What's new

For Honor

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Warden is very good, but with items on its Peacekeeper.

The reason is that NO ONE gets Debuff Resistance, so her bleed ends up being super effective.
1v1s dont have gear. Peacekeeper is also very effective though you could use both

Reactions: GAV

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
can someone confirm or decomfirm if there are characters in this game that move farther back when getting parried than other?
The only character that stays out of range of guard broke when parried attacks is the Nobushi.

Nobushi, Kensei heavy attacks, Lawbringer attacks, Shugoki heavy attacks(occasionally), and Valkyrie heavy attacks will all put you out of parry ->guardbreak range.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nobushi, Kensei heavy attacks, Lawbringer attacks, Shugoki heavy attacks(occasionally), and Valkyrie heavy attacks will all put you out of parry ->guardbreak range.
Yeah, luckily with Warden against these characters, I get a zone attack after parry, it's better than nothing.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Also I haven't really been salty in this thread so ill just say this

why the fuck do I play kensei im a goddamn idiot DON'T PLAY KENSEI

leaving your guard resting at top effectively shuts down the class as everything hes got coming from the sides is too damn slow.

UPR_Nova

Noob
OK I'm gonna admit I'm a nub, however, someone must give me the logic behind zone attacks. Maybe I'm missing something but the focus on these attacks has led me to think well...that I've missed something! Frame advantage, to me, should only be expressed in what is guaranteed. For example, I already know every light attack (possibly heavy) comes out in the same frames but explain to me the significance and the need to concentrate on zones and zone cancels. If I personally run that strat, it's an easy escape for my opponent but my TRUE mixup works. The stuff that is true stagger (heavy, wait, assess situation).
Please, if I'm overstating call me out, I'll totally understand. Otherwise, explain to the best of your ability please.

UPR_Nova

Noob
OK I'm gonna admit I'm a nub, however, someone must give me the logic behind zone attacks. Maybe I'm missing something but the focus on these attacks has led me to think well...that I've missed something! Frame advantage, to me, should only be expressed in what is guaranteed. For example, I already know every light attack (possibly heavy) comes out in the same frames but explain to me the significance and the need to concentrate on zones and zone cancels. If I personally run that strat, it's an easy escape for my opponent but my TRUE mixup works. The stuff that is true stagger (heavy, wait, assess situation).
Please, if I'm overstating call me out, I'll totally understand. Otherwise, explain to the best of your ability please.

Edit: please don't dominate me too hard for asking this lol

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

leaving your guard resting at top effectively shuts down the class as everything hes got coming from the sides is too damn slow.
Kensei is a beast when well played on Dominion.

The reason is that if he uses his overhead attack from his opponent's side, it can't be blocked; it must be parried. With an edge in numbers, its a very fast way to kill. Even if its a 2v2, he can turn the tide quickly just by switching dance partners.

Last edited:

Darumm

Noob

Not really, unless you are playing conqueror or parrying his attacks, blocking his heavy does not stop the chain, from wich he gets a lot of mixups.
from the unblockable top heavy you can cancel into:
Side light attack (without the cancel button)
Armored side heavy (without the cancel button, which can canceled again with the cancel button)
Grasping Pounce (forward dash + GB)
Helm Splitter (forward dash + light attack) (top)
Swift Strike (side dash + Light Attack)

If your opponent is parrying you can try to mess his timing with feints.

Of course your opponents can shut you down, but its not THAT easy.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Conq gets a free guardbreak if he blocks a heavy or zone attack? Whaaaaaaat?
Conq shines in Dominion. He's not as good in 1v1, but he's solid in 1v1. This is his best 1v1 tool. Without it, he wouldn't be very viable.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I need to play more Conq. I might be under valuing how good he is in 1v1. Have I mentioned my Raider is OD? Cuz it's pretty OD.

who do you think is the best one on one character in the game
Peacekeeper. She has the fastest moves and is plus on block with most of them plus her gb is going to be fixed and she'll do crazy damage off of gb again which means good punishes as well. She's got the best mixeups and is generally always either safe or plus. She's got a side dash attack and has good damage

freerf245

11 11 11 11
It's confirmed a glitch and he pretty much gets a free gb after blocking anything enjoy it while you can. The same is with berserker and lights
What do you mean same with berzerker? Does he punish lights? I know both of their lights are unsafe and they are fixing that but I haven't seen anything about Conq punishing heavies.

What do you mean same with berzerker? Does he punish lights? I know both of their lights are unsafe and they are fixing that but I haven't seen anything about Conq punishing heavies.
Berserkers only a little different and it's only for light as far as I am aware. No the way they worded the patch notes is all weird but basically what they meant was they were getting rid of the free gb that berserker and conqurer gets after blocking a light attack. I've been punished using heavies against conq but I don't remember if it was a free gb.