipchain and kamas!!!

Aramonde

Noob
lol the salt
Bleed honestly is not that good especially when the opponent is low on health because it takes time to do damage and a lot can happen in a small amount of time. However bleed is still good because it opens up opportunities for good damage.
Bleed is definitely necessary for nobushi and is easily counterable.
Your damn right im salty. The character has so much guaranteed damage combos on this first hit, crazy speed on light attacks, long range attacks and good running speed. Why does she bleed on top of that for?