What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Match up Chart

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Zyphox
After a brief look at all the new tech that has been released for flash, 58%+ combos, Sonic pound vortex, sonic pound OKI, RMS cancelling, Interactable combos, I have come to a bit of conclusion.
Lets not start a flame war flash community, and lets discuss these match ups so that we all have a understanding of each match up and that we are properly fighting our opposed ones properly.
This character is honestly not as bad as we all thought. So, if you have a match up you personally do not agree with, state your reason why, and we will discuss. If feel like its been done right, we will make changes to my opinions over here.
We must fully assess what flash is capable of before we ask for any type of buffs.

4-6
5-5

5-5
4-6
3-7
4-6
5-5
5-5
5-5
4-6
4-6
5-5
3-7
5-5
4-6
5-5
4-6
4-6

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I disagree with WW, Nightwing, Killer frost, aquaman, bane, and shazam
state your reasons and we can discuss. I would like to hear what you have to say first, flash has the tools to beat these characters :)
I will respond to you in video format if its okay with you?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
WW has great air mobility good normals her whip out ranges flash and is safe shes just a tank. Nightwing may be 5-5 in escrimo but he wins in staff his zoning will make flash have to get in and once flash in is nightwing in staff eats him alive, Killer frost has great backdash great air dash which means free jump in mixups. And since you're worried about the slide the whole time she gets a lot of jump ins. And of course her braindead vortex off of a save slide. Flash can;t go for knockdown pressure because of slide. The only good thing for flash is after a blocked slide she can;t parry because of his low d1 but all she has to do is jump away. Aquaman's b1 shuts flash's footie option down just like GL does. He has superior d1 and a actual anti air. I would say trait but flash can just use sonic pound combos. All the risk is on flashs part. Bane is 5-5 after playing a good bane for a long time it seems pretty even after his buffs. The range on his d1 beats flash at his golden footsie space and flash has no way to keep bane out plus bane has gallons of armor. For shazam i can agree but his teleport getting buffed means shazam escapes flash knockdown pressure for free even if you read it you can;t punish.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Please tell me why you think Flash vs Grundy is 5-5
Well walking corpse can be beat by lightning kick and Flash is faster but I can see grundy winning
And flash can get up for free after mb walking corpse with lightning kick

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
WW has great air mobility good normals her whip out ranges flash and is safe shes just a tank. Nightwing may be 5-5 in escrimo but he wins in staff his zoning will make flash have to get in and once flash in is nightwing in staff eats him alive, Killer frost has great backdash great air dash which means free jump in mixups. And since you're worried about the slide the whole time she gets a lot of jump ins. And of course her braindead vortex off of a save slide. Flash can;t go for knockdown pressure because of slide. The only good thing for flash is after a blocked slide she can;t parry because of his low d1 but all she has to do is jump away. Aquaman's b1 shuts flash's footie option down just like GL does. He has superior d1 and a actual anti air. I would say trait but flash can just use sonic pound combos. All the risk is on flashs part. Bane is 5-5 after playing a good bane for a long time it seems pretty even after his buffs. The range on his d1 beats flash at his golden footsie space and flash has no way to keep bane out plus bane has gallons of armor. For shazam i can agree but his teleport getting buffed means shazam escapes flash knockdown pressure for free even if you read it you can;t punish.
I will make a video here in about another hour.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Bane is an even match-up. Flash really has a bitch of a time getting in vs Bane's armored footsie game and corner rape. Bane has a bitch of a time because of 60% combos.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Bane is an even match-up. Flash really has a bitch of a time getting in vs Bane's armored footsie game and corner rape. Bane has a bitch of a time because of 60% combos.
Flash make bane look silly boy. I'll include all of this in my video in another hour, I would like to see what you all think first. so then I can make a full thought reply.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Flash make bane look silly boy. I'll include all of this in my video in another hour, I would like to see what you all think first. so then I can make a full thought reply.
I disagree. I played a lot of Flash players and I think it's as fair as you'll get.

Bane's armored moves and his own whiff punishing game is very strong. He makes approach incredibly difficult and he can take the life lead and run with it. His damage goes up insanely high with increasing levels of Venom so he can match Flash in terms of damage and in straight-up raw attacks he beats him outright anyway(referring to single hit shit like charge, grab, etc.) Jump 2 is whiff punishable but on the plus it really fucks with his armor so if you're in a position to use it easily then things are gonna get rough.

On the other hand, Flash has better whiff punishing with stuff like MB Pound, Lightning kick, and his strings depending on the distance. Add that he can take HUGE chunks of life away and Bane has to play carefully. I don't think anything beyond level 2 Venom is necessary unless he's gonna kill you for the simple fact that it adds nothing to get in on Flash. When Flash gets the life lead then he can run away just as well. I can't comment on Flash's corner game since I don't get cornered by him(lol) so if you or one of the other Flash mains could talk me through it that'd be nice of you.

It boils down to who makes better reads and who manages meter for Clash better. IMO it's 5-5, if it's in anybody's favor it's Bane's since Flash needs meter a lot more and taking away life lead + sitting on meter = nightmare for flash.

EDIT: I'm not trying to correct you on your character lol, just trying to inform you about mine. :) Match-Up discussion is good, we can all learn something from controlled talks.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I disagree. I played a lot of Flash players and I think it's as fair as you'll get.

Bane's armored moves and his own whiff punishing game is very strong. He makes approach incredibly difficult and he can take the life lead and run with it. His damage goes up insanely high with increasing levels of Venom so he can match Flash in terms of damage and in straight-up raw attacks he beats him outright anyway(referring to single hit shit like charge, grab, etc.) Jump 2 is whiff punishable but on the plus it really fucks with his armor so if you're in a position to use it easily then things are gonna get rough.

On the other hand, Flash has better whiff punishing with stuff like MB Pound, Lightning kick, and his strings depending on the distance. Add that he can take HUGE chunks of life away and Bane has to play carefully. I don't think anything beyond level 2 Venom is necessary unless he's gonna kill you for the simple fact that it adds nothing to get in on Flash. When Flash gets the life lead then he can run away just as well. I can't comment on Flash's corner game since I don't get cornered by him(lol) so if you or one of the other Flash mains could talk me through it that'd be nice of you.

It boils down to who makes better reads and who manages meter for Clash better. IMO it's 5-5, if it's in anybody's favor it's Bane's since Flash needs meter a lot more and taking away life lead + sitting on meter = nightmare for flash.

EDIT: I'm not trying to correct you on your character lol, just trying to inform you about mine. :) Match-Up discussion is good, we can all learn something from controlled talks.
when you're venom runs out, and i hit a 1 bar 80% you will shit your pants.
I will include it in the video though ;p

RYX

BIG PUSHER
when you're venom runs out, and i hit a 1 bar 80% you will shit your pants.
I will include it in the video though ;p
Debuff for level 1 isn't that high lol. Bane isn't helpless without Venom either, even on debuff.

It sucks that you're on a different console. :( We'd have some fun ass matches

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Debuff for level 1 isn't that high lol. Bane isn't helpless without Venom either, even on debuff.

It sucks that you're on a different console. :( We'd have some fun ass matches
when you raging charge i get a punish into an oki.
When you wake up I punish the shit out of you.
I out footsie bane, i don't need to get in. He will come to me first.

i think its too early for m/u discussion, specially since there is new tech found about every other day. i can tell you his hard m/u's: everyone with fast projectiles and/or air control

RYX

BIG PUSHER
when you raging charge i get a punish into an oki.
When you wake up I punish the shit out of you.
I out footsie bane, i don't need to get in. He will come to me first.
Nobody will ever raging charge, it's not needed. What zoning is there to punish? :p

What does Flash do vs d.1 and f.2.down? AFAIK They out-reach all his moves.