What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sub-Zero F'ING STUPID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I will use Sektor on every single female except Mileena who I use Cryomancer on. I honestly think Grandmaster Sub is a very good pocked character, or to be used on a team of characters. Like he has death matches, but he also gives the D to a lot of the really good characters like Jax, Cage, Reptile, Kotal, he is probably Liu Kang's most challangeng match up, but he gets rekt by a few characters. Completely lopsided match up chart, sometimes it works out for him sometimes it doesn't. In my opinion, a team of Cage and Sub would cover every matchup in the game.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I think people would find him a lot more stupid if it was consistent. It wasnt intentional but still is currently acting as a balancing element
why so mych hate towards subby, when many other characters have the same unreactible 50/50's, so in others words, why hate on him , when many others in fact almost the entire cast can do what he does but better.

obviously subzero is a very strong and viable character, but your hate isnt directed on sub more so on the machanics of the game. in that case you don't like fighting games, cuz what my finding s have found.. that all fighting games have guessing situations in them.

Wigy

There it is...
why so mych hate towards subby, when many other characters have the same unreactible 50/50's, so in others words, why hate on him , when many others in fact almost the entire cast can do what he does but better.

obviously subzero is a very strong and viable character, but your hate isnt directed on sub more so on the machanics of the game. in that case you don't like fighting games, cuz what my finding s have found.. that all fighting games have guessing situations in them.
I wasnt hating, i've said this should be fixed. But name one other character with meterless 45% armour breaking 50/50s which are tricky to punish

MadeOfMetal

I wasnt hating, i've said this should be fixed. But name one other character with meterless 45% armour breaking 50/50s which are tricky to punish
ive got a 52% with mileena in the corner.. and yes its tricky. and yes i have armor breaking tech into the 50/50 guess.. and if you guess wrong you are eating 52%.

and since thats just mileena, there is many more that do it. i here Tremor, bo rai cho, and some others do this as well.

Wigy

There it is...
ive got a 52% with mileena in the corner.. and yes its tricky. and yes i have armor breaking tech into the 50/50 guess.. and if you guess wrong you are eating 52%.

and since thats just mileena, there is many more that do it. i here Tremor, bo rai cho, and some others do this as well.
I think you'd struggle to find many more characters who can do it, even with bar and hit those numbers with half the safety he has, not to mention the fact that the general meta would be nowhere near as bad as with sub and his clone out.

How many of these characters can also grab you into a combo aside from bo rai chu (who has to spend a bar)

I dont see how you can say his corner game isnt one of the best even with hitbox issues.

MadeOfMetal

I think you'd struggle to find many more characters who can do it, even with bar and hit those numbers with half the safety he has, not to mention the fact that the general meta would be nowhere near as bad as with sub and his clone out.

How many of these characters can also grab you into a combo aside from bo rai chu (who has to spend a bar)

I dont see how you can say his corner game isnt one of the best even with hitbox issues.
its not a question of if you think his corner game or i think his corner game is strong... its the plain fact that tom pointed out there is a glitch that needs to be fixed. its definitely not intended weather you or i would like it to be. and thus must be fixed.

its not ok for a game developer to leave known issues on one character while allowing others to not have the same issues, its unfair, and changes certain character matchup numbers, and players fighting chance for money.

Wigy

There it is...
its not a question of if you think his corner game or i think his corner game is strong... its the plain fact that tom pointed out there is a glitch that needs to be fixed. its definitely not intended weather you or i would like it to be. and thus must be fixed.

its not ok for a game developer to leave known issues on one character while allowing others to not have the same issues, its unfair, and changes certain character matchup numbers, and players fighting chance for money.
Dude like i said i agree. Just think with that his shatter combos need toned down as these bugs are the only thing not making it stupid

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X

He may be "viable" but he's certainly not very strong. You'll never see Sub win a major, he's just way to free to zoning/keep away.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I love how the majority of people posting in this thread are just relating it Sub-Zero and insisting that he will be "OP" if this is fixed. You guys do realize this applies to other characters right?

MadeOfMetal

Really? Go watch Brady playing against Foxys Mileena right now and tell me how Sub gets in.
thats because god bless brady, isnt the best sub zero out there anymore. nothing against brady.. i am a huge fan, but in the hands of sonic and many others, Sub zero is a very good strong competative character.

note i still want the B2 issue fixed.. but like i said im not gonna downplay one of my favorite characters of all time... i love sub.. but what made me alter was i wanted his traditional clones from mk9.. air to ground combos and so on.. but it seemd they changed him up alot on this game so i was like. maybe a different character.. and i have been huge fan of Smoke and cyrax for a long time..

then alien into the mix, jason and Leatherface. it makes the game all that much more fun to me.

just wondering, why not use Cyber sub Zero?

he is
undoubtedly top tier character from what we have seen, and if not top, he is definitely a competative worthy character with very strong zoning and pressure.

you should convert being a lin kuei main and go with their cyber initiative.

may not have a clone but honestly doesn't need it. has a machine gun projectile that out trades when both hit. and great great pressure. takes what Sub Zero does and Takes it to another level.

id put him top A+

with sub zero being Low Atier

both still viable but one is massively better matchups

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Really? Go watch Brady playing against Foxys Mileena right now and tell me how Sub gets in.
I didn't say it was just a cake walk. I'm just saying he doesn't struggle insanely hard as he does have to tools to get in like a well timed slide. I'm a little unfamiliar with the new mileena's zoning as air sais are good now so I'd meet to lab it. But yeah sub has what it takes to win, hes good and a few tweaks from being great.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
thats because god bless brady, isnt the best sub zero out there anymore. nothing against brady.. i am a huge fan, but in the hands of sonic and many others, Sub zero is a very good strong competative character.

note i still want the B2 issue fixed.. but like i said im not gonna downplay one of my favorite characters of all time... i love sub.. but what made me alter was i wanted his traditional clones from mk9.. air to ground combos and so on.. but it seemd they changed him up alot on this game so i was like. maybe a different character.. and i have been huge fan of Smoke and cyrax for a long time..

then alien into the mix, jason and Leatherface. it makes the game all that much more fun to me.
Wait, sonic has a Sub-Zero?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
sonic can use em all you know this.

may not main him, but he has shown he can do it with all of them. just like many other great players, DJT, Reo and so on
DJT is the best Sub, or Madzin probably. Lord Brady is also up there with them, but Madzin won a major.

Status
Not open for further replies.