What's new

For Honor

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Only comparable from perspective, For Honor is seen much like the Ashton Kutcher for Charlie Sheen episodes of Two and a Half Men. Both are still great, but very many will never know. Their perspective will remain on the outside - relying on the opinions of others. This killed Two and a Half Men. Will it also kill For Honor? Only time will tell. I am glad I watch both Two and a Half Men, Anger Management and play For Honor. If I believed what everyone else said, I would be missing out on all of them.

For me, its a good way to amp up while winding down.

The numbers are down on PC, but I rarely see the same randoms on XB1.
Ubisoft doesnt like PC players so their games get shunned on pc alot not to mention they usually dont fix problems for pc players in a reasonable amount of time.

I still like the game even though ubi is shit.

When i dont feel like getting on a game i take serious and i just want to have fun then i hop on For Honor and unwind by running some dominions or something. Just fun game mechanics.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Ubisoft doesnt like PC players so their games get shunned on pc alot not to mention they usually dont fix problems for pc players in a reasonable amount of time.

I still like the game even though ubi is shit.

When i dont feel like getting on a game i take serious and i just want to have fun then i hop on For Honor and unwind by running some dominions or something. Just fun game mechanics.
I wish you could exceed rep 30 though. I like playing Conq, but I also like getting EXP for matches.

I wish you could exceed rep 30 though. I like playing Conq, but I also like getting EXP for matches.
I dont play enough to max out anyone yet lol. I played alot in the closed and open tests but didnt get it after it released until recently.

Play alot of Lawbringer though

Reactions: GAV

GAV

I dont play enough to max out anyone yet lol. I played alot in the closed and open tests but didnt get it after it released until recently.

Play alot of Lawbringer though
He's fun.

I think I will probably pick up one of the last four characters - Highlander, Gladiator, Huntress, or Ronin.

GAV

Conq is very fun. He's simple and if you hate getting ganked, he's a good answer for that...
http://xboxclips.com/GAV60/c8aa77a8-91ca-41ac-b9bf-675deba9181d/embed
I know it took little skill to defend there, but I leaned on the wall to force them to come from one side or go overhead. Then, I just had to set it left and forget it - unless it came overhead or someone attempted a guard break. Lastly, I had to be aware of kick, headbutt, or bash windows because there were only a Warlord, Warden, and Shinobi involved in the gank. If there was a Lawbringer or Shugoki - or if the Shinobi was more aggressively involved - I would have needed to retreat. I will even hold against a group of Centurions because his kick is punishable and he must land an attack to go into his mixups, so for Conq - Cent isn't that bad to deal with in a gank. Conq's superior block makes him great at surviving ganks. He is also simple to use on offense, so he can be picked up and played rather quickly.

Last edited:

GAV

A little insight on the 2 characters I have played extensively...

Conq is a defensive character so successfully blocking is even more important than landing attacks. Every attack you block gets you closer to revenge and eats your opponents' stamina. Know your opponents fastest attacks and sit on them or set your block to match your opponent's. His sidestep into his Shield Bash is his best counter-attack. Keep moving and stay annoying. Conq is the best in the game at surviving ganks. Use walls and obstacles to protect ftom flanks, keep moving, and block and counter appropriately.

Raider is an offensive character. Stay in left stance whenever you can so you can threaten with lights and heavies opposite your unblockable zone attack and still have a different soft feint with your top stab. He's all about feinting the zone attack or letting it go. His damage is insane and he's the best at ganking, but its hard to survive ganks with him. When outnumbered, its usually best to flee. A well timed parry can end everyone though if you want to risk it.

GAV

I know I put this up before, but it deserves to be revisited - since the Reddit user claims to have worked on the game and everything he said months ago has come to pass...
He also said that once the game was finished, only a skeleton crew was left to tweak things going forward - and Ubisoft has disputed this claim outright, but now they are further nerfing revenge mode in order to buff it into a re-work for Season 3. Fixing Revenge Mode in a 2 step process is only necessary if you don't have enough developers working on it to do it in one step.

GAV

Insight I have learned getting Centurion and Shugoki to Rep 3...

Centurion...

Follow up his kick with the light combo. You can finish it or GB after the first or second attack to get into his heavy attack mixups. The 1st heavy can be charged to change the timing, but only the 2nd attack can be charged into an unblockable heavy or unblockable punch. If the punch is fully charged, it results in a knockdown. The just tap heavy attack for a pouncing ground stab. In addition, if the initial heavy is fully charged and it lands - then you can freely charge the knockdown punch and it cannot be avoided. Since most of his attacks are linear stabs, varying the timing and using guard breaks is key. He's pretty overpowered, but not broken.

Shugoki...

Your entire gameplan should revolve around utilizing his armor and buying time until it resets when you don't have it. The best way to do this is to keep opponents in front of you and temper their offense with his headbutt. Landing a jab headbutt combo will keep their stamina low and keep them at a good distance. Its not flashy, but its key. After that, take advantage of opportunities that your armor provides to make them pay for anything they commit to. Shugoki takes increased damage when his armor is down, so use his run to reset things when numbers aren't in your favor.

Last edited: