Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Anthrax

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Slayer

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Megadeth still sounds good now, which is why they are easily my favorite band. Endgame was a good album in my opinion. Slayer is good but I just don't dig Kerry King's voice, not to mention their solos are just ugly shit.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Leaving aside the giants of the metal genre, these are some of my favorites in addition to the ones you listed.

Karl Sanders
Dallas Toler-Wade
John Gallagher

Fredrick Thorendal
Luc Lemay
Zac Joe
Eric Rutan
Ben Weinman
Jon Levasseur
This guy has some great taste in music.
You got Fredrik's last name wrong, but it's no biggie

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Also, Trivium is fucking trash, fake-ass metal. Their dude is nowhere even close to the greatest guitarists of this era.
I never will truly understand why someone would go out of their way to trash a band just because they don't like the music. Sure, it's your opinion, but it's like you get a hard on shitting on other music people happen to like. Okay, we get you're a hipster and you have to make it public anytime someone mentions they like a band that you don't. But it's really annoying and gets old fast.

Error

DF2+R2
Fog of War's a pretty decent modern thrash band, the only one who I haven't got sick of yet(it must be the bass).

The ugly hand drawn album cover is indication of good music.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I never will truly understand why someone would go out of their way to trash a band just because they don't like the music. Sure, it's your opinion, but it's like you get a hard on shitting on other music people happen to like. Okay, we get you're a hipster and you have to make it public anytime someone mentions they like a band that you don't. But it's really annoying and gets old fast.
No, it's not because I just don't like them, it's because they're revered as a great modern thrash metal band when it's just pop garbage sold as metal, and actual quality musicians get the boot because their type of music isn't "radio-friendly" anymore. It's the same with bands like Slipknot. What if I told you I think SSB: Brawl is the best fighting game ever made? Don't give me any hipster umk3 bullshit.

Bobzilla

Noob
Havoc is new to me, those guys are fucking good. Also, bonus points for not mentioning Municipal Waste and Gamma Bomb like everyone and their grandmother! :cool:
To hell with that, Municipal Waste is the only modern thrash band that matters to me. Also, instead of ripping off bands like Slayer, Exodus, Megadeth, and Testament, they rip of D.R.I., Suicidal Tendencies, and Nuclear Assault. Plus, their live show is so much fun. Surf boards for crowd surfing and trampolines for stage diving? How much more awesome can it get?

Edit: I like Revocation too if they count.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
To hell with that, Municipal Waste is the only modern thrash band that matters to me. Also, instead of ripping off bands like Slayer, Exodus, Megadeth, and Testament, they rip of D.R.I., Suicidal Tendencies, and Nuclear Assault. Plus, their live show is so much fun. Surf boards for crowd surfing and trampolines for stage diving? How much more awesome can it get?

Edit: I like Revocation too if they count.
True, Municipal Waste is a good band and they're fun as hell live, but that's the only modern thrash band anyone ever references lol

I'd have to say Metallica. Was never really a fan of Anthrax or Slayer. Megadeth's not too bad either. Rust in Peace and Peace Sells are really their only good albums. My favorite metal bands are Between the Buried and Me, Kyuss, and Mastodon. I really like post-metal too... Jesu, ISIS, and Pelican are pretty sick.

GNG Iniquity

Fog of War's a pretty decent modern thrash band, the only one who I haven't got sick of yet(it must be the bass).

The ugly hand drawn album cover is indication of good music.
Rofl that cover oh man...they're good though!

Spletty

Grandmaster
At first I started laughing, then I realized you were serious.
I see how you'd laugh, but this isn't my opinion. It was a poll on ultimate-guitar.com (I believe). But you can't honestly say there's many better guitarists since the turn of the 21st that are better than dimebag. And matt heafy is boss. I don't understand how people can be douches and dicks about someone elses music choice, I mean its opinion. I don't think its hilarious that you don't agre with me lol. And once again, it wasn't my opinion, it was a poll taken by a guitar community similar to this forum.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
I was going to vote for Anthrax just because of how horribly neglected they've been in this poll.
But MEGADETH!!!!

Bobzilla

Noob
Clearly the problem is not enough encouragement to use boogie boards at shows by these other bands!
If only it were that easy. For me, there just seems to be a total lack of originality when it comes to these newer thrash bands. And I'm not claiming Municipal Waste are original, but at least they're ripping off a different set of bands. I guess the bottom line is that I don't want to hear any more bands that sound like Exodus. But I do think the world could use a couple more that sound like Nuclear Assault.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
it's because they're revered as a great modern thrash metal band
Ah, there's the crux! If no one praised them you wouldn't care. It's not just that others like them when you don't. It's that many others like them and they receive a lot of praise and are... dare I say it... that evil word... Mainstream! How can they receive so much praise when they don't meet the standards of the great rev0lver!??

Let people like who they like, praise who they praise. Why must it be such a mission for you to let people know you don't like something that they like, moreover, trash something they like. It gets really annoying after awhile, rev0lver.

GNG Iniquity

If only it were that easy. For me, there just seems to be a total lack of originality when it comes to these newer thrash bands. And I'm not claiming Municipal Waste are original, but at least they're ripping off a different set of bands. I guess the bottom line is that I don't want to hear any more bands that sound like Exodus. But I do think the world could use a couple more that sound like Nuclear Assault.
Yeah, that's the truth right there...I'm sure that Waste being from the same town as GWAR certainly encouraged them to have fun shows though. GWAR, Waste and Ghoul are pretty much a guaranteed good time.

GNG Iniquity

How good is Nuclear Assault? I'm pretty much only interested because of the name, lul.
They're good man, give 'em a listen! D.R.I. is pretty similar. Nuclear Assault, D.R.I. and S.O.D. are just a good thrashin' time. They all make you want to go into a pit, run around at thousand miles, chug beer and punch everyone in the face...that's basically their purpose. Municipal Waste has that responsibility these days!

Error

DF2+R2
As much as I like Pantera, I can only name like 5 songs off the top of my head that I really like.