What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Match up Chart

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Upload some videos man, I'd really like to see some of this tech and mindset in practice. Also I'm on xblive and wouldn't mind hitting the lab a little to regain some Flash love.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
I don't think these match ups are nearly as bad as projected...
I think we are going to come to realize that Flash is one of the most complex characters on the game. For some reason I cannot help but think he has a lot hidden tech.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
You guys keep saying make them come to you, how? Post that stream link if you're playing tomorrow. I just want to see how it's done I guess. If i'm Ares, and we're full screen, how exactly are you going to make me come to you? I can throw everything I got at you full screen. You can try to phase it all, but you won't because it isn't instant start up and you have to kinda guess my pattern. So you'll get hit by projectiles. Even if I clip you with one or two. Now what, you gotta come in cause I have the life lead. Why would a zoning character then come to you I don't understand. Flash is no threat from full screen, most the cast can play keep away on you.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
You guys keep saying make them come to you, how? Post that stream link if you're playing tomorrow. I just want to see how it's done I guess. If i'm Ares, and we're full screen, how exactly are you going to make me come to you? I can throw everything I got at you full screen. You can try to phase it all, but you won't because it isn't instant start up and you have to kinda guess my pattern. So you'll get hit by projectiles. Even if I clip you with one or two. Now what, you gotta come in cause I have the life lead. Why would a zoning character then come to you I don't understand. Flash is no threat from full screen, most the cast can play keep away on you.
why guess a pattern? react to the pattern. Phase on reaction, not phase on guess. You're talking theory fighting.
Im talking mind games. If flash has a 60% health lead, what business does he have coming to rush you down exactly? none.
Your right, hes not a threat, its just the fact if you get a 58%+, into a sonic pound oki, which must of the time flash does he gets a gigantic ass life lead... Why would you rush? There is no point. You have a 60%+ life lead, and you are going to rush them down? what for?
lets make this wager. I have a 60% life lead, you zone me with ares, see who wins.
All flash needs is one love tap, then you are in a world of shit.

I use to play steve fox on SFXT, i took the same tactic from their, applied it here. Works like a charm. Flashes rushdown is not built to brain deadlessly just walk in. its built off of his sonic pound otg.
And yeah, im looking on the fb page but its not giving me a stream link.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Batman wins because of trait, j2, and his runaway. Aquman doesn't need to zone you can charge all his zoning on block. all he needs is b1 and f1 which is 7 frames. hes faster and out pokes you. Sonic pound can be interrupted after every string besides maybe b22. Bane is a problem because of his d1 and armor. Flash has no way to keep him out with no projectile. But bane flash still could be even. You didn;t really make a convincing argument at all.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Batman wins because of trait, j2, and his runaway. Aquman doesn't need to zone you can charge all his zoning on block. all he needs is b1 and f1 which is 7 frames. hes faster and out pokes you. Sonic pound can be interrupted after every string besides maybe b22. Bane is a problem because of his d1 and armor. Flash has no way to keep him out with no projectile. But bane flash still could be even. You didn;t really make a convincing argument at all.
Dash under J2, Free punish.
Push block trait? = done. Batman, 5-5. PND i2 Gaug3
Like I said, space out aquaman, make him play your game.
I'm not making a convincing argument. I'm looking for ways to solve things. Right now to me it seems like you don't want to learn how to work around things. You can dash under any jump in in the game, basic ground character fundamental of injustice. Dash under j2 from batman, free B22 for flash = bodied. If you don't know how to punish/avoid something, hit the practice room, and study it. Theres always a way.
If a batman is getting jump happy dash under his ass and punish him.
Batman can't run away from Flash, theres things called corners on stages.
Once you make batman to commit a mistake, 60% combo, 50/50 sonic pound set up, and then back up and phase, then what the hell does batman have on you exactly?

Bane shouldn't be messing with flash at all. Thats a joke match up.
Aquamans B1 and F1 won't out footsie B2, he has to use F2 if he wants to out footsie Flash. Learn his mix ups, learn to block him, then he becomes a walking punching bag. his shit is punishable.
In a way, sure its bullshit flash has to work that hard to do it. But we have to deal with it. flash is super complicated and hard.
You got any more ways for me to solve these "impossible' situations?
This character will end up being like steve fox from sfxt, Super hard to use but will end up high tier.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Dash under J2, Free punish.
Push block trait? = done. Batman, 5-5. PND i2 Gaug3
Like I said, space out aquaman, make him play your game.
I'm not making a convincing argument. I'm looking for ways to solve things. Right now to me it seems like you don't want to learn how to work around things. You can dash under any jump in in the game, basic ground character fundamental of injustice. Dash under j2 from batman, free B22 for flash = bodied. If you don't know how to punish/avoid something, hit the practice room, and study it. Theres always a way.
If a batman is getting jump happy dash under his ass and punish him.
Batman can't run away from Flash, theres things called corners on stages.
Once you make batman to commit a mistake, 60% combo, 50/50 sonic pound set up, and then back up and phase, then what the hell does batman have on you exactly?

Bane shouldn't be messing with flash at all. Thats a joke match up.
Aquamans B1 and F1 won't out footsie B2, he has to use F2 if he wants to out footsie Flash. Learn his mix ups, learn to block him, then he becomes a walking punching bag. his shit is punishable.
In a way, sure its bullshit flash has to work that hard to do it. But we have to deal with it. flash is super complicated and hard.
You got any more ways for me to solve these "impossible' situations?
This character will end up being like steve fox from sfxt, Super hard to use but will end up high tier.
again im not saying flash can;t beat these characters it's just obviously not in his favor. That's all i'm sayin

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Killer frost beats flash.
she murders him IMO, i literally pick hawkgirl only for this MU. also am coming out with a video on the sinestro MU when i play Pig Of The Hut sinestro, i will do a commentary about the MU highlight a couple of things that needs to be done in said MU and also explain some tech that i use in the MU specifically for the MU, we should play khaotic KF vs flash, i'll record and do the same as well :)

Error

DF2+R2
Are you on crack? The current Bane vs Flash MU is stupid. Flash's only has his jump and his trait. Nothing more. Throw out any strings and you get armored through. Bane can just sit there until flash tries to approach and armor anything. Even up close, after a blocked 50-50, we immediately get out with dash or armor. Furthermore, flash is free to jumps...he can't beat Bane in the air.

Flash cannot pressure Bane on the ground. He can't pressure Bane on knockdown. He can't beat Bane in the air. His wake-ups are okay but very dangerous. He just has to hope 50/50 on trait and jump in goes in his favor.
Bane is also a power character, 6-4

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Flash is annoying and has great 50/50 that you can't beat with wakeups. A passive aggressive flash is the most annoying character in the game. The stream link is
http://twitch.TV/ceogaming
Squizz thats the stream link. watch me there, going under the name mooms, tournament starts at 9:00 E.T
same with you doomfarmer
i'll be using GL/flash.

See, dude listen to lorenzo, he knows what hes talking about.
Hellion_96
You have to be aggressive off of sonic pounds and nothing else, and have patience.

The flash has a good footsie, gets 58% off a 50/50 mix up thats safe, and has an anti wake up game. He even has his B22 RMS cancel. And you are going to tell me he had 12-13 bad match ups? I think he has 7-8. and a lot of 5-5s.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
DGOD PSYCHO what is the actual outcome of push blocking batman's trait when he shoots them at you? Does it push batman back?

I understand what you're saying about the match up (batman's poor wake ups, etc), but I still feel like if batman gets a lead on you, he can just play super lame, and there isn't really anything you can do to get back in it. Even if you're phasing his batarangs or LK dash cancel and blocking them, by the time you've gotten near him again, he's going to have his trait back, at which point you're going to have to spend the meter you gained on push block if he shoots them at you, and now Flash has lost his meter again AND taken a bunch of chip damage.

On the other hand, I don't really see any way for Flash to lame out batman besides just basic run away and doing his best to phase projectiles. Even if you play super-safe, batman is still going to get SOME chip on you, and I really think that Batman can turtle up and lame out Flash a lot better than Flash can do that to Batman.

If you get the lead on Batman (through a poke into 50%+ or whatever), I feel like batman has more ways back than Flash does

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
No, Dude batman is not going to out footsie flash. You push block his trait and his trait is gone so 5-5 GG.
The way flash lames out batman is this.
B22 Sonic pound MB, trait LKx3 B22 lk B22F3 lightning charge, cross up ground pound, D12 F213 walk one step another ground pound, B22 back off.
That would be a 80%+ life lead. Batman cannot out damage the flash, and a character with a shit wake up game in general getting his shit stuffed, how pissed would they get?
This game has low chip, only specials provide signifiacant chip. Batman cannot out turtle a proper flash, thats dumb. and if he does a JI2 make a read, dash under his jump and punish him.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
This will work against stupid batman players that still believe that they can call their trait in a blockstring to create a frametrap, Batman is the bane of every single character except superman
even full screen, batarangs come, he comes to touch you, immediately push block his first hit.
B2 has more reach than any of batmans normals.
dash under his Ji2
Disable/read wake ups.
it becomes 5-5. I don't have a problem with batman. Its just because people don't know how to solve the problems against the match up.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
even full screen, batarangs come, he comes to touch you, immediately push block his first hit.
B2 has more reach than any of batmans normals.
dash under his Ji2
Disable/read wake ups.
it becomes 5-5. I don't have a problem with batman. Its just because people don't know how to solve the problems against the match up.
batman can b23 all day GG :joker: