What's new

For Honor

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
i been just playin orochi mostly until valk gets buffed and tbh anytime i vs a shoguki i just spam double light over head attacks hoping it will break his armor and it works maybe 1/10 times...10% winrate vs fat fuck shog is good enough for me.

this actually isn't true i win more liike 40% of the time bcus i'm playin in trash mmr at the moment. but when i queue with a few higher mmr buddies i get blown the fuck up by shogukis and my brain dead gameplan doesn't work.
Trading blows with a Shugoki with anyone is a terrible idea, let alone with an Orochi. Make the Shugoki have to come get you.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My tier list

A+
Shugoki, Warden, PK

A
Warlord, Kensei, Nobushi

A-
Conq, Orochi

B+
Raider, Berserker

B
Valk, Lawbringer

I don't have a lot of experience with every character but this is my first impression tier list. What do y'al think?

Kensei and Nobushi might be A+ as well, or at least in A while the others are A-. Both can't really be guard broken after a parry, and both have good range with Nobushi having the best. Plus Nobushi's damage and bleed is crazy.

Also, Valk can do some crazy loops and damage. I just haven't really gone against a lot of good ones so don't know too much about her.

This is just my opinion. I welcome all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, lol.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If I can get 3 others for some 4v4 vs AI boosting tonight that'd be great. You can get over 500xp in 3-4 minutes really easily, sometimes quicker. I need to level up! Duels and 2v2 is taking forever.

My tier list

A+
Shugoki, Warden

A
Nobushi, Kensei, Conq, PK, Warlord, Orochi

B+
Raider, Berserker

B
Valk, Lawbringer

I don't have a lot of experience with every character but this is my first impression tier list. What do y'al think?

Kensei and Nobushi might be A+ as well, or at least in A while the others are A-. Both can't really be guard broken after a parry, and both have good range with Nobushi having the best. Plus Nobushi's damage and bleed is crazy.

Also, Valk can do some crazy loops and damage. I just haven't really gone against a lot of good ones so don't know too much about her.
completely disagree with most of this list
In a world where pk exists warden perils. And no I'm not down playing, I main pk now and won't touch warden anymore. I have no idea how someone could put valk and lawbringbringer in the same tier, pk and warlord in the same tier as kensei and conq. Orochi is terrible when you know how to beat them and shouldn't be near pk.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Revenge is short. Just back off, recover some stamina, and move back in. Its only a big deal because everyone is so new. Its a mechanic to give you a chance when you're getting ganked. Its not nearly as much of a factor in 1 on 1 situations.
Revenge gear ups revenge duration
You don't get to just back off and recover stamina when its 3 people fighting 3 people over a point.

1v1 it isn't much of a factor yes and its probably why im just going back to dueling exclusively because revenge gear is fucked and more and more people are realizing its the only way to go.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
completely disagree with most of this list
In a world where pk exists warden perils. And no I'm not down playing, I main pk now and won't touch warden anymore. I have no idea how someone could put valk and lawbringbringer in the same tier, pk and warlord in the same tier as kensei and conq. Orochi is terrible when you know how to beat them and shouldn't be near pk.
This isn't constructive at all, lmao. You disagree but don't say why. This post is essentially no use at all.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I think it is damn near impossible to beat a good player with Raider tbh. Maybe there is some spooky tech I don't know about but if not you are gonna get parried all day. Lawbringer is in a similar boat. I don't think they are terrible but they aren't as good as everyone else.
You just need to have way better defense on those two and feint the fuck out of the opponent. Also need to go for gimmicks every once in awhile (gimmicks catch ALL players, good or bad, keep that in mind)

Reactions: GAV

CrazyFingers

My tier list

A+
Shugoki, Warden, PK

A
Warlord, Kensei, Nobushi

A-
Conq, Orochi

B+
Raider, Berserker

B
Valk, Lawbringer

I'd honestly put Warlord with Warden, PK and Goki. He's just so unbelievably solid in every single area except for range (which is only relevant in two or three matchups max)

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Why is everyone putting Orochi so low? Hes got great offensive and defensive tools imo. Only weakness is no block from what I can tell.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why is everyone putting Orochi so low? Hes got great offensive and defensive tools imo. Only weakness is no block from what I can tell.
He doesn't really have many options if the opponent knows what he's doing.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I just think he can punish really hard. The few good ones I have played turtle and punish all my mistakes real hard.

So how do I prevent people from literally endlessly backdashing away when they are out of stamina as Warlord (or most characters)? The idea of exhaustion is obviously to limit offense and force you to go on the defensive when you don't manage your stamina. A lot of people online just backdash and over and over again till they get their stamina back. Obviously just another scrubby tactic but idk how to deal with it especially with slower characters. Tips?

CrazyFingers

I just think he can punish really hard. The few good ones I have played turtle and punish all my mistakes real hard.

So how do I prevent people from literally endlessly backdashing away when they are out of stamina as Warlord (or most characters)? The idea of exhaustion is obviously to limit offense and force you to go on the defensive when you don't manage your stamina. A lot of people online just backdash and over and over again till they get their stamina back. Obviously just another scrubby tactic but idk how to deal with it especially with slower characters. Tips?
If they are JUST backdashing, Dash Forward Heavy can catch them off guard and if they dodge that you follow up with a headbutt.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
If they are JUST backdashing, Dash Forward Heavy can catch them off guard and if they dodge that you follow up with a headbutt.
Well they backdash till they gain enough distance from me. Dash foward heavy will get parried against good players. Ill give headbutt a try next time.