What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sub-Zero F'ING STUPID

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
DJT is the best Sub, or Madzin probably. Lord Brady is also up there with them, but Madzin won a major.
and we can all agree when Brady fights against a better player, no matter what brady does it will seem that he has no options because the other player will just out read and out play him. no offense brady, really am a fan.. i watched close to all of your MK9 tourny matches.

same applies to me, when i fight a better player it looks the same. i just swollow it and level up my game so it doesnt happen again..

but on this actual topic @Tom Brady is right, and that should be fixed, but its up to others afterwords weather the damage on his 50/50 corners gets toned down. either that or give some more damage to umm Cyrax, im cool with that as well. just throwing out some suggestions.

wouldn't mind standing Armor on Cyrax either. since imo he is at a crossroads right after he gets guessed right and knocked down. he is at the mercy of 50/50 guesses / baits.

he has to constantly keep up the offense which imo is kinda dumb cuz he is supposed to be a zoner. and thats not very offensive since he can just get ran through net blocked into full punish.
and forget tele portin fools just rape that whole bomb pressure like its no tomorrow. but i digress im still labbing and won't give up on my cyrax... this is all hypothetical considering he is gonna lose the Reset. which he will.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Why? Instead of regurgitating the same response over and over tell me why I'm wrong.
If you don't think slide -which is 9 frames and travels 3/4screen and goes under a whole host of projectiles is good for counterzoning i dont know what to tell you.

The threat of slide alone means they have to be careful and not just yolo spam which kitana can do against 2 of my characters all day.

Its only ineffective against low projectiles; which are full punish on jump in.

If you're getting locked out all game thats 100% on you. Most of the cast have way shittier tools to get in.

Not to mention ex ice ball which is a great counter zoning tool.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Right.. I have been to 10 majors and 3 times 9th, 3 times top 16, one top 32, and one 17th. Name me the other SZ players who played solely SZ and did better in USA tournaments?

Im just that other sz who doesnt know anything
I specifically said you were up there... You're the best solely Sub-Zero player as you are one of the only solely Sub-Zero players. I'm just saying they are just as good and arguably better, no need to take it personally, I respect you and what you do for Sub-Zero and the community.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I specifically said you were up there... You're the best solely Sub-Zero player as you are one of the only solely Sub-Zero players. I'm just saying they are just as good and arguably better, no need to take it personally, I respect you and what you do for Sub-Zero and the community.
and thats why i phrased it that way, cuz i knew he would freak about it.. but like i said.. tom brady is a great player... ive followed him through alot of his majors in mk9.. it just seems sub is a reworked character that is not in toms favor of style.. the clone was his pressure tool in mk9.. and it has been almost completely taken away. i can't count how many characters have some tool to get through his clone.

there are better players than him obviously.. but i will give tom that he is the best sub zero main.. that does not waver.. in the sense that he will always love sub zero and will always use him as his main kombatant.

"up there" is an insult. You are saying that I'm the worst of the good sz players as if they would be in all these top 8s rather than 9ths. Even dumber is singing praise when others lose game 1 and switch to win every set in the tournament, or just dont use sz at all but are known to have used him.

I accept that i'm not a good sz and I look forward to the SZ army taking over top 8 rather then shit 9ths

@Tim Static close the thread and put it in the netherrealm.

let the good sz players post.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
You want to add to the random factor? Stupid stance switching adds to it, facing the same side or yin yang'ed changes the properties of moves and combos. Another recent discovery I made is the blocking animation causes different results. Yes you heard that right. "THE BLOCKING ANIMATION" There are 3 different animations I have seen and they are used at random which causes inconsistencies. There is a left arm, right arm and both arms. There is no reason for inconsistencies like these to exist.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
"up there" is an insult. You are saying that I'm the worst of the good sz players as if they would be in all these top 8s rather than 9ths.
It certainly wasnt my intention to insult you in any way, I'm sorry it was perceived that way. I wasn't implying that you are bad, I said you were in the same class as the best players in the world. When I said "up there" I meant basically the peak of what a Sub-Zero player can be, I never intended it to be a negative comment towards you, I was trying to pay respects to some great Sub-Zero players.

and thats why i phrased it that way, cuz i knew he would freak about it.. but like i said.. tom brady is a great player... ive followed him through alot of his majors in mk9.. it just seems sub is a reworked character that is not in toms favor of style.. the clone was his pressure tool in mk9.. and it has been almost completely taken away. i can't count how many characters have some tool to get through his clone.

there are better players than him obviously.. but i will give tom that he is the best sub zero main.. that does not waver.. in the sense that he will always love sub zero and will always use him as his main kombatant.

People exposing his issues doesn't mean I dont know wtf im doing. The other SZ players fail just as much. But you can have your favorites. Ill stay thet shit "other sz"..

@Tim Static damnit TIM!! Netherrealm this!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yes. There is no way this is intentional and could be classified as "game breaking" for Sub Zero. It's a huge part of his GM game.
Sub-Zero is not the only character suffering for this, every single character that has a launcher that his crouching character regardless of spending a bar or not is suffering from this.

However, anyone else that doesn't play a character which this doesn't affect them, think this is totally fine.

@Eddy Wang dat crouching launch life

IceNinja

Assassin
So basically this game is just as fucked up as MK9...smh Seeing stuff like this seriously makes me regret being more of a MK guy than SF. I mean MKX has all the bells & whistles and lots of extra stuff to do which is great but what really matters is the core fighting mechanics and balance.

Why are they still using 3D hitboxes in a 2D fighting game? There must be a reason.

I own SFV and I'm considering completely switching over, but I have been having a lot of fun playing unbreakable and cyber sub lately so idk, I'm torn. I guess you just cant take MK seriously.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You want to add to the random factor? Stupid stance switching adds to it, facing the same side or yin yang'ed changes the properties of moves and combos. Another recent discovery I made is the blocking animation causes different results. Yes you heard that right. "THE BLOCKING ANIMATION" There are 3 different animations I have seen and they are used at random which causes inconsistencies. There is a left arm, right arm and both arms. There is no reason for inconsistencies like these to exist.
When characters in this game breathes or shakes from blocking a previous hit, his hitbox breathes with them, so if a move is designed to hit at the limit of hurtbox and even if is just for a frame, the move you used happens to be exactly late and the character breathes on that frame where he could be hit, your move will go over or under their hitbox.

Adding that to the factor that MKX has different launching proprieties if one is crouching, its what is making playing similar characters very annoying to the one using.
Whenever you launch someone straight from crouch or crouch blocking, he floats under the juggling line the move you used was designed to launch. As result, all fillers you could use to convert your damage will or will not work regardless, and this starts to add randomness in the game

This game already low profiles mostly all special highs , even if still hits crouch blocking characters, but goes over mashing d1's for no reason, when you hit someone with a launching move while they're low profiling its even worse than already is.

No matter if hitting someone low profiling, crouching, the juggling line should be just the same for every launching move in the game.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Sub-Zero is not the only character suffering for this, every single character that has a launcher that his crouching character regardless of spending a bar or not is suffering from this.

However, anyone else that doesn't play a character which this doesn't affect them, think this is totally fine.

btw Jason's B122 suffers from this issue as well :(

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Dude If you don't like it stay out the subzero forums , nobody is making u read or watch toms stuff, a lot of ppl actually appreciate the things tom post and the work he puts into them
People will always come in the Sub Zero forums to spread their salt because they can't seem to beat or get past his tools but at the same time they are the true sub zero mains cause they know the character more than people who play him lol

Some characters might face some issues, but no one is affected as much as Sub Zero. His entire gameplay is ruined vs female characters because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.