What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Match up Chart

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
well he knows the flash MU because of me, so does Cd jr and maxter and brady and eveyone i talked to at ect5 and played. him knowing the MU kills the flash IMO, when you OTG's start getting blocked and b22 outspaced and backdashed its really hard and thats what you need to think about when playing, its a lot harder to beat someone who knows the MU, and you have to work hard in the MU then everyone else, thats why i think he loses to a lot of characters until they buff him.
exactly no one knows how to play against the flash. Ive been playing the same couple people since launch and they lost free but then they learned the match up and i barely squeeze wins

Folux182

Noob
DGOD PSYCHO Dude I seriously use Flash. I can honestly say one of the biggest reasons I beat people offline is because they don't know how to fight him. My room mates know how to fight Flash and he has his problems. I dont think a lot of your matchups are correct. I think Batman wins, his trait shuts down Flash's pressure and his zoning is going to keep Flash out. The Aquaman matchup is in Aquaman's favor. I main him and theres no way he loses to Flash or goes even with him because of the trait and his ability to control space with his B1. The Bane match-up is totally in Banes favor dude MastrNCmmndr is my room mate and he destroys Flashes pressure. And yes i know Flash has his standing 2 that double hits. The problem is the armor that Bane gets from his trait and I honestly think Bane's D1 is sooooo good for keeping flash out.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
due to popularity, changing some match ups around.
take a look at the match up list, which ones do you guys want to talk about next?

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
btw you are missing some characters like grundy and lobo (maybe more didn't look too closely). And I have a good a lot of cyborg experience and he definetly loses to him

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
btw you are missing some characters like grundy and lobo (maybe more didn't look too closely). And I have a good a lot of cyborg experience and he definetly loses to him
losing to cyborg? haha how come? His projectiles are easy to phase.
What troubles do you have with cyborg, and what edge do you think he has in the match up.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Deathstroke is a losing match-up for Flash.

I'm kind of agree since Flash's worse mu are pure zoners, however, I main Flash, BA, sinestro, and dlc, and I can say that my best mu against deathstroke is Flash xD Don't ask me why ^^

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Good luck with phasing ares projectiles on reaction. I love it when flashplayers try to do that to me.
if they patch his phase which they should because its not how it should be, then i will turtle you until you do a teleport for throwing fireballs and weapons all day.....thats if its ever fixed :(

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
if they patch his phase which they should because its not how it should be, then i will turtle you until you do a teleport for throwing fireballs and weapons all day.....thats if its ever fixed :(
My fav thing to do with flash is phaze a projectile cancel into trait rms into the low then super lol idk if it works on ares but i did it to a GL missile was satisfying

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Was the fact that you listed flash vs hawkgirl 3-7 already explained in this thread? Does flash really lose that bad vs hg?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
My fav thing to do with flash is phaze a projectile cancel into trait rms into the low then super lol idk if it works on ares but i did it to a GL missile was satisfying
i did something similar on pig in the video am uploading soon, i want to do a voice over so i have to find time to do it then upload, it did 67% i believe.

Hey all just finished reading through the thread. Also, forgive me for the wall of text that is coming I do a lot of training mode and just started playing, but I have some tech/advice that I haven't seen used yet. I want to first suggest for now to remove the 5/5 4/6 scoring system in this discussion right now. If we could, can we just compile tech that is character specific first before we get into more flame wars about matchup numbers? Because we can all universally agree on two things.

1. To date there is no high profile Flash player yet.
2. It is near impossible to find equal skilled players to make a judgement on matchup numbers at this time.

I do like what DGOD is doing showing actual footage and showing specific tech in each match up. Lets try and do that for all matchups and we will all level up. I don't have much to offer yet but based on your videos DGOD I would recommend this.

1. When projectile punishing with trait > RMS slide. You can do same or more damage following with LC's and juggle instead of burning 4 meters.

2. Controlling RMS dash cancels fixes a lot of match ups in the neutral game. (The execution is tough at first but a good start is to do F B B as one motion or half circle back back.) RMS also cancels itself on cross under so you get free trip guard on neutral jump projectile spams and neutral game jumps in general.

3. RMS 1 2 and 3 each have a use. RMS1 after patch can lead to combo without trait. RMS2 is surprisingly good at snuffing air opponents. RMS3 traited for combos and obviously because its a low. RMS run cancel is instant and resets positioning for throws or footsies.

4. Flashes regular dash swoops down in the middle of it to avoid high projectiles and gain ground ie. Sinestro non meter burn orb.

5. F3 works as a low crush against a lot of good pokes ie. Harley Q tantrum wakeup etc. Leads to free 30%+

6. Depending on health levels Traiting jumps to punish against weak air characters is usually worth it since you do not have to mb to get a full juggle.

7. Speed dodge more interactables. It is something I know we all know, but I am sure none of us are doing it 100% yet.

Before this gets too long some char specific stuff.

Grundy - I do not think he has a legitimate punish of LC on block.
Superman- d2 beats his poke, jumping air laser sweep to trait gives free big combo. punish wakeup upper with 21 or 11 while in air for consistency/ if you happen to block it instead of duck just throw him
WonderW - RMS F her air dash tricks for trip guard. Bait whips with RMC dash cancel and punish with new LC mb combos.
Aquaman - he cannot zone you at all so do not run into stuff for free. Respect his poking and whiff punish with LC mb combos. He is fairly free to jump in if knocked.

I know I am not well known yet in this community, but I hope this stuff helps to build upon our matchup discussions. I want to request we stick to 5 of the top 10 characters. My top 5 I would like to vote for are

1. Black Adam
2. Superman
3. Batman
4. Wonder Woman
5. Green Lantern

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Harold
Welcome to the community, and first and foremost I would like to state that how known you are in the community, does not matter. Its about what you know as an individual.

These tips you posted, i definitly knew, but I guess I just didn't put it out there, thanks for that add. And, I think I would like to keep the numbers, I actually need to change these match ups now with the new update. I don't believe flash has no more good match ups lols..

And i 100% agree. lets post videos on each character and level up.

Thanks for the welcome, I don't believe in hiding tech. since it just hinders the meta game anyways. I won't be able to travel much until EVO, but once I get caught up I will see if anyone can record some matches for me.

Also Zyphox - are you in ATL, I notice you said you play with Pig.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Thanks for the welcome, I don't believe in hiding tech. since it just hinders the meta game anyways. I won't be able to travel much until EVO, but once I get caught up I will see if anyone can record some matches for me.

Also Zyphox - are you in ATL, I notice you said you play with Pig.
i wasn't trying to hide any tech, i just didn't explain everything fully.
Also, Once this game gets fully patched, Zyphox and I have planned that we will be making a Flash guide together, if you are knowledgeable, which you certainly seem I dont think I'd mind letting you in, and im sure zyphox wont either.

Sure, that would be great. So just finished watching Zyphox set with Pig. Looks like regular orb shot is punished clean by LC. Were you doing it on reaction or read? Also, I think if you ever commit to B22F3 against corner you should auto LK since it gives same juggle no meter used.