What's new

Firestorm Revealed. Update: New trailer

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm glad you saw his whole moveset. I only got to see a fireball and a full screen dash looking thing. And when it's ex'd he's a running fireball. But I guess you got to go play with UUDD, lucky bastard :/
They showed off a printed copy of his movet, they showed his trait, his super, and even his throw animation.

There is no hint of transmuations in any of it.

He looks like a standard zoner with fireballs, and some traps.

Thats fine, but it's a complete waste of Firestorms powerset to be that fireguy.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
He looks like a standard zoner with fireballs, and some traps.
Thats fine, but it's a complete waste of Firestorms powerset to be that fireguy.
Can't argue that. Fire is cool and this moveset is cool, but how often do you EVER see a transmuter? It'd been neat to see him do something emphasizing his core power focus.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Okay I just saw the "xray" and they could've done a lot better. Definitely seems like a rip off of multiple character specials put into one.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm sad that they talked more about the paper the move list was printed on then the moves themselves.
So much this. Some youtubers love themselves and hearing their cringy voices way too much. Cutting 16bit insight but leaving lame stuff like them acting like paper experts like it's funny or something shows that they didn't deserve to be picked for the reveal.

JDM

Noob
So much this. Some youtubers love themselves and hearing their cringy voices way too much. Cutting 16bit insight but leaving lame stuff like them acting like paper experts like it's funny or something shows that they didn't deserve to be picked for the reveal.

Xavier Woods is a legit FGC fan. Dude was geeking for sure and over the top but he's more competent than a lot of people here think.

He's shown up to NLBC events before, Kofi too I think but probably just tagging along.

The other 3 didn't really seem like they wanted to be there as much and was more for promoting their twitter/insta, but still. Woods may come off as a bit cringy and over the top but he's a cool dude and loves the FGC.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I initially thought that the reveal would be a grappler... NOPE! Just a black guy. I guess that makes (marketing)sense. Overall, I think Rusch looks really good, but I really can't comment on the gameplay. There isn't enough of it. I figure the original guy (Ronnie Raymond?) had better be a skin. Stewart s a skin so it's only fair.

As far as the amount of gameplay we got... listen guys, this video wasn't for us. This video was for casuals, period. The "Shattered Alliances" trailers are for casuals, we're just going to have to deal with it. MKX sold millions, and this is part of the reason why. Let WB & NRS do their thing; the game will sell and we'll reap the rewards.

Let's face it, 90% of the people reading this are already sold on the game. They're trying to reach everyone else.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Most annoying reveal yet. On a side note, his head looks like a flaming trash can so hopefully they do something about that

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
That was horrible. I am not even talking about the UUDD stuff, as they can use whatever method they want to deliver reveals. However, they made this character, who is full of possibilities, look unimaginative and boring. He could have the greatest gameplay of the entire cast, but we didn't even get a glimpse of that in a 12-minute video. Someone was editing this video, and thought "that's a job well-done." Really poor work.