What's new

For Honor

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I think raider is highly underrated and I am planning on picking him up right now.
I personally feel he has the second best offense in the game next to pk
He is a character primarily based upon grabs in a game where grabs are...so so. He's slow as fuck (he's so god damn slow) he actually switches blocks the SLOWEST in the game (limiting the player's ability to react) I don't see how you can say that he has the second best offense in the game when you have Warlord. Orochi and Warden (and probably Valkyrie in this next patch)

Reactions: GAV

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I think raider is highly underrated and I am planning on picking him up right now.
I personally feel he has the second best offense in the game next to pk
I agree he's underrated. Plus people need to take his grab into consideration. Seriously. Parry into GB into throw in a lot of situations that's a throw off a cliff.

He is a character primarily based upon grabs in a game where grabs are...so so. He's slow as fuck (he's so god damn slow) he actually switches blocks the SLOWEST in the game (limiting the player's ability to react) I don't see how you can say that he has the second best offense in the game when you have Warlord. Orochi and Warden (and probably Valkyrie in this next patch)
Im sorry but there are so many things wrong with this post.
1.He is not a character based on grabs even though the how to play says so. He is a character built around feints and kara cancels with his unblockable and his top stun attack.
2.Hes actually not slow he has some very fast mixups with his kara canceling, but his heavies are admittedly slow.
3.God if I hear this meme of slowest guard switch in the game one more god damn time im just going to quit for honor forums altogether. Im going to say this once and once only in this thread, all guard switches are 133ms. The only time the character specific guard switch penalty comes into play is when you cancel a guard switch with another guard switch. This will never happen if all you do is not try to read the opponent before they attack and you just react to their attacks. For example, if pk is going to do light attacks and I switch my guard to the right thinking shes going to attack from there and then as im switching to the right she attacks top and I try to switch to the top my penalty will come into play and I will not block the attack. However, if i just waited for the top light ill be able to easily block it on reaction no matter the character.
4.Orochi and warden have good offense but they are easily punished and dont have many true mixups. Warden is the only one with a barely passable vortex and he still has to hit you before he can start it
5.Warlord is a good pick for second best offense but he is almost always a defensive character

Raider is one of the best offensive characters because he has pure mixups on offense whenever he pleases.
He can easily get in with his far reaching heavies and he has two fast cancel mixups.
Raider is not made to be a grappler competitively, he is barely guaranteed a zone attack after gb which does half the damage of other characters gb punishes and costs way more stamina than the rest of the casts.

CrazyFingers

I think when I get home imma lab this game the best I can. Get a better hold on everyone's placement. @Basic Stupidity I already knew a good amount of what you've said (still don't think he has the second best offense) but you've made a good amount of good points in the Raider discussion. He's probably underrated but idk about being as strong as you're saying he is, regardless, good talk.

CrazyFingers

Also, I'd like to point out that right now, Three of Raider's worst matchups in the game right now are three of the most played classes right now (PK, Warlord, Warden) and while these matchups aren't as bad as say, fighting Conqueror, they're still rough so keep that in mind. Tbh, his MU with Shugoki is actually pretty decent imo.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Ok so how does one kara cancel? Is there a way to figure out what characters cam kara cancel what into what? This is obviously a strong tactic that I don't use in my offense.

CrazyFingers

Okay look yea he has the best ability to just straight up kill you via Environmental kills but if you land a grab with Raider you either made a hard read and punished something (which kudos on you) or your opponent made a mistake. It's not something we should ignore on Raider but I don't think his 1v1 Placement should be determined by the fact that he can cliff you from anywhere.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Okay look yea he has the best ability to just straight up kill you via Environmental kills but if you land a grab with Raider you either made a hard read and punished something (which kudos on you) or your opponent made a mistake. It's not something we should ignore on Raider but I don't think his 1v1 Placement should be determined by the fact that he can cliff you from anywhere.
Its kind of like a bad character having a 100% damage corner combo.

CrazyFingers

Ok so how does one kara cancel? Is there a way to figure out what characters cam kara cancel what into what? This is obviously a strong tactic that I don't use in my offense.
Basically everyone can do a heavy and hit B/Circle (4) to cancel the heavy to bait stuff and mix the opponent up. Some characters instead of just raw canceling the attack can actually cancel it with another attack. Example is Raider who can do a heavy and then press light to cancel into stunning tap.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Basically everyone can do a heavy and hit B/Circle (4) to cancel the heavy to bait stuff and mix the opponent up. Some characters instead of just raw canceling the attack can actually cancel it with another attack. Example is Raider who can do a heavy and then press light to cancel into stunning tap.
Yea I understand feinting but kara canceling is something I need to check out. Everyone can do it?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yea I agree. Warlord is better at environmental kills anyway imo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Why not though? You make ONE mistake and Raider kills you for that one mistake. How is that not a very strong asset?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Best character breakdown video on YT so far...
Wastes absolutely no time in getting you up to speed.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Alright, finally got to playing Warlord again. Was taking a break from FH for a bit, is it just me or did they mess with the combo timing for WL's parries again.

Alright, finally got to playing Warlord again. Was taking a break from FH for a bit, is it just me or did they mess with the combo timing for WL's parries again.
Not that I am aware of but like me many of the players on test your might are console players so it could have changed over the patch.

Monox1de

Noob
PC master race double frame rate badass here. i don't use a controller...i had an orochi accuse me of using a controller as if it gives me an advantage over his keyboard/mouse...but i don't use controller. Why do ppl think controller is so much better than keyboard/mouse? This wasn't the first time i've heard it.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
PC master race double frame rate badass here. i don't use a controller...i had an orochi accuse me of using a controller as if it gives me an advantage over his keyboard/mouse...but i don't use controller. Why do ppl think controller is so much better than keyboard/mouse? This wasn't the first time i've heard it.
I think keyboard/mouse is better for twitch blocking(you can move your wrist faster than your thumb), but annoying for a lot of things and controller just more pleasant to use overall.

Plus things like controller you can just flick stick in direction and itll go to that guard as soon as its possible(like when you getting up from knockdown) doesn't quite work the same for mouse when I tried beta on pc.