What's new

For Honor

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The closed alpha is out. You have to sign up for it on forhonorgame . com

Aramonde

Noob
I've been watching Aris stream this and im liking what im seeing. This game looks really fun. Just watching people play it is intense.

The Conqueror is the character i want to play the most.

i dont know how much this can be classified as a fighting game, more of a tactical shooter/FG hybrid, but it for sure looks interesting.

http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/spiele/ps4/for-honor/videos/52445,83197.html
If Pokken and Smash are considered fighting games then this is definitely a fighting game.

Good shit man! First time I've seen someone get Revenge mode in 1v1.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The 4v4 Dominion mode is sick, can't wait to play it with friends. Each mode, 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 are all fun

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I've been watching Aris stream this and im liking what im seeing. This game looks really fun. Just watching people play it is intense.

The Conqueror is the character i want to play the most.

If Pokken and Smash are considered fighting games then this is definitely a fighting game.

Good shit man! First time I've seen someone get Revenge mode in 1v1.
That was literally my 2nd duel ever. I'm still a noob but I'm getting the hang of it

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
The reveal trailer was pretty hype. But it looks kinda average to me. Limited gameplay depth. Like once you play 2 dozen matches you'd get bored and just go back to your favorite games. Just my first impression.

Also it's Ubisoft. Fuck those guys. I already know they're going to nickel-and-dime the shit out of this game.

Aramonde

Noob
Was gonna try to get in but the beta is over already :( i really want this game.

@Juggs The 4v4 mode doesn't look that fun from watching it.

The reveal trailer was pretty hype. But it looks kinda average to me. Limited gameplay depth.
How is the gameplay depth limited. The fighting system seems really deep to me.

Aramonde

Noob
So now that the beta is over who do you guys want to main?

I want to main Conqueror. I really like his defensive playstyle and he just looks badass especially dat flail!

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Its so far away though :( hopefully they'll have another beta before then. Lol that it comes out on Valentines day XD

Which character are you liking the best?
Honestly I've only seen the couple gameplay demos and I don't plan on looking to anything more. They're gonna have a Beta after the Alpha so I'll check that out to be sure I'm interested. I think I'm digging the Viking the most honestly

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Totally forgot the closed alpha was basically only for the weekend. I would have played it a lot more had I realized that. But, here's my review.

For Honor is an action RPG fighting hack and slash game. It's similar to Dark Souls, a fighting game, a little bit of Dynasty Warriors, and probably a bunch of others games in which I haven't played.

The combat system is pretty interesting. You have two basic attacks, a light and heavy attack. As you would expect, the light attack does less damage but is quicker, and the heavy attack does more damage but is slower. You have a health bar and stamina bar. Now I didn't test things as much as I would want to, because as I said, I forgot the alpha ended today. So based on what I remember, your stamina is used from attacking, blocking, dodging and running/rolling. When your stamina bar is empty, the screen goes black and white until it refills. It refills fairly quickly if you just back off from the opponent.

There's 3 stances, left, right, and overhead. In all three stances, you can see both you and your opponents stances by a white visual indicator (you can also see them in the stance animation). When the opponent comes in for an attack, the white indicator turns red. To block an incoming attack, your stance simply has to match the enemies.

There's also a guard break. This is performed by pressing towards and X on XB1. After you successfully break their guard, you can throw them or perform a combo. Throwing is good in duels to throw them off ledges and get an instant victory. A throw also knocks them down and you can hit them on wake up but I think they can block on wake up, not sure.

There's a revenge mode that is built like a super meter. Not entirely sure what it does but I think it gives you more health and unlimited stamina. Again, not really sure at all honestly.

There's also an RPG aspect where you get loot after battles, and can purchase loot bags with in game currency. The loot is different sets of armor, weapons and weapon parts. All which affect the stats of your character.

I could say more but I'm at work. Overall, I'll probably be gettin this game when it comes out next year.