What's new

For Honor

Yup, this game has potential to even reach esports levels. The combat mechanics are complex but still simple enough to promote mindgames and reads. Also the gamemodes seem fun and Wellington designed. I just hope they're not going to take the easy way out and just try to milk money with p2w micro-transactions which would kill the potential for any competitive scene imo.
Their gear system is pretty identical to injustice 2s with an option for purely cosmetic gear

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I watched this game, where my friends played it. They told me to register my e-mail to this site to get the beta code, but I haven't seen any e-mail since yesterday.

At first, it looks like a Dark Souls game, but its mechanism is kind of different. Since I practiced Kendo, I knew those Samurais' fighting stances and how they would attack. I plan to try the Samurais.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I watched this game, where my friends played it. They told me to register my e-mail to this site to get the beta code, but I haven't seen any e-mail since yesterday.

At first, it looks like a Dark Souls game, but its mechanism is kind of different. Since I practiced Kendo, I knew those Samurais' fighting stances and how they would attack. I plan to try the Samurais.
I have not played a ton of souls game, but the slowness and weightiness of everything kind of is a fair comparison. Combat is quite a bit more nuanced over the attack/block/dodge of souls though.

Tanno

I have not played a ton of souls game, but the slowness and weightiness of everything kind of is a fair comparison. Combat is quite a bit more nuanced over the attack/block/dodge of souls though.
The only difference between the Dark Souls series and this are these:

1) Arsenal of attacks and blocks.
2) Fighting stances.
3) Small evasion. Dark Souls main characters do have big evasion.
4) Weird counterattacks.

The rest are similar, except of DS's magic.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
The only difference between the Dark Souls series and this are these:

1) Arsenal of attacks and blocks.
2) Fighting stances.
3) Small evasion. Dark Souls main characters do have big evasion.
4) Weird counterattacks.

The rest are similar, except of DS's magic.
That 1) is a big, big arsenal. This game only has in much as common with souls in that it feels grounded. I did a fair bit of pvp in DS 1 and this game is much more complex and skill based.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So Warlord's R1+R2 seems REALLY good at spacing out certain characters, I'm loving the vikings right now. Raider is still my favorite tho. That gimmicky unblockable hits a lot more people than you'd expect.

Tanno

That 1) is a big, big arsenal. This game only has in much as common with souls in that it feels grounded. I did a fair bit of pvp in DS 1 and this game is much more complex and skill based.
True. I noticed that the more you play and win any mission (defeating other players, or the raids), the more you get the loot and the lvl up. When lvling up you can earn some points to buy the skills and the recruits.

I wish they would include the nitoryuu (dual swordsmanship) samurais. I practiced even nito.

If anyone gets a injustice beta code my brother will trade you for me. If you have a u-play account he can send out 3 requests hes already in the For Honor beta dm if you wanna trade

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah Nobushi is the character I've been using the most. She has great range on her pokes, excellent footsies, quick attacks and some of her pokes/combos do bleed damage. Bleed is very good and I have a feeling it might be slightly nerfed when the game actually launches.

But at high levels I can see the duels getting turtley and slow. However there's tons of mixups and unblockables so I think it will be fine in the long run.

CrazyFingers

Yeah Nobushi is the character I've been using the most. She has great range on her pokes, excellent footsies, quick attacks and some of her pokes/combos do bleed damage. Bleed is very good and I have a feeling it might be slightly nerfed when the game actually launches.

But at high levels I can see the duels getting turtley and slow. However there's tons of mixups and unblockables so I think it will be fine in the long run.
Ive been playing Raider, Warlord and Warden in 1v1. I love shield break, light attack into unblockable on Raider, good mix and if their reactions are even slightly off they eat a shit ton of damage.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I main Kensei rn because he's absolutely the Ryu of this game. Very simple gameplan and can handle himself vs most heroes (that I played against so far).
Conquerors, Berserker and Orochis who are really good are a problem. Still figuring things out

CrazyFingers

I main Kensei rn because he's absolutely the Ryu of this game. Very simple gameplan and can handle himself vs most heroes (that I played against so far).
Conquerors, Berserker and Orochis who are really good are a problem. Still figuring things out
How much Raider have you fought? I feel like Kensei gives him a hard time.