What's new

For Honor

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Actually put some time into the beta and Warlord seems to have displaced Orochi as the best character. The deflect change actually matters, especially since the lag seems somehow worse. Guess since it's p2p it has always been luck of the draw.

In 1v1, you have what the game calls superior block which is basically auto guard from KOF on start up of all light attacks. So that is a pretty nice unique trait since it is harder to punish a baited light then it is a heavy.

However this isn't even needed, and actually is more prone to user error with the bad netcode. You can just abuse headbutt, which is forward + jump + guard break. On hit this gives a guaranteed light. The headbutt has insane tracking, is fast, unblockable, has quick recovery and is immune to guard breaks. You can spam it like crazy with little downside. If you somehow find yourself in a spot where you have to defend you can use defense mode that blocks all attacks. During this mode, you are free to tech guard breaks as well, so the opponent has no option to hit you unless it's an unblockable. Note you can also cancel this mode into the headbutt at any time, and blocking an attack in this mode gives a guarenteed headbutt. He also seems to have one of the highest health pools in the game in case you make mistakes.

Some characters may have a chance at being better then Warlord at 4v4 since clearing grunts could be important, as well as how good at you are being outnumbered. Speaking of that, while in revenge mode, Warlords unblockable headbutt causes a knockdown that gives a free heavy attack. So that's really powerful as well.
Are you on xbox or PS4 or PC? I need to add you, your insight is ridiculous Dizzy, lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sent you a uplay friend request. How do I invite though? And whats your psn?
At this point it's too late. It would take like 6 hours to download and the beta ends at 8pm est. That's why I was trying to get you to send it to me last night lol.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
At this point it's too late. It would take like 6 hours to download and the beta ends at 8pm est. That's why I was trying to get you to send it to me last night lol.
Damn. I stopped paying attention to the site cause my friends like battlefield operations. By the time we finished I managed to reply before falling asleep lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What system do you all have it on, or getting it on? I have a PS4 and XB1 but might get it on XB1 so I can share it for free with my bro. Is there something like that on PS4??

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What system do you all have it on, or getting it on? I have a PS4 and XB1 but might get it on XB1 so I can share it for free with my bro. Is there something like that on PS4??
On ps4 theres a "primary console" system. You can find it under the main menu settings. Once you set a primary console for your account, your "primary console" gives access too all games (and probably media) bought by that account to all other accounts. I think this system is also used to share online gaming capabilities with one ps plus subscription.

So to share a game you'd make your brother's console the primary console for your account. You will still be able to use your games on your console but only if your online which allows PlayStation to verify you own it.

If I do get this game, it'll be on ps4. But I'll probably be upgrading my HDD before I buy any more games. Damn installs make sure I delete a game for every new one I get.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
FFFuuuuuu Beta is over now.

I was playing with Orochi all day and was having fun.

My first impressions were that he didn't do enough dmg and Deflect was unrewarding. After about 2 hours of playtime with him my opinion definitely changed.

I really love how he can quickly shed an opponents lifebar with some of his set-ups like Up+Light Light then mix-up with either Throw into Up+Light Light or another set of Light Light.

Mix that up with first-encounter pokes like Up Dodge + Light or Side Dodge + Light and you find yourself needing only 1 more hit to get the kill.

Deflect timing seems to vary on diff characters. Like to me, Vanguards and PeaceKeepers are easy to parry but Nobushis and Conquerors seem impossible.

Final thoughts on the Beta is wow I'm sold on this game. But I'll forever dislike hallways and bridges especially vs chars like Nobushi, Peacekeeper and Raider.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
FFFuuuuuu Beta is over now.

I was playing with Orochi all day and was having fun.

My first impressions were that he didn't do enough dmg and Deflect was unrewarding. After about 2 hours of playtime with him my opinion definitely changed.

I really love how he can quickly shed an opponents lifebar with some of his set-ups like Up+Light Light then mix-up with either Throw into Up+Light Light or another set of Light Light.

Mix that up with first-encounter pokes like Up Dodge + Light or Side Dodge + Light and you find yourself needing only 1 more hit to get the kill.

Deflect timing seems to vary on diff characters. Like to me, Vanguards and PeaceKeepers are easy to parry but Nobushis and Conquerors seem impossible.

Final thoughts on the Beta is wow I'm sold on this game. But I'll forever dislike hallways and bridges especially vs chars like Nobushi, Peacekeeper and Raider.
Come into my lair.

Unfortunately the inevitable ending has arrived and the beta is over.

My overall thoughts would be that this is a great game and I will definitely be investing more time into this game. I played warden and orochi. I felt that given the right player, both can be very strong in their own ways. Best hero by far and without a doubt in my mind is the underused and misunderstood berserker. This hero was an absolute beast with a meta far more superior and complex than any other hero. This character was almost unbeatable when he was used by a level 3 ai and was a pain in the ass all around. However, I still had a blast on this game and look forward to more content in the future.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I was also surprised that during my whole time in the Beta I've never had a Kensei mirror. In fact, very few people played Kensei which is weird to me because he's such a simple/easy character to use.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I used mainly Nobushi and Raider, but started using Warlord towards the end. Warlord is pretty damn good and I wouldn't be surprised if he got nerfed before the game is released. I watched a tournament of 64 players and the top 2 were both Warlord players, the guy I was watching (iSkys) was a Warden main and got 4th and lost to a Headbutt happy Warlord. Obviously it's too early but I can't see a situation where the masses don't complain and get him nerfed.

For 4v4 I definitely feel Raider is up there. And for 1v1's I'd say most of the characters are good, but Warlord is easily one of the best.

Sad the beta is over but can't wait for the full game where I can keep all my gear!

CrazyFingers

I used mainly Nobushi and Raider, but started using Warlord towards the end. Warlord is pretty damn good and I wouldn't be surprised if he got nerfed before the game is released. I watched a tournament of 64 players and the top 2 were both Warlord players, the guy I was watching (iSkys) was a Warden main and got 4th and lost to a Headbutt happy Warlord. Obviously it's too early but I can't see a situation where the masses don't complain and get him nerfed.

For 4v4 I definitely feel Raider is up there. And for 1v1's I'd say most of the characters are good, but Warlord is easily one of the best.

Sad the beta is over but can't wait for the full game where I can keep all my gear!
Did you play Raider in 1v1? Cuz that shit is FUN. Going into unblockable from lights hits so many people and doing a right/left heavy into a stun cancel is just fantastic.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
How much 1v1 did you play? Cuz for me it was just Kensei/Orochi for the most part.
80% of my playtime is 1v1, 15% 2v2 and 5% Dominion.

I see more Kenseis in Dominion but rarely fought them (and when I did it was always a gank)

I'd say most of my encounters in 1v1 are Conqueror, Vanguard and Peacekeeper.

In 2v2s I see more Orochi, Nobushi and Raider.

Also how do you guys feel about people fighting using an honor system in 2v2s? I think it's dumb because a 1v1 gametype already exists so why limit players from exploring team strategies?

At one point I just couldn't stand the cringe from players whining about ganking just because you finished your fight and decided to help your partner out. Or your partner being the honorable one and let's you fight the remaining enemy on 1v1 (not too bad but still removes your reward of finishing your opponent early).

Like it isn't Dark Souls where you have to organize your own rules because there isn't a dedicated PvP system (And even then, with the new DS3 DLC, they added one)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
80% of my playtime is 1v1, 15% 2v2 and 5% Dominion.

I see more Kenseis in Dominion but rarely fought them (and when I did it was always a gank)

I'd say most of my encounters in 1v1 are Conqueror, Vanguard and Peacekeeper.

In 2v2s I see more Orochi, Nobushi and Raider.

Also how do you guys feel about people fighting using an honor system in 2v2s? I think it's dumb because a 1v1 gametype already exists so why limit players from exploring team strategies?

At one point I just couldn't stand the cringe from players whining about ganking just because you finished your fight and decided to help your partner out. Or your partner being the honorable one and let's you fight the remaining enemy on 1v1 (not too bad but still removes your reward of finishing your opponent early).

Like it isn't Dark Souls where you have to organize your own rules because there isn't a dedicated PvP system (And even then, with the new DS3 DLC, they added one)
Me and @CrazyFingers had a great 2v2 set with 2 randoms who had no problem going 2v1. I think that's how it should be.

CrazyFingers

Alright guys, I think we should grab a group of 4 and fuck shit up on the 9th in Dominion. HELL! If we get enough people we can even have our own custom game for Dominion! Just 8 TYM dudes duking it out.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Alright guys, I think we should grab a group of 4 and fuck shit up on the 9th in Dominion. HELL! If we get enough people we can even have our own custom game for Dominion! Just 8 TYM dudes duking it out.
PS4 right?

If so I need someone to invite my uplay. I only have the beta for XB1